MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You like some expensive candles, man…

2. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:

Yes, what a well argued and well written rant. You've totally won me over. Still didn't get to the "why 3" question but I guess I'm just not mentally agile enough to get the reference.

Oh, by the way.....here's how: dat fat face and dem chicken legs.

And you do care. I care enough to add another waste of time/typing to the ignore list I guess. See you next Tuesday.

3. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Attached Files:

4. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Ok. Now that's looks… not good. I'm cool missing out on that.

5. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
  6. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    So beautiful.

7. chockey88

chockey88 koolkollectibleskhai

Love these higher res pics!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. chockey88

chockey88 koolkollectibleskhai

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    have fun.
    By the way: face and legs always better than toyworld one.
    bye

10. down_shift

down_shift Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure if this is posted yet.

[​IMG]

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best.....MP.....ever!!

12. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm assuming the proto exosuit figure isn't exactly finished. Spike or Daniel, that is some kind of mushroom head.

[​IMG]

13. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Yeah, I won't be missing that battle mask. MPs are cartoon homages to me anyway, but even so, that just doesn't look good.

Can anyone tell if Spike is removable from the exo-suit? Kinda looks like the helmet can flip up on the rear, but hard to say at this point. I guess I don't care either way. Even if he's removable I'm going to leave him in.

This is all really better than I could have hoped for. As much as I loved G1 TF toys growing up, I always wanted them to be more. I'd look at my GI Joes and all their articulation and then look at my mostly immobile TFs and feel disappointed. I'd watch the cartoon every weekday morning or afternoon and then look at my TF toys which barely resembled them and feel disappointed. Well, my inner 7 year old is disappointed no more.

14. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks superb overall! Much better than I expected. Also, I seem to be one of the few that really like the rotating panel on the chest.

I like them, for the simple reason that they will allow much more articulation and a 90-degree rotation of the thighs. One of my pet hates with the Datsuns, as much as I love them, is that their legs are limited in thigh articulation because the pelvis gets in the way - it looks like BB won't have that problem.

It's weird, but to me it looks like the pin hole in the knuckles is fake, and that there is no hand articulation. There's a plastic indentation where the pin should be, but it look as though the fingers are moulded to the thumb. It could be just a prototype thing, where the prototype material was too fragile to add the pin, I suppose. It definitely looks as though his wrists don't rotate. That's a shame (I'm a sucker for full articulation) - his hands in general seem very much like Frenzy and Rumble's.

I disagree about him looking worse than Bii - I think this looks fantastic - but I am in too minds about the standard face. The chin and mouth look off, like Sideswipe's, but maybe it will look better painted and it looks better in some pictures than others. I like the smiling face a lot, though.

That looks great! Although it's weird that the head crest uses the cartoon design (three stripes) instead of the triangle like the toy. It's a real pity that this is an Amazon exclusive, though - I really think this should have come with the figure as standard. Oh well, I'll just have to find somewhere I can get the face from - I loved the G1 toy face because of the early Marvel comics. Hopefully Dr Wu will make some variants, too.

Heh, here's three examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The top one is how I always think of 'Bee, and unfortunately the standard face of the MP doesn't really capture it.

One weird thing I noticed about the transformation is that the front part of the windshield frame is cut away:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I'm with you man, I think it's an excellent touch and something I expect they'll use with Hound too at some point. When the colour shots are out is the time to really judge....at the moment the proto grey does it no favours....at all.

16. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that's because the top panel of the hood (covering the leg joints) folds underneath the windshield in bot mode. I'm really curious about the rest of the transformation. The back half seems to fold up like magic!

17. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Good assessment, Ambitron. I usually agree with you. That cutout on the windshield frame is for the two hood panels that fold away to make room for his legs and ankles. I wonder if those panels fold into the feet or flip under the windshield, like someone else suggested.

I think paint will do the face a lot of favors. Hasui nailed the shape of his head and how it's make of all the polygons, but I was really hoping for a stubbier nose. Eyes look better, though.

Can't wait to drool over him and Wheeljack on my shelves this Christmas.

18. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Anyone have a spare change of pants? I need two.

19. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The standard face does appear to be 'creased' right across in line with the mouth. Hopefully it's just a trick of the light, as the smiley face doesn't seem to be as badly affected. If we're being picky, yeah the nose is a bit thin. Overall though, I like it. Could have been a lot worse (at least he doesn't have the Sideswipe/Starscream pout lips!).
    Yeah, notice when you look at the head profile there's two pins. The front section of the helmet (in front of the seam) is on the forward pin; it's quite thin plastic so you just need to persuade it outwards a bit at one side - enough to slip over the pin end, and it will come off. :thumb 

20. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, might be time for me to make a Bumble Bee background like what I did with Wheeljack.

[​IMG]

Naaaaaa, nobody gives a shit about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.