MP-39: Masterpiece Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Spark Extractor, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Is that peaugh?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I like how some guys complain about others type of designs because are not G1, but when finally TT does a EXACTLY copy of a character in toy from G1, they complain because it looks "too g1".

• Like Like x 1
  3. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Well, that depends on how you define "solved".
    If you're happy buying 2 expensive toys to get one toy that you want, then that works out fine for you.
    If you are not down with that, then, no, not really solved.

Sure, I guess I could have just bought MP Tracks and MP Loudpedal to make the MP Tracks that I wanted, but turns out, nope. Pass. That's ok, it's not all about me. Oh well, TT can't please everyone. Unless they simply include a toon head and a toy head in their releases.

4. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

:lol 

This post.....it reminds me of something, oh, wait, that's it;

:lol ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  5. agestate

agestate Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I like the look of Spinout, so a fake small chest isn't necessary. Also Spinout's back is by far the cleanest. I am going to buy this Mp39, but I am entitled to my opinion. I think that they could've done a better job. A masterpiece transformer should be a masterpiece. Even some 3rd party companies understand this. Again, MP10, MP36, Prowl, the seekers, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, Sphinx, Terraegis, Willis and Bumblebee all SCREAM MASTERPIECE. This version of Sunstreaker doesn't. If vehicle mode toon accuracy forced the large backpack, then takara should've scrapped that idea.

6. Russ840

Russ840 Autobot Targetmaster

I think it is a masterpiece. Can't wait to have him. I'm loving the toon accuracy. That's what I want from these figures. Can't wait for this guy.

Shame that you aren't liking him that much. At least you have the 3rd party options though, right.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

I usually get most of my MPs from bbts (usually as gifts) so.......why the heck is Sunstreaker 120 bucks for an Autobot car? I usually don't complain too much about prices as I buy 3rd party stuff but that's 40 more than they usually cost, c'mon man.

8. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    People are saying it's a placeholder so for me the real question is why the other shops who've put up preorders weren't smart enough to undercut them even a little.

9. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree that TT did do a good job of keeping the backpack clean.

While I do like the look of MP Sunsteraker, I do feel the same way as you do regarding the faux chest. But Takara is completely focused on the G1 cartoon aesthetic. So much so that they're completely ignoring the G1 toy look. I miss that balanced blend of the old MP's.

Yeah, I would have preferred TT had gone in the direction of Spinout with the REAL car roof and windshield. It would reduce the back kibble tremendously, if not completely. And using the actual car roof and windshield would not necessarily make it look big-chested. TT's shown to be very clever in finding ways to make proportions looks good. TT also has the advantage of studying 3P designs and finding ways to improve aspects of them like the Spinout's chest and torso area. I would rather seen them figure that out not have the headlight gimmick. I still think MP-39 is worthy of being called a Masterpiece even though they went in a direction I do not prefer. And while I firmly believe they should not have gone faux parts with the torso/chest (I hate cheating!), it's not a deal-breaker for me. I pre-ordered two of these. I'm a sucker for Sunstreaer.

10. elburrito

elburrito Well-Known Member

Megs 2.0 looks solid to me (legs and all). The pictures don't really do him justice. Especially when posing him. Sunstreaker is still not wowing me except for the legs and feet. I hope having him in hand changes that (i preferred MP-04 to MP-10 until i actually got hold of MP-10 and stll think MP-10 Is one of the best toys i have ever seen). The backpack potential on MP-39 is concerning though.

Quick note on 'toon accuracy. If you are listening Takara, bring it on! Better articulated and scaled versions of those G1 cartoon characters has been my stuff dreams are made of since 1984. Also, there are a lot of 'me' out here and now (as opposed to in 1984) we actually gots some scratch! Even though pictures of MP-39 do not particularly impress, we will buy it precisely because of the attempt to 'toon accuracy.

Working in CAD, purchasing from US retailers is really not an option ($120 USD is like a billion dollars CAD - or maybe around $162). It just occurred to me that US collectors should be checking out some of the sponsors on the sister site Cybertron.ca. Because of that hefty Benjamin, Canadian sites might be comparable to Japan in savings.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Prometheus 073

Prometheus 073 Well-Known Member

Spent a couple days looking at MP-39's feet, and Sunsurge's headsculpt and surface detailing... ordered a Sunsurge; he will be here next week. Went 3rd party on Hound, Inferno, Megatron, and now 'Streaker; looks like a pattern with me.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Why is this so me

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Why is this you @Devastator21

14. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

Baffling response, seeing as I didn't say anything at all about the price, and I said I thought all the early masterpieces were spot-on, with only the very recent ones seeming to follow an odd trend.

15. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

Spinout looks fine to me. The QC issues are what put me off getting it, and it'd be better if the chest locked, but the proportions are about right.

16. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Spinout is good if you get it for 20$.

17. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Me going third party now since the officials are starting to lack the amount of detail and too much toon accuracy I want

• Like Like x 2
  18. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    With the toon aesthetics TT is going, I don't think third parties have to worry about releasing the same characters in the MP10 aesthetics.
    Third parties got a gift and they are sighing in relief.

• Like Like x 2
  19. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *Wakes up*

*Sees all the new responses*

I... I just... my response to 90% of this thread, then I'm unsubbing from it...

CNN NMS.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  20. Jwwu

Jwwu Well-Known Member

Folks who like the aesthetics of Spinout probably would not get hired by TT (or reputable 3Ps) to design MPs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.