MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    It looks like painted silver.

3. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Like Bumblebee, this recent Spike pic is the best one yet. After Wheeljack, this is such an amazing surprised that these guys are turning out way better than I expected.

4. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, the second one.

5. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think TF Collector is talking about the front page - someone else got the news credit when TF Collector posted it first.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. Dean ML

Thanks for another amazing shot, Ambitron! I have to admit Bumblebee only makes me want Ironhide (and Ratchet) all the more. The importance of character, the variety in size... as bad as I want and need Megatron 2.0, I wouldn't mind if MP-25 is Ironhide. Not a bit.

7. ambitron

News Credits:
    I agree. If I were living in an ideal world, it would go like this: MP-25 Ironhide, MP-26 Ratchet, MP-27 Jazz, MP-28 Cliffjumper. (Admittedly, the Porsches don't add as much variation - but Prowl and Jazz, and Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, would look so good together, plus I love the characters.) I assume I'll be 50 before I get all of those characters from Takara, however. :( 

8. Dean ML

Fine by me! But... no Decepticons? I must be more excited than most about Skywarp. Overpriced or not, I'm just glad he's being made. Have to have him. If we can get Megatron, Ironhidee, and Jazz, our s1 lineup will have all the core characters (from my pov).

9. ambitron

News Credits:
    I'm more of an Autobot fan. Besides, with Skywarp, Hasbro Thudercracker, X-Transbots Megatron and Quakewave, I have most of the S1 Decepticon cast covered - I just need Reflector, the Insecticons and Devastator (I have 3P stand-ins for the last two, but they don't really cut it). Actually, I would *love* a Masterpiece Reflector - that would be my number one choice for the next Decepticon, but I can't see it happening. (I know you don't touch 3P stuff so have a few more gaps. :)  )

10. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Ah I see. Damn they look great together! That Dr Wu set is supposed to be due out this month, nice to see Bumblebee can still hold some things apart from his gun.

Ironhide as the next MP would be so amazing. Bluestreak needs his flying buddy!

11. Dean ML

It's funny with so few MP releases, I want it all, but then you start getting a bunch of Autobot carbots and you think "I wouldn't mind it going in this direction for a while!", then I look at my measly Decepticon ranks and think "I wouldn't mind a year or two of Decepticons!" then guys like Ratbat, exo suit Spike and Ultra Magnus come along and I think "I wouldn't mind getting movie/s3 bots for a while!" ... sometimes I'm glad those decisions are out of my hands!

12. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for sharing, Spike looks much better than I'd anticipated. Very nice.

They work so well together. What an incredible pic bt make me even more impatient for 'Bee to arrive.

Have to agree. An Ironhide and Ratchet are a must, although to be greedy can't we have the entire '84 cast yesterday? :) 

13. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    It is fun right now in how they can keep us guessing, especially since Star Saber is MP-24 and not some offshoot. He and MP-12G clearly demonstrate even more possibilities beyond US G1. Would Victory Leo be MP-30, crowning Victory Saber? Or Deathsaurus to counterbalance? Perhaps Super Ginrai in a list of supreme commanders? Maybe G2 Megatron in the place of G1?

Be warned anything is possible and there are sure to be some surprises in 2015 alone.

14. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Is it just me or is that Autobot Logo a little too big on the front of the car hood?.Also as someone else mentioned I would really like to see a KO of him as Herbie The Love Bug,and maybe a Bumblejumper repaint,those would be EPIC.

15. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Sorry bout that, didn't see you guys posts before I posted. Got a submission via email and came online right from there. Didn't do my pre game properly :) . Gave you both points.

16. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

I don't think so. But you know how opinions are.

[​IMG]

17. Randomtask

Randomtask Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Why does the hood seem so damned long on that one. Is it supposed to look like that.

that being said I will be purchasing this in the hopes that some third party out there does a better cartoon accurate head.

18. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

This might get rocks thrown at me, but since Cliffjumper's cartoon alt-mode is a Porsche in name only, I wonder if Bumblebee could be re-shelled into either a toon-accurate Cliff' or split the difference and do as close a real-world alt-mode as possible to his chibi form, like a mini-Cooper or a Fiat?

19. ambitron

News Credits:
    To match the real world alt mode:

[​IMG]

The head is cartoon-accurate:

[​IMG]

As has been said many times (rocks coming in your direction, watch out :)  ), that just won't happen in the Masterpiece line. I can't think of any Transformer figure that has ever been truly "re-shelled" anyway (re-tooled, yes, but one with a completely new vehicle put over the top of the same skeleton), because anything like that would involve *all* parts being remade to fit the new shell. Not to mention that Cliffjumper's biceps, crotch and other details are different to Bumblebee's. But a Cliffjumper MP either has to be a Porsche 924 or a made-up car that looks very much like a Porsche 924 but is boxier. Personally, I hope (and think) they'll go with the Porsche 924 if they can get the licence.

Attached Files:

20. ambitron

News Credits:
    Another picture courtesy of uranusdd, this time of Bumblebee with Huff(er):

[​IMG]

Perfect scale:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.