MP-39: Masterpiece Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Spark Extractor, May 22, 2017.

1. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    Yet, a figure like Megatron which they would have no reason to under build... sells out super fast, and triggers an almost immediate re-run..
    While figures like Ironhide, ratchet, hotrod, primal, etc that would be modest runs... still sit in inventory everywhere.

That points to lax demand for those figures. Hell, look at the clearance that has happened on Tracks... nearly 2/3rds off the normal price. Clearly that figure was oversold to the channels.

2. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Haha - yeah, I was wondered for a sec if TT was phasing out MP-10 with his absence on Sunstreaker's box, but then I remembered he was still on both vans' box photography, both Fusos', and, of course, Megatron's. I bet it's more a matter of there being *so much stuff* to show off on Sunstreaker's packaging, so many features, gimmicks, and accessories, and if he was going to be shown with anyone it was going to have to be Sideswipe. I'm sure if and when we get the rumored Trailbreaker, Jazz, and Blaster they'll be shown with Prime in official photography (Hoist may just be shown with Grapple).

3. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

Sorry, been away from the threads for a few days. I have the torso (C4 Vette), the orange arm (911) the blue leg (Z, I think) and the crotch police car. I seem to missing a box of toys that I swear is at my parents' house and I think the other guy may be in there along with Prime, Starscream, Galvatron, Soundwave and possibly Metroplex. At least I hope that is where they are. I hope they didn't go for $.50 in a garage sale.

4. Sorrow Six Star

Sorrow Six Star 3 2 1 Countach!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As pointed out that's Sunsurge's face on Takara's helmet.

To be fair I get used to the faces on these figures and am less bothered by them with time. I wasn't 100% sold on Surge's face before i had it in hand.

I don't like the grey. I bought a dr wu kit for bumblebee so he'd look better with Sideswipe and The others. The smiley face looks straight up goofy AF to me Just like Megatron's does. And this sculptor looks to me like the same one that did the bumble face I didn't like. everything else looks amazingly nice to me.

5. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Apologies, won't happen again :D 

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 2
  6. Optimist Maximus

Optimist Maximus Well-Known Member

I was in Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka and Nagoya a few months ago. Transformers are VERY HARD TO FIND there. I went shopping on Akihabara, even Nakano Broadway and some other places and just found a few masterpieces. Everythig is GUNDAM in Japan, Gundam here and Gundam there... Transformers Masterpiece are not so popular for japanese people.
    Maybe you could say that the Market is on the Internet in Japan, but I doubt it. None of my japanese friends collect Masterpiece Transformers, nor the friends of my friends. I found more collectors here in Perú where the Cartoon was very popular. I think the market in asia it's in China, maybe Hong Kong to be specific.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Always troubling to hear things like this. It puts the designer interview's comments about courting the interest of the model car enthusiasts with the Real Cars' alt modes in a different context; this makes it sound like they need the interest of non-fans to keep the line profitable.

• Like Like x 2
  8. elburrito

elburrito Well-Known Member

Funny, what I took from the poll was that < 20% were no longer interested in the official bots.

9. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    But then you see a line of people outside waiting to by a $300 Bape prime. While gundam is king the prices in stores are alot more comparable to those online. I would guess most Japanese order online like we do to take advantage of discounts. The only time Ive seen the list price was at TTMall and TRU. I saw ratchet at a couple of places for 8400 yen cheaper than the list price but more expensive than the online stores.

10. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are a piece of pee to install yes - just a few screws.

They do indeed improve the bot modes and look great, but I guess you read my niggles about the errors that affect alt mode. I found another one too, but I'll put it in the correct thread :) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    A piece....of pee?

12. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Frozen, I guess.

13. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Slang in the Uk, it means easy to do, although commonly phrased as 'piece of piss'. Eg, 'How was the exam?' 'It was piss easy!' or 'A piece of piss!'

• Like Like x 6
  14. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

I could only wish i came out of my macro economics A level exam yesterday feeling that way:p  i had to go and preorder sunstreaker for £75 to numb the pain

• Like Like x 1
  15. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol! :) 

Quite right. I was just being polite - family forum :) 

16. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Don't get why this is an issue. I don't see where the alt modes don't have the real car accuracy aside from missing mirrors and maybe a few badges. If you're referring to the Fusos, the cab and chassis is real world, anything anyone wants to put on the back of the chassis is up to them, can't really call those fake details or not real world in any way since the Fuso itself is accurate.

And I have yet to see a real world alt modes clash with a more toon accurate bot, not sure what your issue is but they look fine to me and I will keep buying them. And personally I don't see Sunstreaker as that much different than say Sideswipe or Prowl, just a little more toon based than those.

And personally, I don't want chibi or toon alt modes.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Only "car" mode I see this is an issue with is the rear of Inferno/Grapple.

Not really an issue for me since I'm heavy 'toon, but I can see if people take issue.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I'm with you shadowfall1976. I disagree that the alt modes are half-assed - we're getting the real vehicles with a toon-accurate paint scheme - it's clearly aimed to please the toon crowd.

No body wants alt modes like these:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
  19. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Haha, the way mine went I think I would have needed ten Sunstreakers.

:lol 

Always nice to see a young G1 fan by the way.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Yeah, perfectly happy with where the line is at. The cartoony alt grills that came with the Fusos were fun, but not what I want out of the line as far as the licensed vehicles go. I like the priority given to the sleek bot modes heavily inspired by the character models (which both the animation and comics shared), with some nods to the toys and even the box art where appropriate, with semi-realistic vehicles.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 13