MP-44 KO

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I'm more in the "who shall replace MP-10?" it was going to be MSX, but MP44 went on sale.

2. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    Just ordered another V3 from ShowZ. Can't beat the price. Hoping he tabs in everywhere this time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MrOrange645

MrOrange645 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I really like Ol Silver Pants. He is the most solid bot mode KO yet. He was a bit fiddly to get all lined up in truck mode, but I got him there.

Oddly my V2 white pants lines up the best in truck mode and stays lined up. But in bot mode, his lower legs won't stay together at all. I know there's some tricks I need to do to get the pegs to stay, but I just left him in truck mode. My V1 is is also rock solid in bot mode.

My collection started when I had knee surgery and was stuck on the couch. I got an MP10V to play with. Then I blinked and I have a whole room of Transformers. I don't know where they came from. I swear. LOL.

Actually my first MP was a gift from my first wife several years ago,, before she died. It's MP-01 OP. But he was a one off for over a decade. The collecting really started with MP10V. Now I have official MPs, 3P, KO, mainline, and one legends scale. I mostly collect G1 in MP and Chug scale. But I've got a few oddball in my collection, too. My GOAL is to get all the G1 Season 1 Autobots and Decepticons that arrived on the Ark, in both MP scale and CHUG scale.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

If you like the MP 10 mold MS is a great go to IMO. I remember when TE and MS were dropping I chose by whoever dropped first. MS made it to market first so I went MS and Im glad I did cause I dont care for TEs limited leg articulation or whatever it was, just wish the X was V1.

MP 44 KO is still on my list even though im still satisfied with MS

• Like Like x 1
  5. MrOrange645

Ebay:
    Yup. MS-01 Is really an updated MP-10. I love both of mine. Thinking about pre-ordering the new MS-01X+. Just waiting on pics to see what the real difference is. Everyone I've seen is reusing the old MS-01X pics.

Snag MP-44 KO right now while it's on sale at ShowZ! You won't regret it!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Kung Fu Roo

If I get one itll be from taobao. its around 66 USD there. I have three lots coming from taobao and MP 44 missed the cut. If shipping wasnt as bad as it atm through superbuy, I would have thrown one in just cause. TBH if I didnt have MS 01 I would have gotten one. Just in no rush to have a shelf debate when im fine with MS

7. MrOrange645

Ebay:
    I understand that. Just don't miss out. I've done that and had to pay the late tax. LOL. Ask me about my Maketoys seekers :D 

I've never used Taobao. I know there's a tutorial here, but it seems like a huge hassle to me.

8. Kung Fu Roo

Im okay if I miss out. Im really satisfied with MS. Im sure Ill eventually get MP 44 V 25 at run out prices.

Using an agent like Superbuy really isnt a hassle, it just costs more than buying direct from taobao. These days using superbuy isnt all that with shipping prices so inflated. Direct from taobao is still way cheaper shipping wise but comes with its own challenges I havent experienced. Think I may do a cheap buy just to see. For example a certain brands items get flagged as restrictive and wont be shipped out.. then you have to deal with the store for a refund or a title relisting. Sellers who only speak chinese. Using superbuy, if you have issues with a store they speak to the seller and they will generally ship out anything in my experience.

9. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    '
    I got MP10 years back. When the batch of new Optimatis came out, I didn't like the look of any (MS-01 being unpainted).

MS-01X came around, and he had the best build of the three for my tastes; just had to paint his crest and forearm arrows myself.

Then I saw silver leg MP44, so I bit, figuring the increased articulation was worth it. However, side by side with MS-01X, MP44 design just looks too clunky.

Glad that I didn't hop on the TE bandwagon too.

In reality, this guy still looks pretty good, and is the best built OP out there.
    20210910_160442.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  10. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Good to know, thank you for the thoughtful input.

So that was my draw, but I figure I already have MP10 and again MP44 sale.

Love MP10, he is awesome. For me TE was too cartoony. MP44 while cartoony, still has some nice surface details, and silver leg just looks cool.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can get the insignia badge from? I think I lost it in the packaging.

12. Kung Fu Roo

I liked the MP10 mold a lot. So maybe thats why Im satisfied with the MS so much. Had the Legit Hasbro, sold it and got a KO Hasbro. Sold that for a Japanese KO then sold that to go back to a Hasbro KO. Bought the SG and B Version Kos too but sold them when I got the MS01. Should of kept the Black version but thought to myself I have the OS MMP one. I put MP 10B back on the list recently. Its still about 41 dollars on taobao, almost bought him my latest go around. A must have for me next time even before a MP 44 KO.

• Like Like x 4
  13. TheCrow32

TheCrow32 Well-Known Member

I feel you on the MP10 mold. Until I bought my first one (year of the horse) I never understood why anyone would buy multiples of the same mold. I now have four.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I think just to be safe, out of the box ill add shock oil to silver legs' knees and hips. That seems to be the heart of the problem. I would imagine the shock oil would mitigate him pulverizing his ratchet joints.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alirius Prime

Alirius Prime Elite Sniper

News Credits:
    Well it was fun while it lasted… my Version 2 split today, so I offer him to you all for parts. I have done other work just to make transforming a better experience. UNLESS Someone has an effective fix for this? I doubt it… but anyway, if you would like the corpse, $50? I also have an official MP44 Trailer that I had with him that is also up for grabs :) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. TheCrow32

TheCrow32 Well-Known Member

That sucks. I don’t know if there is a fix for that.

17. MrOrange645

Ebay:
    I do think there's a fix for this. @God Orion posted a fix somewhere here. It wasn't his work, but another member. It involves buying a very specific size screw I believe.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    How did that happen?!?

19. MrOrange645

Ebay:
    It's typically because the joint for the ab crunch is too tight. One wrong pull and it snaps at a weak point.

20. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    That sucks! Shock oil? Has anyone tried Shock oil to lubricate the joints.