MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, May 9, 2018.

1. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    One of them doesn't look like a piece of shit.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    Good observations, guys.
    Did anyone mention the Kre-O?

[​IMG]

I hear ya but please consider coming back after November. Things will get drastically better.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TaurusOxford

TaurusOxford Well-Known Member

One is a Transmetal - your point is moot by that fact alone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MarikZero

MarikZero Monika

Neither of them look like a piece of shit. They're very different in design and style, but they're both awesome.
    Personally I prefer MP-43, but I'm getting both nontheless. We, as BW fans, should be very happy that we're getting so much love lately.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    If you're in to knock offs, so be it, but keep it in the KO section.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm getting both as well but the prices on these things are getting crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Hi, I assume you’re in Canada? My Amazon price is still around 30,000 Yen with shipping/import fees. Base price is the same as you. 1200 shipping and 5100 import fees. Why would my fees cost more? And are you getting emails showing you price drops or are you checking the AJ site? Thanks!

8. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    179$ is pretty close to what I'm paying for Megatron, which means... you paid 300$ for Primal? Wow, you got ripped off.

What's up with the Dragon Zoid in the second picture though? Was there some sort of crossover I'm unaware of?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

3p TM2 Megatron

• Like Like x 1
  10. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I could’ve used blue text but I decided not to ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  11. Hexatron

Lol well we are in the official forums so I bet there are some people who would say what you did while also being 100% serious.

12. Hexatron

Jesus, did someone stir your cornflakes with their pecker or something?

• Like Like x 9
  13. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Fixed it for ya ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    I'm getting both because IMO they are both awesome representations of the character. After discounts and so on MP43 he's going to cost me £200 shipped. Mega Doragon is going to set me £145 shipped with no discounts at all (maybe cheaper as Kapow are still estimating between £129 and £139 before shipping). Now I'm not going to compare the two, they are vey different beasts but what they do have in common (if previous BWMPs and PE products are anything to go by) are they are top quality high end figures who will both be awesome in hand. I'm not very happy about MP43's price, I feel it's too high and maybe should be closer to that of Mega Doragon, but ive sucked it up and paid it...who knows maybe he'll wow me so much in hand I'll be able to get over it. If Mega Doragon is of the same outstanding quality and finish as PE's Beast Gorira I'd say he's priced just about right for what you get.

Amen to that brother.

Heh...yeah it's doing wonders for me too. Can't help clicking on that "Show ignored content" link though, just to see what lunacy is going on behind the curtain of reason, common-sense and curtesy.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  15. TaurusOxford

TaurusOxford Well-Known Member

I think that depends on how much you think Beast Wars Megatron is worth. Back when 35,000 yen+tax+customs was my expected paying price I was angry as hell. Now that i'm down to 31,000 yen total it's a price I can stomach much more easily.

16. marksmith85

marksmith85 Leader of Petro-rabbits

Originally I was out on this figure, however, having found what I consider is a fair price for him think I am in.

I do think the price is expensive however I do think price wise we have been lucky in the TF MP community compared to the price of some other figurine based hobbies.

Will be interested to see what the next G1 car price comes in at (Jazz, Trailbreaker etc). Will it reflect the new pricing trend or will it is just the case that MP BW figures cost more?

• Like Like x 1
  17. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    It's got to be a personal decision. What would that money otherwise be spent on (or what is the opportunity cost of this item) and how long would it take you to assemble the funds or What portion of your salary would go on this?
    I'm in a unique situation where if I need extra cash I can just go on call for a week and that will cover most purchases.

Lastly how important is this figure to you? To me my BW shelf would never be complete with out Megatron so when the question comes up, do I need this? The answer is

yes.gif

• Like Like x 3
  18. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean I definitely CAN stomach it. I just have other things I'd like to buy too, so I have to choose what I should prioritise.

Really good to know that 31000yen is what you paid since that is equivalent to 370SGD, i'm actually kinda relieved that other people are paying similar prices. In some weird way I feel less cheated now and more included in the thread haha :p 

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  19. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, it's between this or another high end toy(If I have to say, it's Hot Toys Arkham Knight just because I love that character and his design to death but I love BW megatron just as equally) so it's not like a "do I buy megatron or do I eat for the next 2 months?" kind of situation.

I'm still a student, and i'm doing part time work, so I have both my pay and savings that I have...well, saved... over a period of time. I have every single BW mp so far (dinobot on the way, didn't get the repaints cause they aren't for me) so megs will definitely "complete" my collection so far... until the next one arrives...

If I didn't "have" dinobot i'd probably not get megatron because my BW collection would not be "complete", but I do and that is why I really am having a hard time deciding.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Wow that Transmetal Megatron looks awesome. Is it pretty accurate to the show? If it is, it’ll be a good addition to my two Megatron figures I ordered