Mp-19+ Smokescreen

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    QQ

• Like Like x 4
  2. HolyCulture

HolyCulture I'm so much a toon guy that I framed Roger Rabbit.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Pssh to the naysayers. I’m doing my part. 2 will be preordered. It is exactly different in the ways that matter.

Yes I want smoke windows opposed to blue here because the animation was as such but I’m still happy to see a 18+ reveal. I still feel the windows will be smoked after all is said and done.

Mold changes? Awesome. Smoke effects? Sexual. Hopefully we get faces too.

• Like Like x 10
  3. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

As someone who just likes the toys and actually doesn't like the G1 cartoon at all, I don't care about the blue or gray or whatever windows. I just wish it was cohesive.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's up for preorder at TakaraTomy Mall this month.

They tend to not leave a lot of time between showing their exclusives and making them available for purchase.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Immutable opponent of negativity

YouTube:
    I still think, barring those logos in alt mode, that the original looks more toon accurate than the +.

• Like Like x 2
  6. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Lazy repaint/slight remold is lazy. I'm surprised the toon purists aren't more up in arms about this lol.

Happy for those that like him though and better than an unnecessary true V2.

7. Sam

Sam MP-44: 48 days

News Credits:
    For 19+, the blue painted taillights make the feet more toon accurate. The lack of white stripe on the hood also makes the chest more toon accurate. The smaller shoulder weapons are more toon accurate. The lack of a red stripe at the top of the doors is more toon accurate. The little flap between his feet and shins being red instead of blue is more toon accurate. The area around his neck being blue rather than black is more toon accurate. The bigger 38s are also more toon accurate.

For MP-19, the face matching the colour of the thighs is more toon accurate. The darker windows are also more toon accurate (though too dark).

I’d say 19+ wins in toon accuracy. Devil’s in the details.

• Like Like x 8
  8. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm with you all the way - two for me too. I'm actually surprised by how much I love this. In theory it does everything I hate: I always preferred the G1 toy/box art version of Smokescreen to the cartoon look (I never really liked the cartoon look for Smokescreen), I'm not a fan of the crazy large chins on some of the later MPs (and this is bigger than them all), and until recently I have preferred the more realistic alt mode look than the 'toon look (I'm gradually come around though). And yet... This thing just oozes personality. With this, Smokescreen may well be back to his rightful place as my favourite Datsun. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait, what?

Oh come on!

I'm going to buy this day 1.....

• Like Like x 2
  10. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Immutable opponent of negativity

YouTube:
    For me, the real kicker in cartoon accuracy is the sculpt. And to me, the old head, face, and shoulder cannons look closer to the animation. But the revamped colors look good too.

• Like Like x 3
  11. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Well neither is really toon perfect, no butt slap and of course the shape of his legs, which may never be repilicated, bUT it does comes closer. Who know, if a proper 2.0 ever comes, Bluestreak and Smokescreen could be designed with their proper differences versus Prowl.
    As far as being an unecessary 2.0,people have to decide for themselves, just like Sideswipe ,when the Generation line aimed at kids catches up to you, and there's not much difference in the engineering and capabilities , an update is probably a good thing for an adult collectible.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I'll fix that when I get this bad boy in hand!

[​IMG]

Can't wait!

• Like Like x 14
  13. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If a V.2 of the already awesome Datsuns comes out before the seekers I'm going smash a lot of my MPs....

• Like Like x 6
  14. smkspy

Are you saying Seige Sideswipe is just as complex as MP Sideswipe?

Honestly don't mind V2 editions, just there should be an appropriate time lapse between them and a justified complete REDESIGN. V2 Prime had this and so does V3. Defintiely need a Rodimus if when it comes to the V2 model.

15. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    Im the saying the gap between MP 12 and Seige Sidewsipe is no where it should be between an MP and a Generations toy. The original Hasui bot were pretty simply made to keep their price down and thats caught up with them in the last 5 years or so. In comparison to newer MPs they feel out of date across the board.

• Like Like x 4
  16. smkspy

I recall their price being more due to budget allowance than keeping the price down. True, they don't have the articulation of newer MPs, but out of date is a bit much. Are seige Sideswipe and MP Sideswipe that similar in articulation?

Edit: looking at pics of seige Sideswipe, I'm not seeing the comparison. The classics Sideswipe has greater and more dynamic articulation than him.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  17. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

I can use an actual Smokescreen right now.
    Winds just knocked over a large tree......ONTO MY FRAGGING CAR :mad: :mad: :mad: 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hans

Hans Secret Agent

Since Cheem hasn't done one yet and I made one for myself anyway.... comparison time!! :) 
    (I hadn't even noticed the guns are a new mold as wel.... and the feet do look a bit bland now. But I'm getting it anyway!)

Masterpiece 03.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  19. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to say that you cannot beat @Cheem The Rup - he did some comparisons here:

Mp-19+ Smokescreen

:) 

Yours is a good 'un to, though, the more comparisons the better!

The missiles on MP-19 suddenly look oversized. I don't mind the feet too much - I know what you mean about them seeming more bland, but they look like a nifty pair of red, white and blue trainers, so I'm good with that.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Love the all-in-one new shoulder cannons, but I wonder if they can be engaged in alt mode, too. Can't find a screen cap, but he did have his cannons out in car mode at least once or twice on the show. A bigger cutaway would have to be made for the cannons' armatures than the little slots on the original MP-19.

• Like Like x 6