MP-39: Masterpiece Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Spark Extractor, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy crap, this is what's I'm waiting for! This was my favorite Diaclone release!

I've only seen customs through all the shows I've been to. Thanks for the render.

So Captured Prey put up their Pre-order for Sunstreaker for $105 (or about $103 with their Loyalty Discount). Sorry if this has been posted already.
    MP-39 Sunstreaker

Needless to say, this is where I pre-ordered from. Same with MP-12+ Sideswipe.

2. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

That face tho. He looks like a creepy hermit that lives by himself in the woods. "Don't tell anyone where I touched you. It'll be our little secret."

3. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    He has personality.

• Like Like x 1
  4. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Why does this damn meme always get me ... its been years now!!! But yeah, sheepishly, I am one of the "silent majority" of toon-centric MP collectors, which is why TT caters to us despite protestations to the contrary ... "Hasui ain't walking through that door!" :) 

• Like Like x 1
  5. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I actually like the style of the latest MPs e.g. Ironhide, Inferno, Sunstreaker.

I just couln't resist making the meme after hearing all the complaints about the new direction.

6. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

That and a whole bunch of other stuff.
    Say what you will about Sunsurge, he matches up with the real world look of the countach of MP-12 Sideswipe.
    Theres a bunch of black details in that car mode that are missing that I'll have to paint on.
    Oh sure, I bet MP-12+ will match it, by taking out much of the car's details. But... that's not for me.

Well that's very nice looking. The PITA is gonna be putting the black weather stripping back on the windows. It's... unfortunate that they took all that off.

• Like Like x 1
  7. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Amen to that, boys, I absolutely love everything TT has done since MP-08 except the seekers and I even with that I own MP-11, haha, they all look good together despite what the next to irrelevant 2 or 3 'it's too cartoony ilk' on TFW think.....they still end up buying them anyway!

:lol 

8. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Genuine question here, no agenda or sub-agenda, but do you genuinely believe it's approximately 2 to 3 people only who are unhappy with the current cartoon-heavy aesthetic in robot mode?

Cheers in advance.

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bravemaximike

Bravemaximike Road Warrior

You are my new favorite person on these boards! :D 

.......any chance I could ask you to do some robot modes too!?

Regardless, you have made my day. Looks awesome, sign me up for one of each.

10. malware5

Are you being serious?

11. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Yes, absolutely.

I was genuinely asking if that was your impression of the number of people who were of that opinion, or if I've misunderstood and it's an exaggeration.

No hostility intended at all, mate.

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 1
  12. malware5

It was hyperbole, I simply ridiculing the very diminutive but very vocal folk in the fandom whom are of that opinion!

13. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Gotcha, cheers for clarifying :thumb 

It's ok to like both, though, right? Pre heavy-cartoon aesthetic MPs and current toon-heavy aesthetic MPs? That's where I believe I am at.

Also, it's ok for people to not like it too, as long as they don't ridicule or hate on those who do, right?

I guess by the very nature of a vocal group, we can only really know their numbers through their vociferous nature. We may never know the true size of such a group who hold that opinion if a larger portion are silent.

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 8
  14. Jwwu

Jwwu Well-Known Member

I was one of those know-it-alls that said don't panic until we see the Yen pricing. So, I guess you can panic now.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This is a big part of why I would want a black Sunstreaker. No need to paint all of the black pieces lol.
    Possibly as a Shattered Glass version such as Prime. Or just to go with G2 Sideswipe.

As it sits, I'm passing on Sunstreaker. Just like I passed on Inferno and picked up Artfire because of the extra details and colors.

I see what you did there, Maz.

16. malware5

No one said it wasn't! I said I love everything post MP-08 barring the seekers so....

I couldn't care less what they do, if they keep complaining as some the vocal minority do, they must realise there will be blowback!

They can't be that many, the line is so successful that TT can afford to diverge into other TF lines (bummer for Sunbow G1 only fans!) and even charge more for their MP's and still get us to buy. So whatever the 'it's too cartoony' ilk think, their opinions and their wallets, they mean nothing in the grand scheme of things looking at TT's success!

17. Jehsee

Jehsee Well-Known Member

Total Butterface. Too bad... he seriously looks awesome if I cover the head up.

• Like Like x 4
  18. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    It's amazing how often this needs to be repeated.

• Like Like x 3
  19. xdmisato

xdmisato Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually like the mixture of toy/toon accuracy of the line. It gives them diversity.

20. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Gosh, I do wonder how many people it could be as a group who do feel that way about the current aesthetic.

Then you have those who maybe don't like the direction, but buy the figures for the purpose of enjoying the in-hand experience of what is quite often a marvellously-engineered and genius-laden transformation. I know I would have hated to have missed out on the transformation and posability of Inferno had I let my misgivings about overall detail/appearance rule my decision.

Of course, sometimes it isn't such an overall feeling, maybe just a particular section of a figure that doesn't appeal. Collectors can be so set in their ways and how they see their perfect vision of a Transformer, right? That must also make it hard to sacrifice an entire purchase of what is usually a very fun figure for the sake of one part that doesn't agree. Compromise versus absolute satisfaction, for the greater good of the overall experience.

After purchase, durability of a figure and its ability to stay highly displayable upon multiple handlings is also a factor for some, I'd imagine.

I'd be fascinated to know if TakaraTomy's sales actually increased with the heavy shift towards a very high accuracy cartoon aesthetic. Certainly one would hope they keep a close eye on how each fundamental change to approach and MP philosophy affects sales over time.

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 14
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.