MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    its laughable that the auction is up to $86...dont they realize its going to be out in a few weeks, SEALED, for less? What people will do to get one a few weeks early.

2. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know, it's crazy. I put them on my eBay Watch list thinking that if I could pick one up for £30 or less, I'd grab one as a spare, but the auction prices are now heading towards what it costs to buy BB sealed from a western store, and there are still two days left on the bids. Maybe all the bidders are in China, because anyone buying in the West is only going to receive it at best a week or so before the sealed version arrives. Barmy.

3. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah...maybe its people local to where the auction is located, but still.....for me personally, I'd rather wait. If it was a prototype or figure that was snuck out 2 or 3 months ahead of time I could maybe understand that, but with less than a month to go...its not worth it...and this figure isnt worth $86 based on his size alone....Im paying $64 pre order for him, but no way $86.

4. wildfly

wildfly Waiting for Gobot.

News Credits:
    Believe it or not, there are customs regimes worse than the UK.

The chance to get an item that isn't even released yet, with no retail packaging, and a low declared value, is a tempting one depending on where you live.

5. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

The alt mode looks so much like G1 Goldbug that I think its pretty safe to think we will get one...I wonder if we will get a Cliff out of this tho...that would be a lot more retooling

6. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

CJ is a Porche, is you look you can see the SD details that are molded in, even if some see the details are minute....they are there if you look at pics of CJ and the car together. Changing his alt mode would result in the spoiler becoming more fake than it already would be on a MP figure. Being the other cars you noted are hatchbacks, not a fastback, the Porche still has some semblance of a rear trunk car with a spoiler. On the Fiat or the Mini, the spoiler would be on the roof, or oddly hanging off the back under the rear window. This is MP not Alternity or Binaltech afterall, G1 source material and true alt modes are used. These aren't re-imaginings of the toys, these are modern updates on the toys, being what they were back in 1984 just modern engineering and articulation. The alt modes are what they were back when. We have many new lines that focus on re-imagining, if they started doing that with MP, I'd quit buying them.

It's because people are too fixated on Chibibee and not Beetlebee, they forget the real world proportions of the car.

And....How is the MP head not accurate?

7. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

If we get MP Cliffjumper, he'll be a different figure with a similar transformation scheme, just like G1. I guarantee it.

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, that is one serious backpack!

9. Incepticon

Incepticon A damn shame what this place has devolved into...

News Credits:
    My hope is that they approach CJ the same way they did with Prime and even Ultra Magnus - make an alt mode that looks realistic, but don't worry about it being an official licensed vehicle. Because as many people have pointed out umpteen hundreds of times already, CJ is supposedly a Porsche on paper only, but nothing changes the fact that he never, ever, ever, ever, ever actually looked like one. Ever. Ever. To suddenly get a shitty looking flattened out actual Porsche alt mode solely for the sake of the "it's a real world license!" angle would be more akin to a Binaltech/Alternators re-imagining than staying true to what Masterpieces are and how they look.

10. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

Huff is still one of my favorite figures. And I love that scale.

11. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

Does anyone know the actual release date for BB? I have had him Pre Ordered on BBTS since I believe May? So 6 months now, and still just says to be released in November. I have been wanting this figure since I found out about the Masterpiece line. BB is one of my all time fav's from G1. Thanks in advance for any information on it.

Best Regards,

12. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes I know it.

13. ambitron

News Credits:
    Mean. :) 

The release date is 29th November. I've had Bumblebee pre-ordered since the summer, too - summer 2013! I preordered when BBTS first leaked the news in June last year. Wow, a year and a half wait, that's got to be one of the longest.

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I agree with this statement

15. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

Thanks ambitron. Can't wait for him!

Best Regards,

16. Dean ML

What if they could make his bot mode look as accurate as they were able to make Bumblebee's?

17. Incepticon

Incepticon A damn shame what this place has devolved into...

News Credits:
    They couldn't, so respectfully, it's not even something worth speculating about imo. Physical limitations would undoubtedly apply, and there's just no way they could get that kind of 'screen accurate' barrel chest, blocky feet and the overall chubby proportions out of a flat 'real' alt mode. Like some of the customs we've seen here, what we'd get is something that could or does kinda, sorta, maybe resemble CJ, mainly due the the red & black coloring and head design, but wouldn't actually LOOK like him the way the other MP's so obviously do.

Also, this line is about BOTH modes looking as accurate as possible - not just one or the other. Having a CJ alt mode that looks nothing like CJ pretty much defeats the point. That, and there's no reason why CJ needs to be an official license. Prime & Magnus aren't, and they look just fine. We have some real licenses which is all sorts of awesome, but it's not a 'real license line' - which a lot of people seem to keep conveniently forgetting.

18. ambitron

News Credits:
    Personally, I hope they go for a heavily-modified 924 that looks like the one made by Spencer1984, here:

Porsche 924 "Cliffjumper"

[​IMG]

It might be difficult, but I don't think it would be impossible to get that transforming into something similar to MP-21. But Takara are in a bit of a no-win situation with Cliffjumper: no matter what they do, some will be unhappy. Although I personally wouldn't complain whichever route they took - a custom 924 kitted out to look chunkier would just be my preferred option. The trouble is that it's unlikely Takara would get a licence for a version of the 924 that never existed (Cliffjumper took details from several different modes), and I'd rather a made-up car than a 924 that doesn't look anything like Cliffjumper.

On another note, I really miss Hasui! Not because Kobayashi isn't equally awesome, but just because of Hasui's tweets. If he were still around, we'd be getting weekly pictures of Bumblebee on his Twitter feed from this point on, just as we did with all the Datsuns.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  19. Dean ML

Yeah, I don't see why if they can get a "stretched out" (real world) Beetle to turn into Bumblebee they can't get that to turn into a similarly proportioned Cliffjumper. I like Cliffjumper and would love for him to get the MP treatment, but if we never did I wouldn't lose sleep. Lots of other TFs I'd rather see. Of all the minibots, Brawn is the one I want most after Bumblebee.

20. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huffer for me since I had the G1 toy. Closely followed by Brawn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.