MP-27 Ironhide Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lizardsaur, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Ahh, that new car smell...

2. Arie

Arie One Man Army

News Credits:
    I received mine this morning. In short, Ironhide looks absolutely great in both modes. He looks so much better in hand than on any of the official photos. The transformation is ingenious and fun. Everything fits together perfectly, it is almost magic. The amount of accessories is over the top. They allow for so many display options. Ironhide has a nice weight and he is very posable. To my own surprise, Ironhide may very well be my favorite Masterpiece thus far. At least until Ratchet arrives. ;)  The mold and color seem to work even better for Ratchet. Ironhide is a must have in my humble opinion!

3. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

Fuckin'-A, Bot Marley! Cool animation! The background music was a nice touch also.

Just got mine yesterday and he rules! Just to think all the months of bitchin' for nuthin'! :lol 

4. chucksbikeorama

chucksbikeorama Decepticreep

Wow this mod is all sorts of WTF is happening, but the results are amazing

5. TylerB

TylerB We all know they're supposed to be chrome.

Can't wait to add Ironhide to this shelf, standing next to Prime backing him up. Prime here is briefing the rest of the Bots about Hide's coming delivery.

Attached Files:

6. firetruckprime

firetruckprime Autobot

Which one is Dion
    [​IMG]

7. Flash1087

Flash1087 Maybe in an Alternate Dimension

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got mine today and I couldn't be happier. He's the MP I've wanted most since Wheeljack came out and he's so awesome in-hand. Has anyone tried the fan mod I saw on Instagram where they flip his waist panels up? I kinda like the way it looks but I hear it limits articulation.

8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    What are the chances of Ironhide being rereleased by Hasbro?

9. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    chances are good!

10. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    Sarcasm... just calling it like I see it.

11. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Love it, Bot Marley! Awesome work! Definitely got me pumped.

I've no doubt this guy will get an eventual TRU release. The Datsun bros got releases and this guy's licensed by the same company. But... why would anyone wait for that? You can get him now for less than $80 shipped. Based on the Datsuns' TRU prices I don't think Ironhide/Ratchet will be any cheaper than ordering through an Asian dealer now and using EMS shipping. Plus you'll get him in hand many months or even years before he ever gets a TRU release and likely have a classier, maybe even higher quality product with no worries about distribution and availability.

12. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

Ah, mine rocked up not long ago and he's totally got rid of of the disappointment of Tracks. Transformation wise there's a lot of good stuff going on, barring some initial stiffness folding the back of the van round to be his inner chest it all worked superbly.
    The looks in both modes are pretty much perfect, and i'm really impressed at just how well he cleans up in bot mode.
    The hip skirts........aren't the best but in hand I've got to say they do not bother me at all. They do limit the sideways articulation but only at high kick levels but you can get 45 degree each way, which is enough i think. Bum wheels are a non issue.
    It just looks and feels like this IS Ironhide, which is all I wanted.
    And you get a sled load of accessories too.
    Very, very happy right now.

13. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Just stuck this in the Masterpiece Appreciation thread but maybe you might want to read/see it here too:

Right, my Ironhide came today! He's a really nice sold figure. The van mode is excellent, with a nice glossy red paint job all over. The the transformation is really fun and clever, I think I liked the way the legs work best,they are really solid and the ankle tilt give awesome stability. Its robot mode there I have issues, first the good stuff. His face is way better than early indications suggested, both faces really capture the character well. His accessories are fantastic, so may possibilities, I'm really not sure how I'm going to display him and I'm sure I'll pay arounds with his pose a lot. Plus the tray is is a fantastic idea, with all this stuff its great to have somewhere to store it. For me the robot mode starts to go wrong in the mid section. The hip kibble, butt wheels, voids and gaps on the flanks and upper chest and forearm windows are all issues to me. I really dislike all that stuff, it just looks bad and it's really hard to hide or ignore when posing him. In short there's loads I like about him but overall there are glaring issues that sort of ruin the figure for me.

Therefore my verdict is, he has a really fun transformation, loads of great accessories, looks great from certain angles, is really fun to play with and pose, but he's just not everything I wanted him to be. If I were to give him a rating I'd give him no more than a 7/10.

n.b. just realised that somewhere in my transformation the little fake licence plate bit got tucked back under so you cant see it in these photos, Im not gonna reshoot them so deal with it lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fleebnork

Fleebnork Well-Known Member

Hi guys, this is my first post. I've been lurking for a long time, but I thought I'd share a couple photos of Ironhide bustin' Decepti-chops with Bluestreak (Diaclone 4 lyfe).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have mixed feelings about Ironhide. I really like how the torso folds together and the way they got the entire top half of the van to tuck together is some great engineering. I'm not bothered by the hip skirts and butt wheels.

The loads of accessories are nice, but the half-assed tray would be helped a lot if they had fully committed to the throwback to the G1 toy. Mine is going to stay in the box. It's a nice nod, I guess.

I'm not fond of the legs from the knee down. I know they're just going for the toon look, but they look really clunky compared to the rest of the figure. The legs do pose well, though.

Anyway, I'm overall pretty happy with it, and I'm looking forward to Ratchet.

15. Grimlock75

Grimlock75 Well-Known Member

Got mine yesterday, mixed feelings, quality is good but not feeling the nappy pants :peoples:  ..few pics with the bots i've got lying around

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Goldmonkey69B

Goldmonkey69B Well-Known Member

17. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is that Grimlock the MP version?

18. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    As amazing as it looks , I just can't drill holes , and cut pieces of plastic , into a brand new figure .

19. Grimlock75

Grimlock75 Well-Known Member

It's Reximus prime, he's alot bigger than MP-08

20. agentcastle

agentcastle crotchimus prime

sure you could..., but if you're like me... it aint coming out lookin' like that dude's... hopefully some KO company will make the fixes cuzz I love MP ironhide from waist up... cant stand dem farty pants though...

may still get him and hide the lower extremities with smaller figures cuzz dome of those group shots are really nice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.