MP-39: Masterpiece Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Spark Extractor, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paik4Life

Paik4Life Reviews

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

• Like Like x 7
  2. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup. I’d just sell it if you’re worried about resale value

• Like Like x 3
  3. JSix

JSix Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 29
  4. oku

oku Chill.

News Credits:
    DSCN6799.JPG DSCN6804.JPG DSCN6807.JPG

• Like Like x 12
  5. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there an option on MP39 for missile hands?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    Nope :/

7. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Me three. :( 

8. Spaceman1251

Spaceman1251 Legendary Warrior

Instagram:
    Got my AmazonJP Sunstreaker today, and holy shit, the vehicle mode is beautiful! And I will admit that I'm the idiot who totally got the size of this figure wrong. I seriously can't believe how great Sunstreaker's alt mode looks, mine has barely any gaps and rolls on all four tires, and looks absolutely gorgeous. I can't believe how crappy they made this thing look in all those magazine pics, now having him next to MP-12, he destroys MP-12's alt mode. I can barely see the seems on 39, it looks like I have a model car(MP39) sitting next to a transformer(MP12).

I haven't got a chance to transform him yet, but I might wait a day or two to get my other 2 from AE to transform one or two of them, cause the one I have right now has pretty much no gaps and just looks to perfect to transform right now. So glad I decided to keep my AmazonJP preorder for a 3rd Sunstreaker, this thing is amazing!

• Like Like x 4
  9. Porkncheese

Porkncheese Well-Known Member

Mine has finally been delivered. I'm just stuck at work so I'll have to wait just a little longer.

10. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    This is the best thing

• Like Like x 7
  11. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Finally! Movement on my SAL MP Sunny from AE.

Now reading as 'Dispatch from outward office of exchange'.

• Like Like x 1
  12. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Mine still no further than ‘Posting/collecting’. No matter, because I received my other order from Amazon.co.jp yesterday. I love his looks, both the two alt modes and the robot mode, but man, that transformation... I’ve been able to work out practically every MP since MP-10 with just a few glances at a video, but for this one, I was scrolling backwards and forwards through video’s to see how everything moves. So many parts, including so many unintuitive touches! It’ll probably feel smother over time, but right now, I’m just glad to see him in robot mode safely and undamaged!

13. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Got my as Sunny today. Gorgeous figure with crazy articulation. That wrist movement really gives extra options.

Also the face really isn't that bad in hand, I've seen some serious hyperbole there lol. Looking forward to seeing more cars with this level of articulation and maybe a *cough* Sideswipe v2! *cough*

• Like Like x 8
  14. Cincyred

Cincyred Well-Known Member

Mine showed up last night. Alt-mode is absolutely gorgeous. Haven't had a chance to transform him yet. He'll hang out with me at work today.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

Mine arrived from Amazon JP yesterday and alt-mode looks boss.
    Question for those who have him and transformed: would a coat of Future on the chrome parts be wise to protect them against chipping/scratching before first transformation?

• Like Like x 1
  16. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After having a rather crappy day, I was absolutely glad that I saw my package on the doorstep. I have transformed him once to and back from robot to vehicle and all I have to say is WOW.

The thing is a beast. His articulation is so much more than I would have expected a masterpiece to have. He is the perfect mix of complex and fun.

Granted there are multiple points in transformations where I have experienced tight ass clearance and very secure locks in robot mode. The chest piece locking into the abdomen especially is super secure. Hurt my hands trying to get it unsecured to start my transformation back to vehicle mode.

My anti-air gun at the back of the car is kind of loose but i'll trade it for the near perfect chrome.

Also the transformation may be complex, but it ain't hard. Once you've transformed him into robot mode, you get the gist of it and probably won't even need to look at the instruction manual of a video review to get him back to car mode. I kinda dislike the back panel flipping from toon accurate to realistic solely because the clearance is very tight and may scratch the paint.

I didn't buy inferno because I didn't like his aesthetics but sunny here is perfect in my book.

Also his face sculpt really isn't bad when you see it in person. The gray is a lot darker than I was expecting and it actually kind of compliments his face sculpt. I'd even dare to go out and say if your only issue stopping yourself from buying this figure than it really is a non-issue and you may want to reconsider as it looks a lot better than the pictures we've seen.

I'm really happy with my purchase and it is a figure (a really really poseable transformable figure might I add) people should look into or maybe reconsider (not telling you what to do with your money since it's yours but goddamn is sunny a beaut).

9/10
    (because I dislike the (slight. Only on the edges of pieces that need to rotate or clear certain areas etc) paint chipping whilst transforming him back and forth.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  17. stormflash

stormflash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only part that may get scratched are the edges of the chrome and only if you use much force. You really shouldn't have to worry about major/noticeable chippings.

Don't really know much about future but if it is anything like nail polish then maybe? I should probably let another person who has a lot better knowledge of future answer that question

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator

News Credits:
    Chrome looks and feels pretty darn solid. It’s the normal painted areas that I’d be more concerned about, and even then it would only be minor concern. :) 

I had no worries during transformation.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After feeling lukewarm about him for months, the last week of pictures has me actually excited to get him in hand now. One more week...

20. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    Just picked mine up from the post office. Haven’t transformed him yet, but damn this vain bastard is beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.