MP-21 Bumblebee G1 & G2

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Stryder Wolfe, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Instagram:
    So last week I noticed that MP Bumblebee's rear bumper has gone missing. After an exhaustive and fruitless search I've decided I need a replacement. Buying an all new Bumblebee is not out of the question but I am considering instead getting the G2 version for the included jet pack and silver faces. Can anyone who has both versions answer me, would the rear bumper from the G2 look too out of place on the original? From online pics it seems to be almost the exact same colour but it's hard to tell for sure. Thanks for any help!!

2. DesertDog

DesertDog is probably craving pork chops

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Interesting, I just looked at all four of my Bees and the G2 versions black plastic is noticeably darker than the TT Yellow, TT Red and Hasbro versions. I tried to take a comparison shot but my apartment has miserable light this time of year, which is probably why I never noticed this before. This is the best I could do. [​IMG]

The G2 is more black than the others which are more dark charcoal grey than true black.

All of a sudden I want to watch Archer. Tactleneck!

3. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Instagram:
    Thanks for the reply @DesertDog - that really helps! Wow I actually like the black on the G2 version a lot more. I wish they'd rerelease a version of MP-22 with that black and a brighter shade of yellow. Although the gold looks good too. I may have to buy both. :D  I'm sure the lost bumper will show up someday again though...I still haven't found it but in my searches I DID find MP-10 Prime's forefinger which was lost at LEAST two years ago...maybe more. I've long since bought the KFC replacement hands but it just goes to show...eventually, these things come out of hiding :D 

Anyhow....thanks again for the feedback and pic! Decisions, decisions...

• Like Like x 1