MP-18 Streak/Bluestreak KO has been released

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Afrecho, Jun 7, 2014.

1. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Got mine today. My lambos were higher quality than the official ones. This is not the case here. The rear fender is loose, and the while back end doesn't peg that well. Paint has smudges in the gloss, and the launchers (thrilled to have them!) are loosely connected and split with any real pressure, so they don't sit too well. Overall, many parts almost look like they have heat damage. Warping and glue breakdown.

Gun and hand setup works, so I got the parts I need for my transplant, and he's fun to mess with. But this would make me think long and hard before I advise anyone to get these INSTEAD OF the authentic ones.

2. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Wow. Seems you got the odd bad apple. Other than the snap-on launchers (which I honestly don't care about anyway), mine is indistinguishable from the Takara product next to it.

3. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Hmm... Sounds like they got damaged in transit, sitting for weeks in an over 100 degree hot metal shipping container. The inner plastic tray for all my figures were warped, but that's the only heat damage that I saw

4. aledromo

This was my thinking, too. I think the lesson may be that if you're going to do this:

A) Quality is a gamble in general (even with Takara)

B) Order in cooler seasons.

5. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
  6. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    finally got mine. all the joints are perfect but the helmet crest is a mess. no detail on the center square and the indentions of the red crest are barely visible

7. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

Is the fact that the KO MP Sideswipe still seems widely available an indication that these Bluestreak and Prowl KOs will be available for a good while yet?

8. aledromo

I would tend to think so. They also seem to get kind of cheap after a while on the market before eventually heading back up to the $35-$40 range. Time it well.

9. Ricky_Stream

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

:-(

10. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I got my one today. Seems good so far. I was getting worried it would never come. Ebay deleted the listing a few days back, I was thinking the seller may be a scammer but it turned out fine.

11. shade360

shade360 Well-Known Member

Same happened to mine - ebay removed the guy - saying his account was used without permission?

12. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

snitches report ko sellers. this is why it's bad to mention them by name here. some people here even hate anyone that's not hasbro or takara.

13. Ricky_Stream

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so, is everyone's helmet like mine, or the square is perfect?

14. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    theyre all like that. the paint on the helmets is too thick. but its a KO, im cool with that. i just dabbed all the joints with future finish using a q tip, all the joints are money now.

15. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Mine is like that, too... But I can't see it from 3ft away while I sit at my desk. What I CAN see is the $20 to $40 I saved going ko over official

Yeah... I remember people sending me bitter pm's over my buying quakewave a few years ago, stating how positive they were that Takara shockwave would be announced any day... I'm still waiting...;) 

My ko neca turtles seller was recently banned from ebay, but he emailed me right after getting cut that my purchase has shipped, and that he "will give all support you need if problems with item" so I'm satisfied... Dude also has a shop on aliexpress, so I'll just go there for future ko purchases, and avoid the big brother eyes of ebay...

16. Ricky_Stream

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    if you guys are ok with it, great.

I, however, can no longer buy these KOs. i rather save a little more and have "perfection".

the only KOs i bought, were Sideswipe and this Streak, and to me, the cons are bigger than the pros.

17. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    To each their own... Honestly, my ko sideswipe looks better than my mp12, and my mp prowl has several paint bubbles whereas my ko bluestreak is damn-near perfect with the sole exception being the square on his forehead...

18. aledromo

Yeah, if Takara's were flawless I'd see going that route fully. But even their QA is iffy. Like you said, to each their own. Good to have options.

19. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I got around to reviewing it. The toy is 100% perfect in every way except the head is crap. It's a real pity. The worst head so far, still it's good for car mode I guess.

Video here

20. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

how is ko smokes head?