MP-14+ Anime Color Alert (TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xdmisato, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bozo

Bozo Autobot Knight Corps

I agree. This is an option alongside the existing releases and no one is telling you to buy these. What the f--k is wrong with the human race that always needs the newest toy and this entitlement to have to have everything?. Have some humility and appreciation for what you have rather than what you want. F---ktard kids!!!. Like a disease to this planet.

2. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Exactly, Dean ML, if you don't like it, don't buy it, it's that simple, no one is forcing you to do so, criticisms are welcome though! I hope you enjoy your 'Quakewave killer', Dean ML, I know I am!

:D ;) 

But, yeah, I'm pleasantly/unpleasantly surprised. Just the other day FT released an improved version of my favourite dino and now TT release an improved/different version of my preferred character of the Lambor mold. I wonder if this means we'll be seeing more toon accurately coloured MP's in the future. Worrying times for my wallet!

:eek: 

As for this guy, I'm trapped in two minds. I'm one of the few who actually thinks the Red Alert deco we got is actually better looking than his onscreen counterpart and does in fact look better than this new colour scheme but on the other hand, the toon accurate nut in me wants this badly.

What will I do?? First world problems?

3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Anime Red Alert looks nice. But I think I'd buy a Clamp Down instead...

4. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Well as usual with anime recolors there is a lot I like better here than on the original. But not enough to really sell this as a must own, MP-14 still overall looks better and I like the real world detail on MP cars.

Maybe if the original MP-14 had the black head instead of the already screen accurate red this would have been an instant seller? Otherwise the original is still close enough.

5. SureShotSniper

SureShotSniper What?!

News Credits:
    Looks much better IMO.

6. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

Wow. Slavish cartoon dullness over real world detailing. So they want us to fork over more money for less paint apps, all in the name of "anime accuracy"? Not for me TT, thanks. Like others have said, I now fear for future carbots if this is now a "thing". Can't see car manufacturers signing off on it, however, so maybe there's a glimmer of hope.

7. hugoboss

hugoboss Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looks like TT Mall will start taking preorders on 11APR. Should I go through them again or wait for other retailers? Decisions, decisions. Hmmm:confused: ....

8. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

Well I have the original so I'll probably just pick up the KO of the anime colors and swap the thighs, that's pretty much all I like on this update anyways...

9. Bozo

Bozo Autobot Knight Corps

As long as we can get a MP Jazz and Sunstreaker and anybody else that can be done without need for licensing, I am good. Better we see a cartoon Jazz without the need for a Porshe License than never see Jazz because of the Pr---ks at Porshe. :)  Happy portents for the future that all G1 cast can be done.

10. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks good, but I may pass. I just want an official version of Red Alert for $60 or less since I sold mine a while ago.

11. Ragnar

Ragnar Fun with G1

Ebay:
    Feel the same way as well. MP-14 is one of the few available G1 S1/S2 MP's I'm still missing. Too bad it's a TTMall exclusive this time around. Price is way too high too. It looks nice, but I much prefer the toy color schemes over show/comic.

12. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is almost certainly still a licensed product - it is still an accurate model of a Lambo after all! If avoiding the need for licensing was as easy as not having a splodge of paint looking like a badge nor the wording then why would they ever have bothered going to all the effort and expense of getting licenses in the first place just to allow them to place that splodge of paint? Especially the difficult ones like the Beetle and Lancia. We'd have Jazz already!

I see it as a good sign for a Sunstreaker that Lambo have allowed a lack of accurate detailing (not to mention the already allowed light bar, etc).

13. 0NightHawk0

0NightHawk0 Bring forth the Chaos

So....a minor variation of colors warrants an entirely new figure...talk about milking the mold.

Honestly, this mold is being milked as much as Prime's molds are with all these color variations, it's getting kind of ridiculous.

14. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Great points as usual, Liampope. Definitely gets my hopes even higher for Sunstreaker that Lamborghini is allowing this super cartoony, badgeless repaint. Also, the Vanettes don't even have Nissan badges yet TT still went through the trouble of getting the license, so I don't think there's anything to worry about with the "real car series." ;) 

15. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

16. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like some of the color changes but miss the Lambo logo WAY more. I'm good.

17. Newholl

Newholl Banned

Too bad they haven't retooled it. The new Hot-Rod's back section mechanic seems very appropriate for cartoon accurate Red Alert.

18. Newholl

Newholl Banned

And then I'm the negative one... :redface2: 

19. Shempdog

Shempdog Well-Known Member

I am extremely happy with all the official Takara and Hasbro products I have. I don't need a repaint of a character I already own. If nothing else this will give me time to save up for the next actual release.

20. Newholl

Newholl Banned

You, sir, have ZERO taste and ZERO brains.
    Goodbye, sir.
    GOOD-BYE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.