MP-44 KO

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by octobotimus, Mar 2, 2020.

1. KYRUMO

KYRUMO Active Member

Twitter:
    Did he come with the Autobot logo?

2. GX9901DoubleX

GX9901DoubleX Just a passing through rider...

No, I applied a Toy-Hax toon outline symbol.

3. Dead End14

Dead End14 Well-Known Member

Why are you guys having these discussions in the middle of night?

Well first off @GrimlockPrime19 I think you are in the wrong thread. If people would know why MP-44 is priced at 450 dollars they wouldn't be bothering with a KO.

Secondly: 'Everything is worth what it's purchaser is willing to pay' - Leonard Nimoy.

Thirdly: This is the best transforming toy version of G1 Cartoon Prime there has ever been made. The hero we watched every saturday morning.

Fourthly: More details does not equal a better look.

• Like Like x 4
  4. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    One question: why do you come here and ask why that figure costs so much like you had to start the non ending debate around that question? Mp-44 is the third version of MP Optimus Prime, there is a lot of engineering involved, loads of paint, loads of accessories, a trailer, and loads of pose-ability. It certainly is a big price but I don't see the point of coming here and asking this question when there has been so much talk and hate about this very topic. Just let people do what they want with their money and you can still get the mold for a lot less by getting this KO. But to be fair, you don't get the quality of the official. You get many issues and you can't play with the figure which is a shame as this should be a toy in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I always have the high ground

News Credits:
    So, the thing is: I'm new here. I didn't know anything about it

Thank you bro

• Like Like x 2
  6. MacrossA

MacrossA Well-Known Member

I picked up the silver legs version and am getting the regular ko (2nd version) to swap out the chrome pieces. And what after a few paint apps, I'll have a near ideal optimus prime. I have the original official, but hated the white legs... And gray face (I prefer it silver) then I'll probably sell off the remainder figure (white legs with silver, not chrome highlights)

I'm thinking painting the silver parts white to make him seem more animation accurate, which I don't personally find that appealing.

Anyone else done this?

7. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but you dont like the white and prefer the silver but you are thinking of painting the silver to white because its animation correct?

Well I'm one that doesn't see the animation as white rather their way to portray chrome or silver for that matter so imo to me animation correct is chrome or silver, not white. If you look at pics of Prime like the one I posted a page back, the color and shading they used on his "so called white legs" is the same on his pipes, tanks, and grill so all that should be white too then. He looks good either way but it's hard to say that animation correct is with white legs and waist but with chrome parts when all that stuff is the same color. I want my KO to have all chrome when I get it and figure out the best chrome application, will leave my TE-01 with white legs and MS-01 with silver.

• Like Like x 2
  8. MacrossA

You quoted me correctly, but I think you didn't get what I said. The regular ko has chrome parts (smokestacks, gas tracks, abdominal grill, truck bumper, grill, etc...) the silver legs version has no chrome.

I wanted to put them together so I can have silver legs (and face, after I paint it) with chrome highlights.

On the other figure that I won't keep, yes, I was thinking of painting the silver bits white and maybe gray... Because I intend to sell it and I know how many folks like that cartoon look, which I personally am not drawn too, but I get that others do.

After all that I need to find or figure out a fix for the gaps in the inside knee area as they don't seem to tab in tight enough.

9. MacrossA

@MV Steve just saw your post... Same idea.

I personally never understood the appeal of using whites, grays, blues, and pastel colors for metallics and calling that animation accurate, but that's popular for some reason. I figured it'd score me a faster sale if i painted those parts to appease those fans

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  10. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I get what you mean now. Not sure what would get you a faster sale, it seems to be hit or miss. I'd put it for sale as is to save you from doing extra work and put in the description if it makes the diff you can paint the parts.

11. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ah, this explains that.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Live long and profit

• Like Like x 1
  13. KYRUMO

KYRUMO Active Member

Twitter:
    I get my silver legs tomorrow and I'm wondering where do I get the Autobot logo piece for his shoulder.

Thanks in advance

14. Blingotron

Blingotron Too Poor For Floor Polish

If it's like the v1 you should get one in the box with your figure. My v1 had the logo piece outside the main box, though. So check everywhere because it's easy to miss.

• Like Like x 1
  15. KYRUMO

KYRUMO Active Member

Twitter:
    Hopefully it comes with it but I doubt it as multiple people who got V3 state that it isn’t included.

16. Blingotron

My guess is they might have missed them in the box. It's a small piece that likes to travel into small places. When the v1 came out a number of people also didn't think it came with one but later found it. So make sure you check everywhere in the shipment when it comes.

BTW, I checked over on ShowZ in the silver leg comment section to see if this was brought up and someone confirmed that the shoulder logo did come with it. So I'd be very surprised if it wasn't there.

17. Argus

Argus Universal Dominator

Another silver leg no logo person here. Did anyone find it and where in blazes was it hiding?

18. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Here you go, TF Direct has them for separate purchase in either style

LOGO FOR NB MP44

I've seen some say they got it with V3 and some not. Mine should show up in the next couple days so we'll see if I'm making a purchase at TFD or not.

• Like Like x 2
  19. GrimlockPrime19

GrimlockPrime19 I always have the high ground

News Credits:
    Guys, 2 questions:
    1: why tf does MP44 have a Starscream head?

2: Transformers KOs are usually way better than the Hasbro originals, at least it ALWAYS happens with the movie MP figures. Is it the case with MP44?

20. Blingotron

Starscream disguised himself as Prime during the episode Megatron's Master Plan. It's a multi-part episode.
    Starscream Optimus.jpg

• Like Like x 4