MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, May 9, 2018.

1. aww_jazz

aww_jazz Well-Known Member

IMG_7701.JPG IMG_7702.JPG IMG_7703.JPG IMG_7704.JPG
    This thing pops so much it's not even fair. Metallic paint goodness all over.

• Like Like x 13
  2. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
  3. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So on the Amazon Japan delays...
    A few friends got the delay message. One got it after his card was declined the first time. The other got it even though his went through.
    Myself, and two other friends are still on the "shipping now" status.
    I wonder if they didn't get enough initially and are fulfilling all domestic orders first.
    As I ordered 3, one friend ordered 2, and another ordered one. I don't think quantity is an issue either.

4. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Deathsaurus1

Deathsaurus1 Well-Known Member

My payment isnt going through for amazon japan.
    My paypal mastercard wont work :/.
    So i might have to wait a while longer to have him

Anyone with experience if you can please chime in and tell me how you purchase off amazon japan.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  6. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    BSF did his first mp36 transformation in front of camera. No stress mark and no obvious paint chip

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. Better modern toy engineering and articulation aside, I do miss the fact that you had to work hard (gold plastic syndrome, brittle clear plastic, and random QC issues aside) to break the old G1 and G2 toys. Heck, even a number of the pre-Transmetal Beast Wars toys. We were able to quickly transform them, they could handle some rough play from those that did so, etc. Some people fail to keep in mind that a Masterpiece figure (not even the cassettes) can be handled or quickly transformed in the same manner. It's one thing to want to try to figure out the transformation without the instructions or following a video, but the current toys have nowhere near the same tolerances and margins for error. So, as a number of you have said, people need to not worry about the sky falling immediately after seeing any postings or mentions of breakage. Yes, it's more painful the more expensive or harder to obtain the item is, but sometimes it really is the user's own fault. Not always from rough or quick use, but one wrong turn or twist can be enough in some cases. That being said, I'm looking confidently forward to receiving my Beast Megatron next week. If it takes patience to transform, so be it. If i find a tighter than normal section, I won't try to force it.

Not everyone who collects Transformers is on these or other forums, but it's a good bet that those in the fandom who know about the Masterpiece line are more discriminating or diehard fans than the average adult shopper walking a store aisle trying to find toys for their kid. Those are made to be more durable because they have to be. At least we have the tools and fandom to get as much knowledge about what potential issues to look out for as we can.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So I had this issue back when MP Dinobot went up .
    But needless to say, the PayPal MasterCard fell flat during the 1¢ charge. So, I switched to my bank card. They wanted all kinds of crazy stuff to reinstate my account too. Like bills paid with that card (and I don't pay bills with it lol) so I had to make a new account, too .

9. Deathsaurus1

Deathsaurus1 Well-Known Member

What do you recommend for me to purchase him? I have read people using gift cards on amazon japan?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Goldimus Prime

Goldimus Prime Veteran

That worked for me back when MP-36 was released. I had forgotten to let my bank know I was expecting a large foreign charge and they justifiably blocked it. I used a different account (informing the bank ahead of time) to buy an Amazon.jp gift card/balance and used that to pay down my purchase.

Look at Xaxis's reply to my inquiry for clarification on how to apply funds directly to the purchase. (I'll link it later but am on the go and can't be fussed to dig at the moment.)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chose EMS for mine from them. Looking forward to arrival next week!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Boi Toi Bot

Boi Toi Bot Well-Known Member

Looks better than I could have imagined, I can't even begin to imagine how he will look like in hand.
    Also congratulations on your shipment, mine went through too. I wonder why other people are having trouble with there's? Hopefully everyone's gets resolved in time.

• Like Like x 2
  13. 009*

009* That Guy... Somewhere

News Credits:
  14. aww_jazz

aww_jazz Well-Known Member

IMG_7707.JPG
    Back to Dino mode in 10mins or so.... not too tough, but key in aligning the panels.... these are good plastic, great tolerance when I tried to fit the panels I need to bend this flaps a bit.

• Like Like x 24
  15. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    I think we all had that moment when we first opened MP Dinobot's box and thought "S#!t, that's a big figure!". Well, that's about to be eclipsed.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Phamduc

Phamduc TransArtTT

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 8
  17. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    My dear God that’s incredible. Absolutely sensational.

• Like Like x 1
  18. lovethaxi

lovethaxi Member

Dang, AP charged my card then it said the card wasn’t approved. I just got the Optimus Primal reissue last month and had no problems with the exact same card. I put in my card info again, so hopefully this time it works. I really don’t want to pay the full retail price for this figure. Kind of worried about my Cheetor preorder now.

19. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

Gonna be super careful with transforming mine when it comes. Hopefully it won't have any issues. Would be pretty heartbreaking to break such a nice looking and expensive figure...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay: