MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, May 9, 2018.

1. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE Well-Known Member

20190507_220148.jpg
    Still lovin' the crap outa this figure.
    20190507_221847.jpg

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 21
  2. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Moderator

Update #2 on my Amazon.co.jp returns process:
    (Click the spoiler tag below for the previous update & context: )

DHL delivered my return to Amazon Japan on May 7th. Amazon almost immediately credited my account with the full value of the toy (¥24,706). Since I'd paid in advance with a gift card, this balance was returned to the gift card.

It took them another day to refund the shipping I'd paid. As of today they've credited the total shipping to my Amazon gift card balance as well. . This has left me feeling a bit miffed.

I misread Amazon's initial reply--I thought the representative I'd e-mailed indicated that Amazon would reimburse me for the shipping I'd paid up front--this was not the case. The exact sentence in the reply I received reads, "Please rest assured that we will refund the return shipping fee if the item has been damaged. We would like you to pay for it in advance and please reply to this e-mail with receipt of return shipping fee." I missed the now obvious *you* and read, "We would like to pay for it in advance..." which was incorrect. However, when I sent the receipt for shipping, a new Amazon representative informed me that the company was unwilling to refund the TOTAL return shipping I paid in cash, offering to return the rest in credit.
    "Once we receive the item, we will start your refund process. We would like you to note that if returning fee is over 12,000 yen, the rest of amount will be refunded by Amazon Gift card and then will be registered to your account directly (Your refund will be issued by Credit card for 12,000 yen, and by Amazon gift card for the rest of 13,600 yen). We are sorry for the inconvenience."

As of now the refund for my return shipping costs has been fully refunded to my Amazon gift card, albeit in two payments: (1) ¥13,600 is the amount the representative indicated I'd receive.
    (2) ¥12,000 is the amount I'd expected to be refunded to my credit card. However, this credit was labelled 'goodwill', and has a separate claim code--so maybe this is genuinely an extra refund??? Time will tell.

In summary: The representatives I've dealt with were efficient and generous in their replies. I understand the original purchase being refunded as credit, but am unhappy that the additional shipping charges I paid are now wrapped up in Amazon credit as well. If I do repurchase MP-43 (and I likely will, I love the toy overall) it will be from a domestic seller. I will use my Amazon balance to pay down my purchase of the upcoming MP-44 Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

When I had to return a defective Figuarts figure, part of the refund went back to my credit card, and part of it went to an Amazon gift card (Amazon credit, basically). I didn't mind, though. I mean, the return shipping cost, which Amazon reimbursed me for, was over three times the cost of the figure itself. Plus, I think AJ reimbursed me slightly more money than I was actually owed.

AJ is often selling things cheaper than most domestic or international retailers and shipping them to you faster than just about anyone else. But every time they have to take back a return, they're losing a lot of money, both on the product and the return shipping charges.

Given how much money they lose on returns, I think it's a fair compromise to get part of the refund in credit. These days, most of my preorders are at Amazon, well ahead of BBTS (1 preorder) and HLJ (a couple Gundam Damashiis). The customer service is impeccable, and hassle-free returns are quite hassle-free. Prices are amazing. To me, it's all good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Render

Render I’m all kinds of nerd.

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    A4FC9F45-4B48-4502-9CB5-02895B0D5C77.jpeg

8E811E4E-E3BC-4AD2-994E-706A211BC2F2.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  5. levandowski

levandowski Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    How did you remove the coin from the slot? I have one and can't figure out how to take the coin out without damaging the card.

6. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Just got to be careful. I don’t have any secrets or tricks. I just use a blade and work the card stock open. So far I’ve never damaged a card. Lucky I guess.

7. Render

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hey guys, be careful when closing the back panels because there’s a good chance it’ll scrape paint off one of Meg’s collar “teeth”. :eek: 

Anybody else have these scrapes?

1813CC2A-38E4-4295-9B97-C2EDE4532746.jpeg

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  8. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

I am blind or what? I don't see any scratch.

By the way... Jobby the Hong is making a review of MP-43 with the participation of VERY special guest, yeeeeesss!

• Like Like x 2
  9. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    5th tooth on the right

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't you just mean the rightmost tooth?

11. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, actually it's the sixth tooth, but since he couldn't see it telling him a tooth to look at instead seemed a better idea.

12. Render

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I LOVE Jobby’s reviews. I’m sad the jazzy transformation music has been absent from his recent videos though. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  13. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Rogerimus

Rogerimus Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I just noticed the same on mine, hard to avoid unfortunately. It's only noticeable on the rear view though

• Like Like x 1
  15. Render

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, good thing it’s BEHIND. Just knowing it’s there still bothers me a little though lol! Thanks for letting me know—I thought maybe I was just unknowingly rough with that area.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    Thanks for the heads up. Seems like there are a few areas of Megatron I might need to clear coat much like I did with Dinobot.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Atomsk

Atomsk Well-Known Member

Anyone having extreme difficulty swapping faces? Putting a huge amount of pressure and the faces still arent sliding on.

18. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Moderator

Here is some info Shin Densetsu posted in the review thread on that topic:

I seem to remember somebody else trimmed the excess paint off with a razor? I'll try to find the post, I believe there were photos... EDIT: aha!

Last edited: May 13, 2019 at 12:21 AM
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

Ebay:
    Good work @Goldimus Prime...although my quote seems to be more about extending the boy section than the faces. If you are having trouble putting the faces on you can 'cheat' it by removing the inner face plates from the helmet sections and sliding those in place first before sliding the helmet sections over the top. That's what I did on a couple of the faces the first time. Once you've swapped them back and forth a few times it soon loosens up enough to do it the regular way.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Atomsk

Atomsk Well-Known Member

Thanks really helpful! Ill lookout for excess paint.