MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    My ebay seller (Toyercity) said they were packing them today and will ship tomorrow. So I have to wait until sometime next week to get him. I just got my Mega Drive Megatron and have some SW toys coming in so I'll have to make due til then!

2. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    My MP Bumblebee shipped today. WHOO-HOO :rock 

3. kamtimus_prime

kamtimus_prime Radicon Visionary

I bit on the eBay auction, and won. I can't believe I stole it for $59. Just tracked it and it's in Flushing NY so I should have it by the weekend.

4. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i dont know what they were trying to do with the exosuit.. and i think i wont add him in the showcase. i dont like it.. maybe after a few days but atm it sux..

5. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    My 2 BB's shipped from AE. Unfortunately, it looks like it's being shipped to my old address and apparently mail forwarding doesn't include parcels... booooo!

My only hope is my old neighbor knows the new owners and can hopefully get the parcel from them when it comes in, or at least the delivery slip and I'll pick it up myself.

6. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

My MP BB still shows as in warehouse for BBTS...I wonder if its cuz I got the battle mask Bee

7. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Just received my MP Bee's. First impression, love it! It's so little haha, but there is something so satisfying about holding it in the palm of your hand!

I was also right about my assumption. All the little imperfections I saw in close-up photos aren't that noticeable to the naked eye.

For instance, the face. It's very small so the sharpness is just fine. Also the white looks more like a light grey in person. It's almost the same color as Spikes exo-suit.

And I'm sorry to all the haters, but the Exo-Suit Spike is frickin' rad!!! Love it!! I want a whole squad of Exo-Suit humans now! Also, the lack of face paint doesn't bother me, it's so small, I mean smaller than a M.A.S.K figure head, so it just looks impressionistic at that scale.

Paint looks great in Alt mode. Haven't transformed Bee yet.

The one thing that is strange is that the yellow paint appears to be two different shades depending on the part it's painted over. Paint over Translucent plastic is more vibrant yellow than the paint over yellow plastic. It's a tad more noticeable than Sideswipe was.

Not the end of the world.

Alright back to work and hopefully have a chance to sit down with it tonight.

8. Stratolily

Stratolily Autobot Girl

9. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

Yeah Paul (Optibotimus) is awesome. Does some great reviews. I try to find his before I buy a toy, he gives great insight into the toys.

Best Regards,

10. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My delivery was actually attempted yesterday but I was not home so I picked him up on my way home from work today.

[​IMG]

11. jayman118

jayman118 Well-Known Member

Ive also ask this from wheeljack thread before they announce exhaust, so any possible repaints for bee? i think if i remember, g1 fans don't want cliff jumper as a repaint. I dont know much about g1 and cliff jumper but what now then?

12. SkywarpsNipples

SkywarpsNipples ホンマおもろい人やね〜

News Credits:
    It would be an awkward and unlikely repaint since Cliffjumper and Bee are two completely different cars with defining features in both modes. The problem with making CJ however is the fact that his alt design is based off the Choro-Q 928 which would create realistic scaling problems with the other cars. They could use the design since it's their IP (aside from the Porsche license), but the fact remains that they've used real world designs for the cars thus far so scale for one mode would have to be sacrificed.

I'm hoping for a G2/Glyph/Bug Bite repaint or Goldbug retool myself

13. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Next month? How slow of shipping did you get?

14. danny boy

danny boy Banned

News Credits:
    I agree that MP's have deeper, darker, and richer colors but Bumblebee doesn't fit that description. The best I can describe the color is Bright Amber. It's actually pretty bright and when looking at the shelf it sticks out. Trailbreaker77's picture above captures the true life color of BB but not the brightness. Can't really describe it further just have to wait until more people have it in hand. Really disappointed in what should have been an easy color choice. Great figure otherwise.

15. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Alright, I'm gonna say it. Bumblebee is now my favorite MP Transformer.

You have to get it in hand to really see it's brilliance.

Wow! It's really stunning. The transformation is so deceptively simple and intuitive and it looks like Bumblebee stepped off the screen.

Argh! Man, I can't wait to see what Takara does with Hound, Mirage, Ironhide/Ratchet and the rest of the cast.

I'm way more impressed by Bee than I was by Wheeljack. Good stuff.

16. Underwear

Underwear Banned

News Credits:
    Why didn't you change & update to your new address before ordering? You could`ve avoided this unnecessary headache.

17. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I preordered before we sold our old place and since then have bought and moved into a new house.

I've changed my details on my account with AE when we moved but I guess this order still had the old address and I either didn't notice or it didn't show the old address when I asked them to ship the order.

18. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    I have exactly the same problem. I moved house since pre-ordering both MP Bee and MP Ultra Magnus with AE, and although I updated both my shipping address and my billing address with the move, evidently with AE pre-orders are hard-linked to the previous address, even after updating an account.

No, to be fair, I was extremely quick on the trigger when it came to hitting the shipping button last Thursday, and I get the feeling either the 'item in stock' listing or the 'pay for shipping' listing did in fact have a small 'change shipping address' button which I missed in my haste. Gonna look out for this when shipping UM.

I did send AE a message, but no contact from them, which I sort of expected. Anyhow, I'm pretty lucky in that I moved within the same town, AND that my previous address was served by what I consider to be the world's best and most accommodating delivery guy! This is a guy who actually used to call me on the phone to ask me when the best day and time would suit me for him to make a delivery, and who, on occasion, has actually met me at the train station to bring me a delivery. I messaged him last night to tell him I was expecting a delivery at my old address in the next week or so, and he messaged me right back that transferring the package to my new address would be no problem at all. Funny thing: the delivery guy for my current address is his next door neighbor, and this guy is also superb, so I have no doubt I should get Bee in hand without too much hassle.

19. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Ya I'll be much more attentive when I go to ship MP UM, if there's a change of address option, I'll make sure to find it.

Luckily I still see my old Neighbor often and he's met the new owners a few times so I hope we can sort out any errant parcels.

20. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    I changed my address on Bumblebee and Magnus a month ago
    but there is a forwarding in place at my old address. We'll soon see if it worked at their end or not.

Edit - scratch that. Just seen it's going to my old place lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.