MP-44 KO

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Mar 2, 2020.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It basically dangles off of his back. If you leave it on just to pose, he'll be fine. If you want to play with it, the pack will fall right off.

• Like Like x 1
  2. X Wing Flyboy

X Wing Flyboy Well-Known Member

Yeah it does that. Was messing with it and kinda managed to get it to lightly stay on but as you say, it will fall off.
    Shame it won't actually fit Sideswipe MP either.

3. Nicorobot

Nicorobot Well-Known Member

Apologize if my question was already asked, but is the panel on the left side of the bot, for the non-battle damaged version, included? It seems to be missing.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    If you look straight at the figure, the battledamaged part is a clip-on. (Only on the rightside of the figure because of the damage optimus gets in the movie)
    Remove it, and you have a clean version of optimus.

You dont have 1 damaged part and 1 clean part. The damaged part just clips on top of the figure.

Hope the above makes sense.

And this "battledamaged" part has been included with every ko version. The figure has it attached in the box, but you can remove it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Nicorobot

Nicorobot Well-Known Member

Oh, i didn't know. Thank You so much!

6. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    So, I went KO with this. I just couldn't part with that much money for a Masterpiece, regardless of issues (or none at all). Still, it was a taste of what this mold has to offer.

...Takara-Tomy are a bunch of madlads. This thing is insane. By all accounts, just looking at it mid-transformation, this thing shouldn't even work or be possible. I can't believe this actually transforms and is as articulated as it is. It's insane to me.

I have the V1 and the V3/4 (small backpack) versions. I love the voice box (man, do you have to dig for Cullen's stuff though...) and while I'm not a fan of chrome, it looks so much nicer on here than it should. I do like how the backpack is formed out of the grill. Kind of impressed with how that works. Shame about the battery life, though... Left the batteries in (brand new, of course) for a little over a week and they died shortly thereafter. ( =\ )

I get what they were trying to go for with the knees, but wow...yeah, I see why they fail. Good grief, do I. Sometimes K.I.S.S. is best. The ab-crunch/side-to-side joint is just...well...it's nice for the intention and not so much in the execution. ...man, did they want to give him cartoon everything. Geez.

Aside from the waist being delicate and the knees blowing out if you look at them funny, I still love the mold. I didn't initially, but I do now. It's insane how the sides of the cab end up inside the legs and it seems natural. Like...how?

I'd say V3 is my favorite, though. Much easier to transform the cab portion with the backpack. I miss the electronics in the backpack, though. So crisp, so clear, so Peter Cullen.

Not a fan of the rifle or the axe. I don't like how the pins on the hinge for the rifle have bright white stress marks on one of them and the other had both marks actually crack. (Both fully function, just...yikes.) The removing his hand to attach the axe thing feels wrong. The plastic seems sturdy enough for it to work, but yikes... That little "c" clamp it forms is just nerve-wracking.

I can see why paint (on the official) would chip on this thing. Credit to TT for wanting cohesive/consistent coloring but this guy doesn't really want paint, honestly. Kudos to anyone who can transform or pose this thing without it chipping on them. Amazing work on y'alls part.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Honestly I tossed around buying the KO for a long time too. If only it had been a complete KO with the trailer and all the accessories I would have bought it.

It's Optimus, I want the trailer and all the goodies. In retrospect I should have just got it in 2019 because I am more than satisfied even with what I spent.

I think the main reason I did not get it back then was because I chose to back Unicron over getting him thinking that MP-44 would linger at online stores for a good while, and he didn't really linger that long. lol.

8. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I'm surprised the trailer hasn't been KO'd yet. I know there are preorders for it, but I guess they've been up for quite some time with no movement and no proof of existence. That's why I went with the MP-10 trailer and honestly, I think he looks great with it. Especially the V3/4 one with the silver paint instead of chromed plastic. It almost matches the trailer's color/tone.

I never imagined the official would sell out at the asking price, man was I wrong. 0_o

• Like Like x 4
  9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I saw on showZ the KO trailer but it never seems to actually come to fruition. And like jackisking said, his trailer is actually really cool. Much cooler than MP-10s.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, really wish that trailer would come out. I've got MP-10 and his trailer so that's nice but I really want the 44 trailer. I actually want two - one to keep toon to go with MS-02 and TE-01 and one to put the toyhax labels on to be more toy styled to go with my custom MP-44+ and my MS-02TC.

• Like Like x 2
  11. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    20231117_225723.jpg
    "Monsters! They made me a weapon to destroy the very ones I loved in life."
    20230707_092234.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  12. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    ...the balls you have, sir. Brass, and giant. That's utterly fantastic work, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. That's so good, it's insane!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Dead End14

Dead End14 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  14. artimus prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :lol  Thanks! I'll try to hide my bow-legged cowboy walk.

Nope. I bought the KO to fully damage and compliment my official MP-44.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Arcflash81

Arcflash81 Well-Known Member

I just got my first copy of the MP44 KO. It's generally pretty cool, looks great next to MS-02EX.

I just got one question: Is this misalignment a me thing or a KO thing? Both sides are doing it. I've transformed it twice and gotten the same results. If I push the tanks up to be even, they just move back. Is there somewhere that I've not tucked, folded, or space magic'd something wrong? PXL_20231202_233848599.jpg

16. Jim1981

Jim1981 Well-Known Member

I have an extra mp-44 KO lying around. How did you manage to get those clean breaks?

17. artimus prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The entire process is linked in my signature.

• Like Like x 1
  18. crdavismusic

crdavismusic Vectron Labs-Only Collector

News Credits:
    Just picked up a copy of the KO, and am loosening & tightening screws as per the pdf posted in this thread. Very helpful.

I don't own a pin punch, but the guide recommends using a hammer and nail to push the pin in the matrix chamber in further. Is this advisable? The pin does appear to be not pushed through completely:

20240105_175116.jpg

19. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

20. artimus prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nope... not yet. It's inevitable, but I keep getting new characters with extra money.

• Like Like x 2