MP-14C Clampdown

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by optimalprimus, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Noobimus Prime

Noobimus Prime Well-Known Member

I think you're making a good decision. My original plan was to just stay with bots that were on the show and stay away from anything diaclone and G2 but then Exhaust came along. At first I wasn't going to bite but I wanted to beef up my decepticon ranks so I purchased him. G2 side swipe came next because I thought he looked like he could be an original character. Next thing you know Tigertrack, road rage, Blue blue streak, Clampdown and red BB made their way in to my collection. I think I'll draw the line at powered convoy though. the almost 200 dollar price tag is a bit of a deterrent for me there

2. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Great read, Maz :thumb 

3. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Cheers Sam, was a blast to write!

If I can't write about Diaclone any more, this is a perfect and current substitute :) 

All the best
    Maz

4. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Yeah don't forget your Who Is Tigertrack article sold me on MP-12T. I feel like it's important to get these MP articles from you, you're like the caretaker of all that is Diaclone. Even though I have no interest in the upcoming Diaclone reboot I'm still looking forward to checking out your article on the subject.

Unfortunately for me I'm out of the Diaclone game for the moment, unless it's a repaint I just can't resist. I've enjoyed Clampdown vicariously through yours and Sixo's photos.

One thing I'd like to see is the four Diaclone Autobots stacked on Ultra Magnus's trailer, although I suppose you're waiting for Movie Preview MP-22 for that particular shot!

5. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'm sure I can accommodate :) 

All the best
    Maz

6. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome job on that photo shoot and article, Maz! Thank you so much! I swear, all the great work that both you and Sixo do can cause sensory overload and a bad urge to throw money at the screen. :) 

7. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Thank you! I won't pretend it doesn't make me smile every time someone is enabled into a purchase :lol 

All the best
    Maz

8. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

9. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Well I do want them to do Sideswipe in his OTHER G2 colour scheme... the unreleased one. Then we can be done.

10. Destronus

Destronus Ay up

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice setup :) 

11. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I do genuinely think having come this far with the Lambor repaints, it would be harsh not to do Deep Cover eventually. For me, it'd be like skipping Dirge off the end of the Conehead retools. Not that that hasn't happened before...

All the best
    Maz

12. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

Hey! That Sideswipe sans logo looks sharp! Was that easy to remove?

[starts reading article]
    "...show exclusive faction-less Lambor..."
    [stops reading article]

Dang it. :( 

[google search...finds Maz article from January 2015]
    "...isn't the official release...lottery...thin on the ground..."

Drat. I guess my "factionless" faction will remain stuck at Tigertrack and Silverstreak. Although a factionless Bluestreak would have been made more sense, TT. (I can't quite take G2 'Swipe seriously with that red plastic in the undercarriage.)

13. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Haha excellent detective work, and wow it's been a YEAR already since I bought that factionless Swipe? Blimey.

I agree that it would have been preferable to have Bluestreak sans logo, but hey at least they got the Prowl head and waist right. That in itself caused delay enough as I understand it.

All the best
    Maz

14. MENGATRON

MENGATRON The Man W The Golden Dick

I've had a previously immutable policy to never to pay more than $55 shipped for an MP car robot. I broke it to buy Clamp Down cuz I need every Diaclone repaint (and he's badass looking). Do you guys think $70 shipped is reasonable? I found him on Amazon for that shipped.

15. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Seems reasonable, but be aware that of all the MPs Clampdown is probably one of the most likely to be on sale at some point, he's just not that desirable. It might be worth waiting for a price drop (that's kind of what I'm doing, maybe).

16. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's what I'm doing as well. I mean, I absolutely want him. I love Diaclone inspired decos. I love retroactive G1 characters. He hits those marks. However, I jumped quick on Bluestreak and I could have saved a bit by being patient and waiting for a sale.

17. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    This is it. So far the only of these retroactive G1 cars that didn't go on sale are Tigertrack and Exhaust, I believe? Although Exhaust is still available pretty cheap on HLJ. Sunstorm and Nemsis Convoy, though, are pretty hard to track down.

The only thing I can imagine making Clampdown more desirable is when his partner Deep Cover is finally released, though I wouldn't expect that until at least the end of the year.

It'd be pretty cool to get black Ironhide, black Tracks, and another black Sideswipe in the same year now wouldn't it?

18. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How low did Blue Bluestreak go? I think I remember $65 for a long time, maybe $60 on a one day sale. Is that right?

I finally caved on Clampdown at $70 on eBay. Figured $5 more is close enough without having to a) stalk for a sale or b) wait 18 months to get him

19. Bozo

Bozo Autobot Knight Corps

I limit my MP holds to one a piece(try to anyway). But I have only broken this rule once when I double dipped on the Datsun mold because I couldn't resist the first Bluestreak and wanted Prowl at the very least.

I just broke this rule again for the second time. Just brought Clampdown after my Sideswipe. I was never going to say no to a police deco of the sideswipe mold/future police sunstreaker/ police Jazz. Sideswipe was one of only three transformers I ever owned as a kid so has sentimental value. There was no way I wasn't getting Sideswipe either.

I don't like the Red alert character but I can dig the Clampdown one.
    Been waiting and hoping for this ever since TigerTrack was announced along time ago. Will get Deep cover as well because of the character.

Apply days:) 

20. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    I hope he does get really cheap, as I showed in my last post on this thread(#405) my Clampdown came with Sideswipe's head instead of a black version of Red Alert's. I like it because it's toy accurate, but I really want a proper one as well.