MP-44 KO

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Mar 2, 2020.

1. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Barebot

Barebot Well-Known Member

Ah, that makes sense. I've lost track of how many KO's there's been, but felt sure it was more than three.

3. Hawktransfan

Hawktransfan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Lol this will sound strange but if you push the gun in the palm real hard the tab will slightly bend causing a great fit. It will Bend the plastic though giving stress marks but the gun fits super secure now.

4. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    So for the first time since I got the guy (MP44 Silver) I decided to transform him. And I know this is a controversial stance, but it was alot of fun and sorry as a rock, one everything is grabbed in.

What motivated me was looking at the various time stamps and videos on youtube, showing MP44 being transformed in about 15 minutes. That's really not that bad I thought . And it wasn't, I really enjoyed it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hawktransfan

Hawktransfan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I really liked the transformation too its intuitive enough. I have the silver leg version as well. One thing I noticed is since I've transformed him, a few dozen times the right leg shin panel (outer) won't stay closed unless I Ieave the inner knee tab untabbed. I think this ko makes me want the official for the paint job trailer and accessories. I have TE and MP 10 and mp44 is by far the best in terms of presence alt mode and playability. Also the alt mode rear is more real world accurate as a semi when bobtailing (thats what they call a truck without the trailer) is just a frame with a fithwheel.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's really great. Funny enough the transformation made me appreciate the non-paint of the KO. I accidently swiped my finger nail along the plastic with no worries of paint chipping.

Also, at $100 I'm not to worried about messing around with it, but if I pay $500 I would be very apprehensive about touching it.

Funny enough every time I consider grabbing a CHUG figure I remind myself I can get a MPKO, depending on the character size, for $15-$50 more, so aside from a few exceptions, why even bother lol? Even while I transforming this guy, I figured if he broke I could just buy a new one. That same thought would NOT pass my mind if it was the official.

Edit: I got it back into robot mode not as enjoyable as converting to vehicle mode, BUT not bad in any way. I still very much enjoyed it and look forward to doing it again, when I have 20-30 uninterrupted minutes.

The thing that surprises me is everything feels very solid and secure during transformation. My past experiences with complex transformations is not only is it complex, but the individual parts feel fragile. often robbing the enjoyment of the experience and relaxing it with worries of breakage. This was not the case with KO MP44 V3.

I would say the worse part was detaching the blue clamp of the matrix robot abdominal grill. It was strongly secured and I was worried I was going to break it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  7. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK, I have seen both the KO with voice box and one without with white legs. Does the voice box version KO have all the joint fixes? I like the sleekness of the flat backed one so maybe I'll scrub the voice box. I would love any input people with the figure have.

lastly, do all KO come with that metal autobot symbol to add to arm?

8. Necrobot

Necrobot Mechanoid Vivisectionist

I don't have many answers as I am not sure how the joints were on the official MP-44... but these ratchets are quite rigid. Also, I've never put batteries in KO-44's giant backpack (or wherever they go) to test the voice. Hopefully, it's classic 84-86 Peter Cullen clips... I'm old.

I can confirm that my KO-44 Silverlegs came with a little metal Autobot insignia that looks perfect in my opinion.

Here he is with a first edition THF Dynastron.

20230425_172211.jpg
    20230425_172604.jpg
    20230425_173407.jpg
    20230425_172849.jpg

My only issues were as follows:

-KO-44 can barely hold his Ion Blaster. It falls out with every repositioning.. foot fall, or sideways glance.

-His massive backpack makes him back-heavy and KO-44 constantly falls backwards when trying to pose him dynamically... or if someone'sfoot falls causetoo much vibration.

And lastly... separating the head from the blue-block adapter so that I could easily swap out heads was a complete pain in the arse!! But... after fear, trial, error and a lot of cursing...

Voila!!

20230410_105833.jpg

Group Shot..

20230410_110610.jpg

3 on 1

20230423_163630.jpg

... and one final image before "Light of Peace" arrives.

20230423_161631.jpg

Cheers

• Like Like x 5
  9. lil society vert

lil society vert ROTB Scourge's biggest shooter

can anybody comment on how their 4th version ko with the smaller backpack is holding up over time?

10. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

Mine is good. Had it since last April. All the joints are still stiff. Nothing broken.

Side note: I've only had the small backpack version and I find it jarring to see the OG/genuine one now from any sort of 3/4 view. That backpack is crazy in my eyes now.

• Like Like x 3
  11. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have the small backpack KO. It's holding up quite well. It did come with the metal shoulder symbol.

• Like Like x 2
  12. lil society vert

lil society vert ROTB Scourge's biggest shooter

thank you both, now to wait for showz to ship mine out lol

13. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    What ever happened with the ko trailer?

• Like Like x 1
  14. VVa

VVa If you don't Booyah back I want you dead.

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    IMG_6795.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  15. Abigail Barajas

Abigail Barajas LilithHam

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Just ordered one, I think Im gonna sell my Magic Square 2.0 Prime

16. Criggity

Criggity Well-Known Member

I have the first gen KO but I was thinking about getting the 3.0 with the thin backpack, how does it hold up compared to the 1.0? I haven't transformed mine yet because I'm still terrified of the knees and weak waist

17. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

I had the first gen and upgraded to the new one when my first gen snapped in half... So far, this newer version feels way more solid overall. I've transformed him more than the first one already and have no worries of things breaking.

18. Atomic Tofu

Atomic Tofu Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Does this suggest you prefer MP-44 mold more? I'm trying to think of preferences...and MS 2.0 comes out on top...so really curious. :D 

19. VVa

VVa If you don't Booyah back I want you dead.

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For its flaws, MP-44 is an amazing figure. Just a bit more posability than its other MP-Prime brethren, and some may prefer his proportions.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ssjgoku22

ssjgoku22 Well-Known Member

For me, I have the Magic Square 2.0EX and the MP-44 ko and I still prefer how MP-44 feels in-hand. The heft of MP-44 feels a lot more premium versus the very light feel of MS 2.0. I also prefer the sculpt of MP-44. Something about it just looks more appealing to me versus MS 2.0.

• Like Like x 2