MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, May 9, 2018.

1. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    UPDATE: In case there’s anyone other than me who actually bought this-

‘Sorry we found a quality issue with this set before we ship them out. We just get the batch totally replaced. Shipment would be done this week and you will receive the shipping confirmation by email.

TFSAFARI’

Maybe this new batch won’t look so terrible...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X It's a hobby. Remember to have some perspective.

News Credits:
    Okay, forgive me if this has been asked before, but it's been long enough and I finally have the cash to be able to get this big boy and I don't know how to successfully search for this through 481 pages, BUT---

Has the issue been fixed with the hip joints splitting the waist apart (WITHOUT the upgrade kit)? That's what's been keeping me away from this toy.

3. Trip

Trip Prudentia Fortitudo Temperantia Iustitia

That is weak as shit. Sorry bro.

4. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

There really wasn't much of an issue. It happened to a handful of figures. It wasn't very widespread, but initially it was thought to be worse than it was because most figures have swirly plastic and a line in it that looks like it could be a crack, so it was feared it would happen to a lot more. However, that was actually just how the plastic looks and is completely unrelated to the breaking waists. It was either broken from the start (which was very few) or it was fine.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Freakencreeper1

Freakencreeper1 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the Black Arachniea upgrade kit for megatron? Im wanting to get one

6. Freakencreeper1

Freakencreeper1 Well-Known Member

This one

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 Well-Known Member

I don't know what that is, but I'm intrigued.
    Do you have ANY more info?

8. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tfsafari has them. They're $50.

9. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    TfSafari ain’t got jack and even when they claimed the set arrived they just returned it to the supplier and lied about sending a fixed version out the following week.
    I’d be very interested to know if a single person on the planet has got ahold of this set.

10. TheEldrazi

TheEldrazi Well-Known Member

Not sure about for others, but mine cracked just sitting still on the shelf over a couple months. I put a thin amount of superglue in the crack with a toothpick and held it together and it's been totally fine since and no new damage at all.

11. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    I think this is the first reported instance (at least on this site) of it actually cracking over a period of time? I could be mistaken, and I don't want to peddle misinformation about this toy, but I think every other reported break/crack happened either immediately or while it was still packaged.

12. TheEldrazi

TheEldrazi Well-Known Member

There were a couple others on facebook i think it was. Its also possible it had a very small crack upon opening and just slowly split from tension in the ratchet over time. The fanstoys omega supreme has hip joints that break from just sitting on a shelf so I'm not really surprised it could happen here too. It's unfortunate but mine has no problems now and it cant even be seen after my fix.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    I'd recommend taking the waist apart and making sure the screws on the tops of the hip joint pegs are screwed in all the way. The two posts that the legs swivel on pushing against each other is I believe the real culprit for split pelvises, not the ratchet joints themselves.

14. msol

msol Well-Known Member

Hey can anyone tell me this guy's height in bot mode? I read 25cm somewhere but I'd like to confirm.

15. paparazz0

paparazz0 Well-Known Member

16. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    loose joints can always be fixed but it's not even THAT loose like some make out to be
    The hip problem is just pure look , the pattern is metallic swirl which appears in literally every metallic inject plastic from Gunpla model.
    If the hip break , it's either out of box already or not. But the most recent one doesnt hap hip problem
    But with your mindset , you better get that KO that you don't mind wrestle with it
    Mine has never have the problem you listed and I sold it purely because Kingdom figures are out and I can save much more money for future plans

• Like Like x 3
  17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Honestly it wouldn’t hurt to wait. Probably will get a rerelease eventually.

However if you get it now, try to buy it from a place that can give you a refund or exchange. There’s no way of knowing if it’s broken unless you take it out of the box. With the hip breakage, usually it’s immediately apparent as most of it was caused by misassembled joints.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Toydojo lacks customer support ? First I’m hearing of that ..

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Well for starters, the "hip issue" is hardly an issue. It only really plagued the earliest pre-release copies, and while some people did report broken hips, it wasn't widespread at all. Like Phamduc said, if it's gonna break it will come broken. The issue is caused by improper assembly, which is why it was almost entirely found on the early copies and far less on the retail copies. In fact I can only really recall one case of breakage on a non-early copy.

The loose joints is also a bit of a myth. The waist does not ratchet, it's a regular swivel. A plenty tight swivel, but it's easy to spin the toy due to the weight up above. It can hold a pose just fine, but when almost all other joints are ratcheted it stands out as an odd decision.

Both "issues" were blown way out of proportion due to early reviews. A case of "first impressions are everything" and it snowballed from there.

• Like Like x 8
  20. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Agreed with all of the above. I’ve had no issues with mine.

• Like Like x 2