MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, May 9, 2018.

1. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even thats debatable as someone is always asking how to contact FT for a replacement part that broke. They mayf eel more solid or hefty but people having to replace broken parts aren't a great indicator of build quality. Phoenix is solid as a brick but I doubt he would survive the constant transformations I put my Takara bots through. FTs stuff really isnt designed to be constantly transformed, great for bigger bots but its part of the reason their smaller bots have been meh.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    That as maybe, I'm just speaking from personal experience. If I'm honest I'm not one for regular fiddling and transformation, especially on more figures that have (IMO) less than enjoyable transformation, something both FT snd TT have been guilty of lately. I tend to transform back and forth once or twice (once if it's a pain in the arse) and then keep them in Robot mode 90% of the time and just adjust their pose every now and them. I probably only transform each MP figure no more than two or three times a year, if that. I guess what I'm saying is, as with everything, there are positives and negatives to be found from different approaches.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, I understand, I think the biggest fans of FT are the people who take it out the box, maybe transform it once snd stick it on the shelf. I think part of the reason they use so much diecast and thick plastic is because they dont design them for long term "use". My phoenix basically sits in bot mode, I dislike the amount of force I have to use in places, at best Ill break a tab, at worst Ill be like the guy who broke the hinge on his legs trying to untab it.

• Like Like x 3
  4. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My tolerance for fiddly transformations has dropped substantially over the years. I'd peg MP Inferno and Primal as right in that sweet spot between character representation and engineering. Figures like MP Megatron look great, but wew I am not gonna transform that guy.

• Like Like x 7
  5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    The genius of the iPhone is its simplicity. It's actually hard to make simple products.

Simple does not mean easy or kiddie level, it means it's not more complicated than it has to be.

• Like Like x 3
  6. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Waiting for preorder on Anime-export.

The best way how to get something to Europe.

• Like Like x 3
  7. PrimalPrime007

PrimalPrime007 Well-Known Member

Since we're on the topic of diecast, heft, plastic quality etc.. I think unless we take those figures and analyze the materials in a lab, there's no way we can tell for 100 percent sure which company utilized better/more durable plastic.

What I can say is this:. My MP Inferno, Artfire, Grapple, Primal, MP-36 all feel very solid and rugged. Then again, I only go by "feel" since I don't know the chemical properties of TT's plastics vs FT and other 3rd parties.

I also fully agree with those who said we should never use "heft" (aka the use of die cast) as the sole indication of build quality. Excessive use if diecast can put stress on the joints and other plastic components over time for example. This is poor engineering.

I'm for die last but only if they're utilized wisely - adding heft WITHOUT putting any additional stress on the figure - and I have to say TT has been very good in this regard thus far (using diecast wisely).

8. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

$330 USD for this? Is that the most expensive MP to date? Is this going to be the new price for this size figure from Takara?

9. Sonic Eclipse

Sonic Eclipse Maximal

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    The main reason I want Transmetal MPs is mostly for the screen accuracy of the figures. Its true the Transmetal figures are pretty screen accurate, but there are still enough differences between the toy and mainframe models be it; face sculpt, size, Rattrap's backpack, etc. Theres also the added articulation you'll get with the MP vs the original.

I don't even care if a Transmetal MP transforms the same as the original. As it is MP Primal and Cheetor pretty much transform the same way as the originals, with only a few differences to help achieve the level of a screen accuracy that they have. Megatron looks to be taking the same ques. If nothing else MP figures with less complex transformations should help bring the price down, and thats fine with me. C'mon, an MP TM2 Dinobot would look so much better than the original TM2 toy.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Chopper Face

Chopper Face Emissary of The Vok

News Credits:
    I’d imagine the Transmetals simplicity would make TT erect at the thought of producing them!
    Large scale figures that require almost no work to develop flawlessly screen accurate versions of the characters with crazy amounts of articulation and then just charge us mugs up the nostrils for them. From a business perspective, it’s easy money; so, if TT really are the soulless, money grubbing corporation that they’re labelled every time after the reveal of an MPs price, then those of us hoping for TM MPs may be in luck.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    Well, let's pencil them in for 6-10 years from now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    What, the remaining 6 to 10 characters of Season 1?

13. Verno

News Credits:
    The Transmetals, Fuzors and Transmetal 2s.

14. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    What would you say about the remaining season 1?

15. Verno

News Credits:
    At the current rate, it's going to take a decade to get the rest of them. Let's hope TT pick up the pace.

16. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It wouldn't bother me if they never go to those besides the S1 10-14 characters. By the time those are done, I see Takara moving on to another part of the franchise anyway (ex. Armada?)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I think the most challenging ones will be Terrorsaur, Tarantulas, Blackarachnia and Airazor. Everyone else may be easy or they could look back at the Generations ones they made.

18. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Of course! :)  you are free to post your opinions on the matter!

19. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    I'm still skeptical we'll see the entire season 1 cast let alone Transmetals. They've done arguably the four most popular characters from the series already, as much as I'd love to see an MP Terrorsaur I shan't be holding my breath. To be honest I can barely believe these four moulds are real. It's quite the dream come true and I'm gonna savour each one before daring to dream of more.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    I may reconsider my decision to step out of the BW MP space if this happens...season 2 was my favourite. Of course I’ll be in my mid-forties by then...ugh.

MP Transmetal Tarantulas??! Hell yes!! The original toy was one of my favourites, so I can only imagine what they’d do to make him more amazing.

• Like Like x 1