MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, May 9, 2018.

1. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Maybe the arm have to be disassembled... It certainly won't be as easy as with G1 Megatron!

2. Nate98

Nate98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was hoping to buy MP 43 and 44 to go along with my MP 32 and 36. Ah cool, Dinobot and Megs together must be a cool display. Yeah, the breakages do seem slim but it's still kinda scary that theres a chance it could happen though. Im located in Ireland, so logically I was thinking of getting him from kapow but if you have any other suggestions or ideas then Im all ears. :) 

Yeah, he's an amazing figure and so screen accurate but the price is what makes it difficult for me, I love the character, design and fig but Im unsure if I want to put down nearly 300 on him. Yeah, he looks to be one of the best MP's made, the accuracy and details are exquisite and a good piece for mp32. Sadly that seems to be the case, the Masterpiece line still makes great figs that are becoming more and more accurate and well engineered but the prices are becoming hard to stomach, I hope they stop rising soon or at least become more reasonable.

Thanks, man, I'll look through the thread for more reviews and thoughts on him before deciding. I'll actually take your word and check your review :D 

• Like Like x 1
  3. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Uhh. No.

4. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    If you can wait, there will no doubt be a reissue of MP-41 in the next year or two.

As for MP-43, the issue now is you've missed the cheaper pre-order prices. For what it's worth, for future reference (I'm from Ireland too), there's two Japanese websites which you can pre-order from, whose packages generally escape customs fees because they declare a lower value than they should.

Anime-Export web store
    You are being redirected...

Neither are the 'best' online store, but I've been using Anime Export for years with no issues, and occasionally Nippon Yasan with minimal issues. I've got a pre-order for MP-44 with Nippon Yasan and the total price is €302.28 (that's including the slowest possible shipping option).

The good thing about Nippon Yasan is you can often choose to pay only when the item comes into stock, while Anime Export requires immediate payment (you just pay shipping when the product is actually released).

[Unfortunately right now Nippon Yasan has MP-44 available for pre-order, but only with a 'pay now' option. I have one on pre-order from them that I'll only have to pay for in August]

Anyway, back to the main topic, your best bet for MP-43 probably is either Kapow Toys or Omegalock (I haven't used the latter, but I've heard good things, and they're cheaper)

Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron
    Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron - Kapow Toys

You'll have to wait until June for Omegalock's MP-43 restock, though. But it is £30 cheaper (not sure about shipping differences though).

• Like Like x 4
  5. Render

Render I’m all kinds of nerd.

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Anyone else have patchy, touched-up, pedicured dino toes? Been meaning to bring this up lol.

BF9E33CB-CBF7-4EDF-B5A2-28B1980C7864.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  6. transgeek2345

transgeek2345 Well-Known Member

So I bought two MP Megs after deciding to treat myself. And unfortunately, I’ve never felt so much fear and worry like I’ve had before transforming this hand grenade.

Just the sheer stress marks and fiddlyness of the figure makes me absolutely terrified, and even though I don’t see any cracks on the crutch area, I can already see where they will begin to crack. That to me is inexcusable for the price I paid.

I absolutely love MP-32 Primal, it holds up so well for its size. But I can’t say the same for Beast Wars Megatron, and it sucks since he looks so damn cool. I’m gonna have to let him go as I don’t think I can bear to have him break on my watch.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a head's up here, but nobody's Megatron has cracked at those points through wear and tear. I've transformed mine, like, 50 times now and he's super solid and sturdy. You're letting the paranoia get to you. He's every bit as sturdy as Primal was.

• Like Like x 8
  8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If it hasn't cracked yet, it won't. The plastic isn't just cracking under normal pressure, the hips aren't assembled properly inside some copies and it puts the pelvis under pressure internally, and if that happens you'll know right away.

• Like Like x 3
  9. transgeek2345

transgeek2345 Well-Known Member

I’m hoping that’s the case. I can already see asymmetrical lining run across the pelvis, and the stress marks on various panels hurt to look at. It’s a gorgeous figure, it just puts me under a lot of stress when handling it.

10. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Same here.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Every Megatron will have that, it’s just swirls in the metallic plastic, it’s harmless.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    The 'swirly" pattern in the crotch plastic and breakage reasons have been covered well above by the likes of @mx-01 archon and @SPLIT LIP. As for stress makes on the tabs if you have then already that is a shame but there are ways to avoid creating them or making them worse. For example try applying pressure to the T-rex mode's spine to seperate the 'wing' halves rather than forcing them apart laterally. I'm afraid he does require more care and attention than most but that is becoming more and more common place in the MP line, like with all the other developments in the line of late we just have to adapt, embrace it or stop buying them. I'm choosing to do all three on a case by case basis ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  13. Samus Aran

Samus Aran Active Member

I felt that way too when I had mine. He got some white stress marks around the tabs on his paper-thin dino skin and my blood pressure went up. After selling him off, I got myself the 10th anniversary version (retool of the original Ultra) and he's a lot more fun and less anxiety-inducing to transform, at the obvious expense of not being as breathtaking as a collectible. Still, that head sculpt is perfect - he has a subtle little evil smirk that I'm surprised didn't come as a faceplate for the MP. He's leagues above the original toy with its huge swathes of unpainted show-inaccurate plastic.

megatron face.jpg
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there are display stands that work for him, other than the Dinobot's one?

15. LipSmack

LipSmack Well-Known Member

Finally moved into my house and opened up all three to finally play and pose them all how I originally intended, all three have amazing hips, no damage, screws on the latest two were tight and the hip sockets were seated right so I'm extremely happy. I'll get some pics once my shelves are all done but I'm head over heels for this guy, one of my favorite toys over all

• Like Like x 5
  16. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Three?! Why that much?

Alt-mode, bot mode and one for playing?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Render

Render I’m all kinds of nerd.

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I was barely able to afford ONE, let alone three!!!

• Like Like x 3
  18. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The real question is why not FOUR?
    1. Alt-mode display
    2. Bot-mode display
    3. One for play
    4. One to keep MISB

• Like Like x 4
  19. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Do you have a human figure you could do the Jurassic world Raptor pose with?! :) 

20. LipSmack

LipSmack Well-Known Member

Beast mode, Bot, and then was going to do a stripped down Bot, but opted for a battle pose instead, if they reissue I'd grab two more for the stripped down and a MISB one

• Like Like x 1