MP-39: Masterpiece Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Spark Extractor, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Thiiiiiiis

• Like Like x 1
  2. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Believe it or not, I like my Spinout better. I cannot stand that faux chest plate and full toon design.

Alt mode looks great. bot mode, not so much.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Late Ironhide

Late Ironhide The Fallen Hero

I\'ve been weighting for Sunstreaker to be made for a very long time. I love everything about him but maybe his gun. To me it looks to small for him. I love that we get to have Chip with him. All that reminds now is Carly & Sparkplug. I wonder who will come with them. Maybe Hoist will come with Carly but then where does Sparkplug go with? 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prowlstreaker would be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    I'm not sure what to think about this. I had reservations on the official Ironhide, Ratchet and Megatron molds .. but ended up really liking them in the end. On the other hand I had reservations about the official Shockwave and *still* hate that figure with a passion to this day.

This Sunny doesn't blow me away and I'm not sure how to even feel about it. If I felt like he was leagues better than Sunsurge, I would be excited. The fake chest is honestly pretty laughable because of how many people shit all over Sunsurge for it, and are now gobbling it up like an extra helping of fat inducing stuffing on Thanksgiving.

So weird but what can you do.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  6. CowardlyZebra

CowardlyZebra Regeneration One Apologist

They should have gave Chip loose leg joints for realism points

• Like Like x 6
  7. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    happens all the time. bad when 3rd parties do it. great when takara does it. crazy world

• Like Like x 1
  8. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

My first impression was "Oh. It looks like they made a few improvements to Sunsurge." Am I the only one who thinks that is not necessarily a glowing endorsement?
    For some reason, I really liked Tigertrack, but found Sideswipe disappointing. I finally figured out that it was because Sideswipe's face sculpt looked too stoic for his cartoon portrayal. (Tigertrack? No cartoon portrayal, so no problem with the idea of him looking that way.)
    I hope the renowned TT MP cleverness comes through and it is not nearly as explosive as SunSurge.
    I have Sunsurge, and I am...currently on the fence about this guy.
    I'm crossing my fingers that they'll leave the Autobot symbol as a sticker for the red version to better go with Tigertrack, but I doubt that will happen. (Hmm. I already appear to be leaning toward one side of the fence.)
    If you are looking for 100% toon accurate, then yes, TT are better across the board compared to MP-alikes. But if you are looking for something else, then that is not necessarily the case.

I made the mistake of buying MP-36 before I bought Quakeblast. With QB in hand, I realized (comparing him to my previously purchased MP-29) that I didn't want a lavender, thin-legged representation of the cartoon character who couldn't defend himself against the female Autobots, but an upgrade to the dark purple toy that I have owned since around 1985 that better represents the coldly logical 'Con in the comics that wrested leadership from Megs. If I had realized that before I picked up MP-36, then I might have been smart enough to pass on him and just get my old G1 out of storage until I could decide on a similarly "upgraded" 3P representation. Unfortunately, I have already scratched the paint a few places on MP-36, so I don't know how much of a loss I would have to take by selling him.

9. Khaotika

Khaotika Fetch The Bolt Cutters

Looks good. Wish it were Hound or Mirage, but I'm not complaining, because it means we're down to 9 Autobots left to complete the '84 catalog. I don't have much faith in the mini-bots showing up... prove me wrong, Takara, prove me wrong!

Hound or Trailbreaker most likely.

• Like Like x 3
  10. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Sooooo, is any part of the robot mode real? This thing looks like AoE leader Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. SMB73

SMB73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Well, glad I haven\'t picked up either 3P version yet. Guess I\'ll be waiting just a little bit longer. 

13. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I feel like when these AWESOME masterpiece molds hit I see alot of the same folks saying \"geewun sucks\" clamoring for the new fig.  They should be banned from purchasing them lol  and that would end the debate on movie vs cartoon lol.

14. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That could be an insta-buy ya' know.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A very left-field announcement. I have Sunsurge and like him a lot (just to get that out of the way) but I'm seeing good and bad things in the TT version.

I'm not keen on the face, the gun is smaller than I'd like and, like Megatron, he seems to have a lot of panel lines. It just looks a bit messy.

On the other hand, proportions are good, pose-ability looks excellent and the car mode is sweet. I hope QC is better than Ratchet, as that had joints crumbling out of the box.

I'll certainly buy it, and I'm thrilled that TT are still chipping away at the car-bots. My main concern is the massive price-hike TT have been shoving down our throats lately. If this tops £70 I might have to pass. I really hope he's in line with other bots his size.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I laugh more at the ones that need to bring up that stupid theme when it won't end and nobody will resolve their problems in every forum and it does nothing with the thread.

• Like Like x 1
  17. dbae14

dbae14 Special Ops

Unless we see a quote from Lamborghini or TakTom, we really can't know, but it would be a lot harder to place the Lamborghini and Countach emblems on the cartoon or toy accurate rear end.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It looks pretty good. My only reservation is the very simple cartoony head feels too soft compared to the hard angles of the body. And the grey face is not going to match Sideswipe, otherwise it's pretty keen. Chip Chase and the alien mask are awesome accessories!

• Like Like x 6
  19. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I feel like when these AWESOME masterpiece molds hit I see alot of the same folks saying \"geewun sucks\" clamoring for the new fig.  They should be banned from purchasing them lol  and that would end the debate on movie vs cartoon lol.

20. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I see the pin you're talking about - sure hope that's for an ab crunch! Also, good call on the possibility of a hand/nozzle swap! I'm thinking the big Autobot signal on his chest will definitely be tampoed, with maybe an optional toon sticker to place over it (isn't that how Inferno was? Can't remember...)

Anyone see if there's word on a release date for this? Before the end of this year, I hope? Inferno was revealed last May and was released before Christmas so I'm hoping Sunstreaker follows that pattern.

I've gotta admit, as a guy who's been called a "white knight" enough times on this board, I'm not a huge fan of the fake chest and there's no denying its similarities to the 3P figure, but I love the official's head/face sculpt and thinner feet. I'm real curious to see how those intakes work in bot and car mode, though I do think it's a shame they aren't more prominent in is bot silhouette. This guy still ticks some big boxes for me, og diaclone carbot, yellow (really pops on the shelf), super articulate, cartoon references, and Sideswipe's long awaited bro. Bring it on!

• Like Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.