MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron to get US release via EE/Comic stores

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BenjaminXavier, Jul 12, 2018.

1. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess I have been lucky and was able to snag SW and MP10 online. Although SW sold out quickly, the latest reissue of MP10 was available for weeks online

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Ok , if this has Kaye’s voice ship , I’ll have to double dip.

3. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

Please have an English voice chip with dialogue provided by David Kaye!

4. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    005CzrXlgy1ft1md8f0lmj30j60dhtbs.jpg
    This is what the box for Prowl looks like a Takara Tomy product sold through Hasbro. PRowl+ price I sort of get for whatever reasons, licensed stuff is more expensive for Hasbro. If Megatron is getting a box like this with retailers getting it direct from Hasbro I don't see why they are charging Takara MSRP. An official Hasbro release wouldn't be $320 anyway, If the japanese retailers can sell it at 30% discount and still make money and pay their bills I would expect the Stateside price to be considerably cheaper getting it directly from Hasbro. It's how we didn't end up paying $200 for MP-9,10,and 13-16 like the Japanese did.

If this is how brand unification is going to work it's going to be a fail already, it would still make no sense to sale releases stateside. I guess once it goes live there will be more information.

5. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Maybe they put the purple on to tell us Megatron was next:) 

I’d be tempted if the voice were different, but realistically I never use those features so it would be wasted money

• Like Like x 1
  6. BWfan86

News Credits:
    Is that actually the box though? The source of that pic had no context.
    Agree with you re: the pricing. No way I would have spent $200 on MP10, MP11, or MP13. Managed to get them for $125 or less through the hasbro release. However, the problem with the Hasbro releases is poor distribution and low supply. So... they quickly sell out and people are left paying scalper prices

7. jackisking

jackisking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would assume yes since someone took the time to blot it out. I guess we'll get more news. If they are bringing over releases you figure there would be an announcement.

8. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

This figure looks amazing and all but i really gota say that price tag is TOTAL bullshit. Like gtfo with this 300 shit. Even the MP Megs, but that at least seems to have more actual stuff in the box. This should be 200 US tops.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  9. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If MP BW Megatron got US release, lets hope he will not suffer like MP Soundwave.

10. BWfan86

News Credits:
    What was wrong with the hasbro version MP Soundwave? If you are referring to the different visor color, that did no make the release "suffer"

• Like Like x 1
  11. BWfan86

News Credits:
    If so, that is an awful box (no pictures). If they are cross sold, I can't see Takara using a box like that

12. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No you wouldn't have. You would have gotten even MORE of a markup.

13. LipSmack

LipSmack Well-Known Member

Wholesale on this is $240 usd, my LCS offered to bring one in for me at that cost, overseas is still better... its like Diamond is buying their stock off Amazon.jp and marking it up from there :lol 

14. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Yay!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

The visor seemed to be the only major gripe anyone had with that release (personally I love that they did that since I love toy Hasbro's toy accuracy nods).
    The only two things Hasbro's release had that were distinctly worse than Takara's was that they didn't paint the small inner foot pieces so there was a bit of bare grey visible on the feet and it also featured that info stamp Hasbro figures have and it was put in a rather obvious spot on the leg.
    I'm not sure if this person is maybe referring to the fact that the original Hasbro release also suffers from a bit of chrome wear but that's an issue Takara's original release suffered from as well so that's not really even Hasbro's fault (I don't know if the Asia rerelease suffers from that as well though I'd bet it doesn't given that no version since has had the issue starting with Takara's first reissue.)

16. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, if you include coupons, and or a BOGO with TRU $ wouldn't have been as bad. I've gotten all my TRU MP's discounted. With online retail you'll only get a discount if it's been in their warehouse for a couple of years and they need to move inventory....
    I know still depresses me every time I think about :( 
    Haha same! Packaged well too without having to worry about it being destroyed getting to me.

You mean online stores right? :p 

17. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A lot of issues. For example mine have defect on arm cannon, my friend had blurry symbol on chest.

Not only wrong color of visor, foots have no color.

I was just lazy to have three boxes and buy all in one.

I already have preorder on AE.

18. BWfan86

News Credits:
    Agree with the small unpainted part on the foot being odd. The stamp doesn't bother me though. I think those small difference don't warrant getting the Takara over the Hasbro version though, since the Hasbro version came with all the tapes and was cheaper than the Takra SW+ laserbeak alone

• Like Like x 1
  19. BWfan86

News Credits:
    From what I have read on the boards, those are not widespread issues and more bad luck than anything else. The only real differences are those described in the above post

20. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Oh I wholly agree; I have both any because of both completism and my love of the mold and just having variants. But the Hasbro release certainly didn't "suffer" especially given how quickly it sold out (From Thundercracker onwards that was the only figure I had any real difficulty obtaining and I had to get mine used off of ebay in the end).

• Like Like x 1