MP-44 KO

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Kamen Rider Decade

Kamen Rider Decade A Passing-Through Kamen Rider...

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That makes some sense, except the previous Black Convoy - MP10B - didn't have all the accessories of the original MP10, either.

2. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Thank you to all those that responded, I prefer to make an educated decision if possible. I try to stay positive too, even though I may talk some shit myself sometimes!

In the spirit of this being a appreciation thread, on the bright side, those who didn't wanna pull the trigger on the pricey official get a chance to fiddle around with the engineering. If you're frustrated with the KO, think of it like a "demo disk" from the PS1 days. They may come out with a workable version of this, but think about this, if you find yourself buying 2-4 versions, you may have already spent more on the KOs than you would have on the official. And that one has a VERY fixable issue (8 screws, 4 drops of glue).

I do find it ironic that a lot of us were trying to avoid the 2019 QC curse only to have this fig embody both MP44 and Hound's issues!

3. MrOrange645

MrOrange645 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes and no. I have purchased all three versions of the KO. I pre-ordered the original for $90 and he's been a solid figure. I always wanted a second one to display in alt mode, so I just purchased a V2 from a member here for less than $90. Then only out of curiosity, I ordered the new silver legs.version for $112.

So for less than $300, I can display OP in bot AND alt mode, plus I have a silver leg version, (which you can't get in official) to go on the shelf with MP-1, MP-10, and MS-01X, all of which ironically have silver or grey legs.

If you can find the official for $300 or less, let me know and I'll buy it right now. Because the cheapest I've found was $375 - $400, and those were either broken or worn. They generally sell for $500-$600.

By the way, my KO MP-47 Hound is solid AF. Glad I got him instead of the brittle official.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Cicadacon

Cicadacon Banned

p much the best G1 optimus

5. Chirulazo

Chirulazo Well-Known Member

I usually buy official and then some KO to play with or to keep in alt mode. The only case I have not done that is with MP44, the price point it came out is way too much for what it is specially with all the QC issues, my objection is mostly based on principle. It seems other 3rd parties are in the same route at least price wise. I am glad I already have most of the characters I like.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Powerbomb

Powerbomb Primitive old man.

You can have mine (2) , for shipping, if you want.

PM me.

7. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This KO is definitely not what I would call a solid figure mate...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Powerbomb

I can attest to that.

It's a gamble that you're definitely going to lose...eventually.

• Like Like x 1
  9. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  10. MrOrange645

Ebay:
    I know that's how you feel. And I know why you feel that way. You and I have just had two very different experiences with it. Like I said, I may have got lucky with mine.

I think what you fail to realize is that your experience doesn't invalidate mine, just as mine doesn't invalidate yours. I've said before I may have just got lucky, and in my experience MY copy has been solid. For some reason, you always seem to get defensive about it. This isn't the first time you've told me I'm wrong about my figure.

So again in MY EXPERIENCE with MY FIGURE it's been a good experience and worth the money and the risk. I realize that I can't change your mind about my figure, but it is what it is.

• Like Like x 6
  11. MrOrange645

Ebay:
    OK.

12. Powerbomb

I had one break that I could fix, another that I couldn't.

I can't speak for God Orion, but I am trying to warn you. I don't want you to get disappointed when your Prime(s) break(s).

13. MrOrange645

Ebay:
    I understand. I've been following thus thread since the beginning. I was literally one of thr very first to pre-order it.

I appreciate the warnings, but I'm fully aware of all the issues that have been reported.

My issue is, as much as I appreciate God Orion and use his PDF, he starts to talk down to anyone who has a good experience with this figure, and tells them they must be wrong.

For example, a few months ago, I posted how much I liked my KO, and I felt it was worth it since it had many of the same issues the official did. I only knew about some of the issues, because God Orion posted about the problem he had with his official. As soon as I mentioned them, though he jumped in to tell me I was wrong and how he didn't have ANY of those issues with his official figure. He only back tracked when I pointed out I was directly quoting his reply about them. By three way, the only reason he bought the KO was because his official was so delicate he was scared to play with it. Then when he got mad at the KO, his official was suddenly very solid.

So again, I may be lucky. When I get the next two in, they may be steaming piles of shit. Or they may be decent figures too. Who knows? I just take issue with someone telling me my experiences are wrong, based on their own. We all get it. God Orion is 100% disappointed in this figure and he wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I'm fine with that and I understand why. He just gets defensive when anyone posts a GOOD experience with it and tells them they must be wrong. It gets old when only his opinion matters. Honestly I think we should just delete everyone's posts except his. Well...we should also delete his post about all the issues with the official, since those apparently never were an issue, even though he said they were and others mentioned them too.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Radioguy

Radioguy Hair's always frizzy

I think we can all agree to be angry at TT for not giving us a reissue already, right? Riiiight?

15. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Same here,
    I had the second batch whitepantsPrime and nothing tabbed in properly, i had to cut away peices to create better fits and so on.

Silver pants though, everything tabs in properly! I didnt have to adjust anything.

Im very happy with him. As a bonus, the silver just also enriches him asif it was meant to be like this!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm angry they haven't done a toy deco like they did with MP36. Would love to see him with the chromed thighs, a toy accurate headsculpt, and arm/leg details.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MrOrange645

Ebay:
    I honestly have never been a fan of silver legs OP figures. I know all the arguments for Prime having silver or chrome legs. As white in thr cartoon likely represented chrome...but I just always see white.

That being said, I am super excited to get my silver legs version. It's grown on me. And like I said. With MP-01, MP-10, and MS-01X all having grey or silver legs, he will fit right in.

I think silver legs was their attempt at a toy accurate deco, without going full chrome. But silver legs and yellow arrows on thr forearms. I'd say grab thr more round S1 head and paint the eyes yellow and add some reprolabels, and it's pretty much toy deco.

• Like Like x 1
  18. God Orion

Ebay:
    This is exactly it.
    It's always difficult to make yourself clear by writing especially when it's not your mother language. I have never been defensive or anything like you seem to say and I am really sorry if this is how you understood any of my words.
    All I ever meant is that the plastic on this is way too weak and on every version of this figure. MP-44's design requires very good plastic for it to be perfectly functional and over a long time. The hip design being made of die cast and plastic interface was a very bad decision and makes the V1 necessarily condemned at this articulation. Yours holds up well for now but if it had regular "toy" use over some time, it would break and the hip ratchet joints will become a friction joint.
    My point of view on this figure is not that it is trash as you said. It is trash IF you want to play with it over some time. For anyone who just wants to own the mold or an articulated statue of G1 OP then this is perfect.
    To be clear about my official as you seem once again to misunderstand what I said, I didn't want to play with it because the price made me scared to break anything on it. Getting the KO and being so disappointed about it made me want to play with the official again without worrying about its price. I then discovered that once all the preventive fixes were done on it, it was a perfectly playable figure. It's just sad that you have to pay so much but that's because of all the accessories.
    I really hope this makes everything crystal clear and that it will change your point of view about me.
    I can't wait for it to be reissued and I have been waiting a long time for this to happen.

• Like Like x 2
  19. MrOrange645

Ebay:
    OK
    Screenshot_20210603-054701_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. God Orion

Ebay:
    I said it's trash for what I wanted to do with it. Transforming it, posing it or playing with it that is.
    Not sure what I should understand from your post.

• Like Like x 1