MP-39: Masterpiece Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Spark Extractor, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Glad I paid up the AE pre order last week as the pound is tanking after last night. For once, childlike excitement and impatience has paid off!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    You did good. Poor guys at Kapow might have to increase that pre-order price range now. Love Kapow, they shipped me Megatron all the way out here to Russia, but I just couldn't pass on those AE prices.

Hopefully UK retailers make up for it by attracting more European customers.

3. Brum Bot

Brum Bot "Give them Victory... or Give them Death"

News Credits:
    Kapow do a lot of good for the UK toy scene, but for me the £20/£30/£40 more it costs than to go with AE all tots up over time.

4. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Don't think that will happen, it will more than likely be just straight up stoic stance like all the cars before him, barring Grapple, Inferno and MP-14+.

Ditto, it's why I want to move in on that MP-12+ as I'm 100% going to get it anyway, the problem is that I just don't like the character that much and am waiting on my MP-12 to sell on e-bay, but I think I'll just go ahead and get it this weekend before the pound tanks any further, the price it's at is too good to pass up.

5. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Agreed, have had such good customer service from Kapow. When it's more affordable I'll always pick them first - but since moving to Russia I don't have to even worry about import duties anymore - HLJ, AmiAmi, they're all open to me now, and cheap SAL shipping generally only takes a week or so.

Who knew there'd be perks in moving to Russia, eh?

Hoping there's no delays in the release date and AE get to ship out SS before they close up after Christmas.

6. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Where is this image from? I haven't seen it before. Thanks!

7. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  8. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Thanks Type-R!

9. Prowl 76

Prowl 76 Well-Known Member

Love hearing all these stories about our experiences as kids.

I remember hanging out in the toy section of department stores as a kid and then begging my mom (usually unsuccessfully) to pick up a TF for me. But generally it was Christmas and birthdays where I made the most hay.

Christmas '84 I received my first Transformers - Megatron, Starscream, and Trailbreaker. What a bonanza!

July '85, some generous friends gifted me Prowl and Brawn at my ninth birthday party.

Christmas '85 - Grimlock, Thrust and Dirge joined the collection

July '86 - my dad allowed me to pick out one TF for my tenth birthday. I debated between two new and yet unknown characters: Ultra Magnus and Galavatron, before ultimately choosing Magnus. It was one of only two TFs my dad would ever buy for me (the other was Ravage), so UM will always be significant for me.

Ahh, memories. Sadly, I never saw Sunstreaker on the shelves though. But I had a couple friends who owned him, so I'd always fawn over him and his awesome Lamborghini car mode when I as over at their houses.

Sorry to derail the thread... back on topic. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  10. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:

Much rather read these stories than ten pages arguing official vs 3P aesthetics!

These stories are what the fandom is all about, in my opinion. I shared most of my TFs with my older brother, he bought me G1 Prime for my 5th birthday, but I do remember going to my cousins' houses in Ireland and seeing so many new TFs. I think the only one that really stuck in my mind was Fort Max, though!

My experience with the G1 show was just a handful of episodes we had on VHS, including the first three-parter. The scene with Sideswipe, Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker ('just make left turns!' :lol ) is forever stuck in my memory - can't wait to recreate it with MP-12+, 39 and the in-progress MP Trailbreaker!

It must have been this time last year I sold off Sideswipe, thinking if we do get Sunstreaker it'll be years down the line, and I was fed up of having him on the shelf without his brother. Man it's nice to be surprised! Golden times for the MP line, truly.

• Like Like x 12
  11. flynnibus

flynnibus Masterpiece Addict

Ebay:
    As a kid in my town, you bought whatever TF you could find unless you already had it. They were so rare to find on the shelf, rumor would spread that a shop had some and you'd race over there to see what was there. Beggers couldn't be choosers :) 

I don't even remember a christmas of mailorder catalog with them... I guess Sears/JCPenny didn't carry the toys? I only remember picking them up at the CVS-equivalent of the day.. and places like KMart/Ames once the toys were more established and we got things like the minibots, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Div

Div Cardboard Boximus

i remember buying transformers from this guy who sold TFs out of the back of his locksmith shop. he had a ton of boxed transformers & thinking back im pretty sure he gouged me on a lot of them because i remember paying $120 for a boxed mirage back in 1989. i was around 9 then & me & siblings pooled our birthday money for them...what a bunch of suckers we were

• Like Like x 2
  13. RichP

RichP Slick Doohickey

Instagram:
    you guys got robbed for sure @Div, but I bet you all had good times with Mirage. He was one of my favorites. I loved that color scheme, and he's one of the few G1 toys I've held onto all these years.

When I was about 6 or 7 my family and I went to visit a friend of my Dad's out of state. I'll never forget seeing the GI Joe Flagg ship in person. This kid had everything. I mean I was spoiled at the time, but this kid had it all, and nothing was broken either. Most of my stuff got put through the ringer. I wasn't drawing my toys I was playing the shit out of them. I'd be curious how many other posters here drew their toys and went into a creative field as an adult like myself.

Back to Sunstreaker. On the way home from this kid's house we stopped into a department store and I saw a G1 Sunstreaker on the shelf. I had never had one and I remember begging for it. Of course I didn't get it, and the memory of me sitting in the back seat feeling sad as all hell looking out the window as we drew home on the highway has always stuck with me. So I never did get that Sunstreaker.

The weird thing is that las month while cleaning out some boxes I found a broken G1 Sunstreaker!? I guess I had one all along, but mine must have been broken and I wanted to replace it. Funny thing is I have a strong memory of not getting him at that store that day rather than playing with the one I actually owned.

• Like Like x 3
  14. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That story was creepy. That's some Twilight Zone shit right there.o_O 

15. RichP

RichP Slick Doohickey

Instagram:
    Hah I can see the twilight zone aspect for sure.

16. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

The G1 Sunstreaker I owned as a kid is all busted up as well and sitting in my G1 box. In fact, all my G1 TF's probably look similar to the beat up cons in the movie from being transformed hundreds of times.

[​IMG]

I'm almost ashamed that I didn't take better care of my transformers toys, but then again, I was 12 and not concerned about value or condition. I just wanted to transform them over and over.

• Like Like x 3
  17. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I am ashamed that I didn't take better care of my toys as well, but not because the value nowadays is high, etc. I had an AWESOME childhood precisely because I kept transforming those toys again and again, but I could have been gentler about it.

18. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    20151224_171320.jpg I'm ashamed I don't play with my Transformers more. I live vicariously through my kid (soon to be kids) since I don't have time.

You guys had awesome childhoods cause you played with your toys!

• Like Like x 12
  19. RichP

RichP Slick Doohickey

Instagram:
    Very cool to see your little having fun with Devastator, @Predakwon I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter play with Transformers when she's older.

• Like Like x 3
  20. 1989TTA

1989TTA Banned

I'm late to the party, but love the fact we are getting G1 Sunstreaker MP style.

I've read the naysayer threads how we won't get this or that and low and behold we get them. So we know nothing is off the table :) 

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.