MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, May 9, 2018.

1. Dinotrap

Dinotrap BEAST WARS FOREVER!

News Credits:
    Man when I get home from work I’ll sit down and have a nice long glance at my mp shelf. Speaking of which I moved my MP’s and rearranged them on a bigger shelf last night so megs can fit in either mode, it looks so cool to have what we have now and like what you said it’s hard to believe we have a show accurate dinobot or any show accurate version of the bw characters. It’s insane to me and man such a good feeling, so I’m right there with you @GALVATOM let’s keep them coming because now that we know blackarachnia is coming it’s time to start speculating who’ll be next :D 

Looking at you Scorponok ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  2. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    Tigatron
    :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I hope for someone else. Like inferno or Waspinator.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 9999eachhit

9999eachhit Well-Known Member

20190402_174635.jpg

20190402_191726.jpg

They look so good together! Right in the childhood!

• Like Like x 50
  5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6
  6. 9999eachhit

one day my friend. one day.

7. PrimalPrime007

PrimalPrime007 Well-Known Member

The swirly plastic in the crotch area is a bit of a concern. I'm no engineer so please correct me if wrong, but my understanding is that: it is generally lower quality/brittle plastic that's prone to swirling . If so then it's baffling that TT would use such plastic on stress prone area . My MP-32 Primal has zero sign of swirly plastic (unless the paints covered them up?) and the figure feels very rugged

8. geekatron prime

geekatron prime Master of the Kerfuffle

• Like Like x 1
  9. ThisIsBadComedy

ThisIsBadComedy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Did any one else get a copy with bad black paint? I got paint chips on the black paint on the back of his legs and on his crotch. Also the sprues (at least that’s what I hope they are...) on his shoulder pads are so bad that the green paint there didn’t take and now there’s just 4 super obvious paint chips on the green paint on both shoulders.

This wouldn’t be a big deal if this was XTB or MMC because they take care of you after the sale. But Takara does nothing like that and the only option is an exchange. Which I very very much believe everyone should do if they find their copy unacceptable. Forget the ppl who say you should put up with bad QC because “nothing’s perfect.” While true, HasTak is now charging Hot Toys prices so we should now fully expect (or even demand) Hot Toys level QC and after sale support. Better QC and after sale support costs money and they don’t want to do it unless they absolutely have to. And they’ll never have to if we all just roll over and accept terrible QC. But on the other hand, if we ignore the haters who seem to be okay with paying premium prices for below average work and use the only avenue that HasTak has given us to address the bad QC (i.e. exchanging your bad copy) then after it starts to cost them money they’ll finally pay attention to their QC. And that’s really the ONLY way they’re ever going to improve it. In fact, I’d even go as far as to say that if they see that their target audience is not only happily shelling out $500 for a figure with bad QC but they’re also actually defending the bad QC and not exchanging the items they’ll cut even more corners to increase profits even more. That’s how big business works. Money talks, so scream at them if you got a bad copy by exchanging it.

I’ll get off my soapbox now because that turned into a rant from just a simple, genuine question lol.

• Like Like x 2
  10. 9999eachhit

20190403_101439.jpg

The image you didn't know you wanted to see...

• Like Like x 16
  11. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
  12. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    He actually is being sold domestically through Diamond. But it's the same release with no changes to the toy.

13. Optimus Prime15

Optimus Prime15 Well-Known Member

Might have been covered already...anyone have any tips from getting his chest to tab together. Thanks in advance

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Make sure the folding panel that goes inside the chest is properly folded in half. It’s a double hinge and needs to be folded at both joints, and if it sticks out too far it stops the chest from closing.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Optimus Prime15

Optimus Prime15 Well-Known Member

Thanks finally got it!

16. ThisIsBadComedy

ThisIsBadComedy Well-Known Member

Ebay:

If you just use common sense you shouldn’t have any issues. Also a few transformation videos I’ve seen so far from unknowns are not good either and will cause damage. Pretty sure the one I watched before I transformed him the first time actually broke a tab in the vid and they didn’t know lol. Just follow the instructions and pay attention to what tabs are hooks and where they are and you’ll be fine. The issues I’ve seen popping up as far as breakage goes seems like they’re more user error than QC. Like it should be common sense not to grab the arms and legs to pull apart the very tight waist on that step, but apparently it’s not. We already know swirly plastic is weak, so it should be common sense not to put an immense amount of pressure on it, but again it’s not lol. And there’s no reason to have to put any pressure whatsoever on the weak swirly plastic crotch or on that massive backpack. You’ll naturally want to in a few steps though, but if you just keep in mind that you shouldn’t it’s fine. I found that holding him at the rib cage on those steps worked well. And just be careful with the backpack panels or just take them off while you transform. NBD.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Only 5 more years. They need to start releasing these faster.

• Like Like x 3
  18. mjaSoundwave

mjaSoundwave Well-Known Member

I am sooooooo glad I have been viewing these forums since Megatron became available for those in hand pictures. At the time I did not pre-order through Amazon Japan, I couldn't do a pre-order, and so I just assumed the cost would be the same as it was on BBTS. I am so glad that on 3/31 I went to Amazon.co.jp and low and behold he was available to order. I did have a weird thing though. When Megatron was placed in my shopping cart it was listed as sold by Amazon.co.jp, but when the order was finished it listed another vendor eおもちゃやさん as the seller, but it would be shipped and fulfilled via Amazon. So...with all this I was able to get him for $251.00 shipped saved $94.00 from BBTS price.

I have been noticing though as the ones from sold by Amazon.co.jp would be available one instance and sell out the next. I am very glad that when I did my order for whatever reason it went to the other vendor, still fulfilled by Amazon. I got my ship notification last night so I should get him either tomorrow the 4th or the 5th.

Hope this information helps out, as I thought it was odd how the order went through. And at one point I almost cancelled the order since it wasn't "fulfilled" by Amazon.co.jp, but I am glad I stuck with my original order as I got to witness the whole selling out and restocking on Amazon.co.jp site.

Thank you all again for the head's up! I am very greatful to the members of this community as I cannot wait to get Megatron.....yessssssssss

P.S. Any word on the possibility of a third party releasing a sound mod for David Kaye's Megatron. The Japanese voice doesn't do it for me.

19. 9999eachhit

Man, that sliding waist joint everyone is complaining about is so tight! It legitimately takes quite a bit of force to pull it open. I hold it in such a way such that my fingers are pulling on sections very close to the hip to minimize pulling on something incorrectly but man it makes me so damn nervous every time. the way it POPS out is terrifying. Ive read about how others were doing it and it doesn't really make a difference. My only fear is that when it pops out, because im already exerting so much force, that one day its just going to split in two. Does anyone know the exact points of contact where it is getting caught? Ive seen the two nubs that are on the sliding joint where the abs would be. I am wondering if i should shave those down with an xacto knife just to make that tolerance easier. but I dont want to do that if its something else that is being caught. hmmmmm

20. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty sure it's just those. The should wear a bit over time.