MP-44 KO

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Mar 2, 2020.

1. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks. I'm clueless I guess. Everything is so jumbled.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

I got a silver leg version in the mail yesterday. My first KO outside of the Henkei Starscream and Skywarp from years back. For the price and the improvements this version has, I am satisfied. I know this is sort of blasphemous, but I really have no interest in transforming him. I still own an MP-10 and MP-1 if I want to do that. Question: Are the light up blast effects glued shut? Wondering as one is not lighting up due to a dead battery.

• Like Like x 1
  3. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think I have tried everything. I am just tired of it now. They are very loose once they turned into friction joints

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Ah thank you for checking. I'm hoping I get a good one. If the joints feel stiff I'll try some shock oil.

5. MrOrange645

MrOrange645 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've always been Team White Pants, but the more I look at my Silver Pants KO, the more I like it. He's becoming my favorite OP, next to TE-01. He's solid and just looks so good on my shelf.

For what it's worth, I've grown to agree that OPs legs are supposed to be chrome/silver and that white was what they used to represent chrome. But when I look at an OP toy, I still expect to see white pants.

• Like Like x 3
  6. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TE or This…. Hm….

• Like Like x 1
  7. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    TE, definitely! You can't even compare both...

• Like Like x 1
  8. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

This, definitely! You can't even compare both...

A more serious response. I don't like TE. I have V2 and I find it an incredibly lifeless figure. The articulation is limited, the sculpt is rigid and the red plastic used is bland and muted.

That aside i do like it for the transformation its really clever and unique, the alt mode is also near on perfect.

I had MP44 and sold it for the V2 KO. It's solid, articulated, full of life and really evokes prime for me. The transformation is great but the alt mode ( particularly the rear half ) is poor but thats the only criticism I have of the figure. The endless articulation it has really soured me on figures that arent similar.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

When you say “missing the chrome” what do you mean? The grill in your pic looks chromed - or is it just silver paint?

10. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The silver legged one has all the chrome parts painted in silver, similar to TE-01.
    Screenshotter--YouTube-WanXiangKOMP4430OptimusPrimeSilverPaintversionReview-11’45”.png

• Like Like x 4
  11. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Ahh, thanks!

12. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Instagram:
    I agree. If the crotch and legs were supposed to be white (slavish to the animation) then it follows that the smoke stacks on his arms would be white too.

I wonder why no one wants white stacks, since that would be animation accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MrOrange645

Ebay:
    To be fair, I think there's an argument for both. Like I said I still expect and prefer white pants. I've grown to accept and even like silver/chrome pants, and my logic tells me that they were supposed to be chrome. But I still think of them as white, with the grill, bumper, and smokestacks chrome.

While it makes sense for the pants to be chrome as well, it's possible they weren't. Not everything white on the show was supposed to be chrome. Ratchet is chrome. And it's possible his legs were white, just because they wanted that red, white, blue theme.

I wish the original animators had used some sort of distinguishing color, like maybe a slightly grey tone, to differentiate between chrome and white. But maybe they left it up to the viewers interpretation as well.

Either way, I think both are acceptable. And I've even seen some custom jobs where someone did paint the grill and stacks white. It's all personal preference, and ultimately it's how you remember it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CigarJackal

Instagram:
    Having MP44 (silver leg) side by side next to MS-01X, I am going to keep the Magic Square version.

The torso just looks cleaner, with no huge backpack or deathstar shoulders. Also, the proportions make MS-01 look more "heroic" (large upper body tapering down in the waist, classic "V" shape).

I am willing to sacrifice the butterfly joint for a much cleaner upper body.

In addition, I still am not sold on MP44 kneepads, and I prefer the more gaunt face on MS-01 to the chubbier one on MP44 (that is pure personal preference).

15. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Okay I rolled the dice with Silver leg with the ShowZ Store sale.

How is ShowZ with defective parts? Just in case I get hit with defective part(s). Honestly I love the silver leg look. Gives a bit more of a mech look.

• Like Like x 2
  16. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Pretty sure MS01 has a butterfly joint. Pull the shoulders out and there's a hinge on the shoulder connection

17. CigarJackal

Instagram:
    I have never received a defective toy from Show Z. However, I have had shipping issues and they were quick to respond and helpful. Thus, I would expect them to be pretty good about replacements.
    Since they are a Chinese company, it would be reasonable to expect any replacements to take 4-12 weeks to arrive though.

You are right. I kind of forgot about that since he cleaned up so well and has been sitting in a less dynamic pose.

20210804_175501.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. MrOrange645

Ebay:
    You have more willpower than me. I did my research and decided TE-01 was MY Prime. It was all I needed. Then I bought MS-01...just because. Then MS-01X. Then another copy of TE-01. Then I bought MP10. Then I bought three more copies of MP10 (don't ask, I don't know). Then I jumped on the MP44 KO bandwagon. Then decided I needed V2 for the improvements. Then I started to like silver pants, so I got V3.

I now have two Optimus Prime shelves. Ugh...

They are good in my experience. At least they mean well. They are a bit slow to respond at times, and it takes forever to get parts. And they will occasionally send the wrong part, even when you send them pictures with the part you need circled, LOL.

You can always reach out to @ShowZStore here on the boards or in their own thread. They are fairly responsive there, too.

Other than the shipping debacle with MP44 KO, they've been great. I buy from ShowZ, TerryTFSClub, and occasionally TF-Direct. Or if I need it NOW, I bite the price bullet and buy from TFSource here in the states.

Can confirm. Just checked mine for the butterfly joint. It doesn't come as far forward and around as MP44. but it's there. TE-01 has one too.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

I ordered a Jinbao Bruticus from him maybe 4-5 years ago when his Aliexpress store was still a thing and it came with a severely loose hip. I contacted him and they said they would send a replacement. I didnt hear anything for a couple of weeks so I contacted him again. He told me he would take the hip from his personal bruticus and would send it to me. I got said hip in the mail out of the blue and its still a rock to this day. Good guy IMO

Thats my only experience with showz.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Nice! So as someone who has it all, how is V3 silver legs in your opinion ?

Glad to know they are good. I'm in no rush if I need a part. Also I appreciate the customer support.