MP-14C Clampdown

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by optimalprimus, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Ragnar

Ragnar Fun with G1

Ebay:
    LOL! I love MP Silverstreak. He's super stunning when you see him in person. The silver just sparkles. I don't plan to pick up MP regular Bluestreak since MP Silverstreak is a suitable substitute and I also have MP blue Bluestreak.

I'm still not quite convinced that Clamp Down can be a replacement for Red Alert in the same way that Silverstreak can be a replacement for Bluestreak. Likely I'll end up snagging MP Red Alert in a slower month in 2016 when there are not so many other MP releases.

2. Exodus

Exodus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, I need to pick up another RA :p  I'll grab the second CD hopefully during a sale :p 

3. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Sideswipe KFC hands will work just fine for any Lambor mold carbot including Clampdown.

4. PostwarOcean

PostwarOcean Newb

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Ugh, yea I need to get Prowl and Smokescreen....

5. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

Oh gods I am such a repaint whore. I have all 5 Fairlady's and love each in their own way. I have really been looking forward to Clampdown. Part of it may be that I tend to display my Carbots in car form, so each looks distinctive. About the only repaint that has sofar not tempted me is the Red Bumblebee. (too costly for no new or even old extras)

6. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Lambor mould is one of my favourites, but even so I was unsure of getting Clampdown given that he is not a proper G1 character and so doesn't really scratch my nostalgia itch (not having known about Diaclone as a kid). However, in hand, he is truly glorious - one of my favourite uses of the mould.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Defender

Defender Member

can someone show how clampdown bio card look like.

8. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Clamp Down & Red Boby are coming todaaaaaay!

(Does happy dance)

My AmiAmi order with Road Rage is just entering customs, so with the holiday tomorrow I don't think it'll be showing up until Saturday.

9. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Best pics of him so far. Thanks for making me regret passing on him :thumb 

Pretty sure it's the same as MP-14's bio card, just painted differently. Of the Diaclone repaints only Exhaust and Road Rage have their cards in the new artwork style.

10. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I have to say Clampdown's hands are utter garbage on mine. I thought my used Tigertrack had it bad. He actually holds his gun better as a club than as a gun. Guess that makes him a constable.
    I'm sure only the non exclusive releases are getting special artwork. G2 Bumble also got his own art.

11. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Yep. Clampdown suffers the same gun in hand-itis that MP Red Alert suffers from after all they're the same mold. Only remedy is a pair of MP14/MP12 hands from KFC.

12. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    My original-run Red Alert can hold his gun just fine. I got a pair of the KFC hands and they aren't perfect - the right hand can hold the gun, but not straight, and the left hand can't hold a gun at all.

13. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Ambitron - where'd you pick up your Clampdown from, if you don't mind me asking?

Lovely pics!

14. ambitron

News Credits:
    Thanks! I always end up buying the repaints and usually regret it, but I love this guy. The colours just work, and because he's sort of a cross between Prowl and Red Alert, he somehow feels as though he *should* have been a G1 Transformer even though he wasn't. Also, I'm trying to work out whether his head is painted or not - it's a very glossy black. In fact, looking at the texture on one side, I'm pretty sure it is painted. It looks great. He does have the problem holding his gun, though.

It is indeed:

[​IMG]

Thanks! These were taken with the filter and lens you recommended, but I had a difficult time getting decent light, and still need to master the ISO etc, so am a looooong way from achieving your quality. :) 

I got Clampdown from Kapow.

Attached Files:

15. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I wonder if this means that MP cards are going back to their old artwork?

16. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    OK thanks! Still waiting on mine.

And you can totally see the difference in the quality of your pics! If it helps, try and keep the ISO as low as poss (high ISO means grainier pics) and instead work with either the aperture (the F stop number) or shutter speed to increase / decrease the light. In natural daylight, I normally manage to shoot on roughly 100 - 150 ISO, and I use a low F stop number as I like a blurry look that comes from a narrow depth of field. It can mean a slightly longer exposure, but the results are worth it, IMO. :) 

17. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Finally got my CD the day before NYE. He's terrific looking but how many of these Clampdowns have his lightbar on backwards? A quick fix, but funny that I even caught it last night as I was drunk at the time. It definitely looks better sitting flush with the roof. He's way nicer looking than Red Alert.

Too bad I didn't think to order another set of KFC hands for him though as he has the worst gun/hand compatibility of any of my Lambos. I might as well get another three sets, I don't have Tigertrack yet and I will be waiting anxiously for Deep Cover.

I know he's a repaint but would it have killed them to put the correct head on his card art? Minor complaints though, I have no regrets picking this figure up.

18. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, they are just re-coloring the existing cards rather than paying for new art. They did the same thing with Blue Bluestreak after the cards had changed with Ultra Magnus.

19. ambitron

News Credits:
    Great, thanks! I'm making a note of that and I'll practise a bit tomorrow. I'm often too lazy to set up my tripod, but I'm not steady enough to take longer exposure shots without it, so I'll have to crack it out!

Dammit! Mine has the backwards lighter too! I would never have noticed if you hadn't said and if I hadn't then compared it to Red Alert's. How do you fix it, though? I can't see any way of getting to the screw without knocking the pin out for the entire roof assembly.

20. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    No screwdrivers required, just fingernails. It plugs into the Lambo moulds weapon port and just pulls straight out. You can put it on any Lambo, I tried it on Sideswipe. I bet G2 Sideswipe looks all kinds of Bad Cop with one on.