MP-39: Masterpiece Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Spark Extractor, May 22, 2017.

1. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Different expressions, too! This MADE MY YEAR! YEAH!!!!!! Even though it's clearly in Takara's cartoon direction, I have Sunsurge for my G1 Toy-esque/more detailed Sunstreaker. So I'm okay with this. it's not 100% what I was hoping for, but I am still very excited to finally see Takara making him! I'll buy TWO! Maybe even three!!! This is great. Finally, we're getting an MP Sunstreaker!

2. ckchan

ckchan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    not a fan of recent mp releases. but this is how an MP should be made. a great looking robot that transform into a alt mode that looks accurate to actual real world vehicle! will definitely keep an eye on this one

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Its nice but I'm happy with my Badcube (partially because I'm more of a toy accuracy guy)...I'm in for the Diaclone Police version though :) 

4. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be honest that really shouldn't be a concern then. If the Toon accurate symbol isn't to your liking, it's easy to get the styled Reprolabel you prefer from either Toyhax or Eness that I'm sure will be doing a set for this figure. So you have options. Also, when it comes to MP-36 Megatron, I'm positive that Takara is going to release a Toy accurate paint scheme in the coming months as well with an appropriate Toy styled Decepticon Tampo.

5. valkfan

valkfan Nova Storm Lives!

It's pretty predictable at this point, right?

Nitpick any and all 3p offerings and overlook those same nitpicks on official product by offering lame justifications.

That's what I'm thinking. The rear-end of the alt mode is as inaccurate as Spinout.

6. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Maybe I can get MP39 for my wife since she likes yellow. Sunsurge for me and Sunstreaker for her. Both figures are lovely.

7. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    All I was saying is that I think it's more likely we'd end up with MP-12 redone in anime style before we end up an entirely new mold. But I don't think that Takara will do that, either.

8. kei78

kei78 Half Man, Half Amazing

You had me at chip chase... I'm in!

9. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    why is takara rereleasing badcube sunsurge?

• Like Like x 8
  10. valkfan

And with things going the way they are, there's an excellent chance that the eventual KO Sunstreaker will have better chrome and ratcheting joints than the shoddy quality of TT chrome.

KO Ratchet and Ironhide have much better chrome than TT.

11. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    I don't know. I think faces look a bit odd..... I'm hoping one of our resident Photoshop experts will fix it up a bit. Just to see what could be done.

12. Fenz

Fenz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow 2 asses style .. takara win..

13. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Following proto

This looks to be my favorite of the post-Hasui MPs that have come out as of yet, here's hoping it bucks the QC trend and doesn't have flaky paint, that would make Sunstreaker weep inside.

• Like Like x 2
  14. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Man. I've been sitting on this for the day and it hit me that I really think this thing sucks. The alt mode is nice, but I finally get the complaints about going overboard on toon accuracy. Look at him next to sideswipe. It's disappointing how much of him is just robot panels unfolded from the car. He's not made out of vehicle parts.

I do miss when Masterpiece went for a toy-toon hybrid. If they had gone for a realistic alt mode and found a way to actually make him turn into a robot using the car parts (Especially the chest)

It's a shame, because Megatron was so beautiful. At least I'm not invested in this line. I should start collecting BW figures.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

I don\'t know, I think BadCube\'s Sunsurge looks a lot better than this, but it\'ll probably be less of a nightmare to transform.

16. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Damn, Sunsurges are going up priced to move. Wonder how many more are going up when MP-39 drops. Guess "superior" doesn't always mean better:rolleyes: 

17. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator

News Credits:
    Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Seems like the one Takara fan boy stopped bashing other buyers. I support people who buy whatever makes them happy.

18. valkfan

And you just know that if this had been the other way around, the chorus would have brought out their torches and pitchforks against the 3P companies.

Thankfully, I think a lot of the fandom now see the false information for what it is. I know Fans Toys doesn't have a Sunstreaker but if they did, it would be very difficult for TT to beat their quality and durability.

19. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Speaking for myself, I prefer to buy Official Masterpieces. I own a total of three 3P pieces (Spinout, J4ZZ and Downbeat) and do not plan to buy anymore. While aesthetics may be there, and QC issues arise (which is true for any company), they tend to be a bit more expensive than Official MP. I'd just rather put the money towards an Official Masterpiece, and double dip.:) 
    It's perfectly okay to have a personal preference. What's not okay is trashing someone's personal preference. If you prefer 3P, that's fine. If you prefer Takara MP, that's fine too. Just don't go into the Takara MP threads trashing those MPs because you're pro-3P. Do not go into the 3P threads trashing 3P pieces because you're pro-Takara. It's disrespectful and immature.
    It's perfectly okay and encouraged to release your Transformers loving inner-child, so long as that inner child isn't a precocious 2 year old in need of a time out ;) 

• Like Like x 11
  20. valkfan

For what? Providing a nice MP styled Sunstreaker WAY before TT made one available? Shouldn't that deserve a thank you?

• Like Like x 4