MP-18 Streak/Bluestreak KO has been released

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Afrecho, Jun 7, 2014.

1. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    gold huh? interested to see how that looks on a silver car...guess ill know in a few days...

[​IMG]

2. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I hope his means they might release this guy in Black Gold colors.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  3. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

4. gen1autobot

gen1autobot GEN1AUTOBOT

With the gold chrome shoulder missiles. You may not be able to tell, but there is sever mold degradation on the left launcher. It is bending downward and misshapen. Fortunately for me I have a spare set of these, so I just need to swap the gold tip on to a good launcher. Enjoy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. gen1autobot

gen1autobot GEN1AUTOBOT

I agree with you. I hope they release it in black gold as well.

6. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

Sweet. Mine should be here tomorrow or Wednesday...In JAMAICA, NY right now. My Prowl came with 1 silver chrome and 1 gold chrome (same seller) so hoping they made the same error on these extra pack ins... :) 

7. Peacefrog35

Peacefrog35 Well-Known Member

I remember seeing these cars all over the place in the 80s. It's funny, I said to my wife the other day that I've seen 4 within a week....strange.

8. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, what is your impression on him?

9. gen1autobot

gen1autobot GEN1AUTOBOT

This version of the mold seems to have tighter tolerances than the Prowl KO. This is a good thing if you ask me. The paint application was very well done, and if you look closely, you can actually see the "Z" logo plain as day on the bonnet/hood of the vehicle. Everything is centered and clearly defined. Another thing I will add is that this figure holds the weapon (gun) flawlessly. There were problems with securing the weapons in the hands of some of the Lambo ko's in the past. This one, probably also due to the tightness of the fingers, holds his weapon securely. So in short, joints are tight, details are there, and I really like the gold missiles paired with the black painted hood of the vehicle in robot mode. This is just my opinion, but I would recommend this one if you can get it. Not because it is a KO, but because the quality and attention to detail was apparently taken into consideration over the previous MP KO releases from the past. Suffice to say, these items are getting better and better. Notwithstanding, I would, for the most part, purchase an authentic version as well. I am just waiting for these to be released by Hasbro. Thus, I will have two of each of these molds.

10. Ricky_Stream

Ricky_Stream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good to know. Mine's still in transit...don't understand how you guys get things faster from china then me, when i'm closer....

11. deaculpa

News Credits:
    If anyone wants to trade a silver pair for a tricked-out gold pair of these, just
    ...*thinks of YotH Prime* ... nevermind. These will work fine :) 
    Hopefully I get one as good as yours, mines in NY too.

[​IMG]

12. gen1autobot

gen1autobot GEN1AUTOBOT

Here are a few more pics along side of the KO Prowl. I really like the black and gold on Bluestreak. Well, the missile accessories that is. You can also, I hope, see how the details of the "Z" tampo emblem have been improved for Streak.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. peaces

peaces Well-Known Member

can't wait for smokescreen

14. deaculpa

News Credits:
    the helmet/face paint looks a little gloppy compared to the real thing, is it just the photo?

15. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

Now that we're seeing better pictures of him, I'll ask again. Does anyone want to go in together for one for parts? I got a messed up head on my Takara one, and I don't really want to spend the full 40ish bucks for the knock off just for a head.

16. gen1autobot

gen1autobot GEN1AUTOBOT

Yes, it is just the photo. I used my phone to take the photos and the lighting conditions were not the best. I will say first and foremost, remember, these are not the authentic pieces, but they are really great for what they are. If you are even remotely like me, I don't expect much and when I get more than what I expected then I am satisfied. I was in South Korea in the late 90's to early 2000's and I bought and sold a lot of ko's at that time. These are nothing like the ones from the past. The attention to detail far exceeds the ko's or bootlegs of the days long forgotten. So being consumer of both the authentic and KO I will say that this is an outstanding "toy" but I will always prefer the original over the KO any day. Wait a minute, what does all of that have to do with your question? I think I answered that earlier in the post. LOL. All of you guys are awesome!!

17. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I wonder how those gold launchers will look with Goldswipe... is there a way to peg Datsun launchers onto the Lambo mold?

18. gen1autobot

gen1autobot GEN1AUTOBOT

That would be something to see. Perhaps the tips can be exchanged between the two if the Goldswipe missile consists of two pieces that can be separated. I will try it and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the idea. Gotta love ko's and the fandom, you guys come up with some pretty cool concepts.

19. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I'd be interested in getting his rifle

20. Necromancyr

Necromancyr Well-Known Member

Damn. Got mine but no missile pods. Great figure though...

Any suggestions for replacements for the pods? I have two from Prowl. Debating getting replacements for prowl or the Dr. Wu set for Bluestreak