MP-11NR Ramjet

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TheExtreme78, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vwfan88

Vwfan88 Autobruh

If anyone finds a solution that doesn't involve drilling, please share!

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm sure most of us have received the email by now, but it looks like TFsource's shipment is being recalled for repairs. The delay is 2-3 weeks, but Takara will be inspecting the Ramjet figures and fixing any issues. I suspect this is also why some BBTS samples were double taped.

I for one am glad to wait until May to better my chances of a better figure.

3. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just received the email as well. Glad I won't have to do the fixes myself.

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, I was worried about taking apart the figure myself. This is good news.

5. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Huh.

Good on Takara. 2-3 weeks sounds optimistic but......Standing by

6. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow recalled!? Good on Takara I guess, but I wonder what they'll do for the rest of us? I don't see them gathering up all the defective ones in the wild for repairs. Hopefully replacements will be offered.

7. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

I bet Takara will buy up microsofts unused Xbox coffins and Mail those out

8. Masta Skids

Masta Skids Member

I posted in the other Thread but I will post here as well. I have 2 right missile pods and would like to trade for one left one.

It is nice to see some are getting to be able to return the product to some sites.The one I bought from Nippon Yassan is still not responding to my requests I have opened up a couple and nothing so far.

9. Shempdog

Shempdog Well-Known Member

I just saw the email from TFSource. Glad I decided to pass on picking one up at Botcon! (Not from TFSource though, as you may have heard they got kicked out). For the rest of you, contact your seller, most of these stores have really good customer service.

10. Zaibach

Zaibach Autobot

News Credits:
    I got mine from BBTS today. Everything seems to be good with mine thankfully.

11. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    Arie, thank you for posting a pic of the tab itself. I had attempted this yesterday but nothing was holding together, especially with the rocket pods attached. That tab was the step I was missing. I wasn't aware that piece was even there. Is it on the standard seeker too? Now that I have more options with the back and thruster pod placement , I can't decide which looks best from the front. I do note that with the top wings transformed like this, you can more effectively hide the rocket pods from the front.

And Jarrod, thank you for pointing out the reversed wing detail. Mine has it and now I can't unsee it. :( 

I mentioned earlier that mine had paint slop and a scuff mark. Looking more at the scuff mark on the black part of the right leg near the knee, I'm pretty sure now that it's not a scuff and that it's more likely more paint slop because the color of the scuff is the same as that of the chest vent intakes. Gah. Paint slop. :(  I guess I should be happy that its at least paint slop on an unpainted part.....again.

I really should be much happier with this figure than I am.

12. Ragnar

Ragnar Fun with G1

Ebay:
    Just received an email from TFS regarding a Ramjet recall from Takara:

We’ve heard the rumblings and we want our customers to know that TFSource has been working around the clock, partnering with Takara so that we could provide our customers with the most accurate and up to date news of Masterpiece MP-11NR Ramjet. There was an unforeseen customs delay beyond our control with our shipment, that has now been resolved and a small amount of our stock was just delivered to our warehouse today. Yay!

Upon receiving the good news we were informed by Takara that there is a wide-spread product defect with the toys’ shoulder that many of you may be aware of, but this QC defect is quite severe, in that it prevents the figure from transforming and the majority of the product currently on the market has this issue. Since this issue is so widespread Takara is making the rare decision to issue a full recall on all product in order to fix the problem, which is great news as we know our customers would not like to receive a defective product, especially one as impressive as this. This recall means that our shipment that has not arrived has been sent back to Takara to make the repairs. As of now the anticipated arrival is 2-3 weeks, TFSource will keep everyone update to date with a notification once product arrives.The good news is that enough product has been sent back to Takara to fill all outstanding preorders when it arrives, meaning all of our customers will receive a non-defective piece.

Please note that in order to repair each figure, the boxes will have to be opened and inspected. While we understand that sealed packaging is preferred by some customers we are offering the choice to ship now from a non-repaired piece from our warehouse to customers. Please note that if you do choose this option, TFSource will not accept defective returns on pieces we ship from the warehouse now as the defect affects the majority of products and this is true for all product currently on the market. If you’d like to choose this option please email [email protected] with your order number or email address on your stack account and we’ll be happy to make the change. If you prefer to wait for the non-defective piece, no action is required on your part.

Keep in mind that we have a limited amount of the non-corrected/defective product available now in our warehouse and it will be allocated in a first come first serve basis to those that reply to this email.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your Friends at TFSource!

13. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So glad i changed my order! Good for them to resolve the issue but better for me cause i got plan b stuff headed to me now!

14. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are other retailers sending out similar notices? I'm certainly glad I didn't place an order yet.

That's my question. What about those who have defects in hand? Will they have the option to return theirs in exchange for a defect-free figure?

Why were they kicked out??

Lately, this hobby has shown me that it is better (but not necessarily convenient) to play the waiting game.

15. giafunk

giafunk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doesn't pass the smell test...something fishy going on here. Doubt Takara notified them of anything and doubt them sending it back and then receiving a fixed batch would only take 2-3 weeks. Especially since this was distributed by Hasbro asia. A batch sent back in mid route? Uhh ok.

These guys are comedy gold. At least it wasn't a burning crate or a custom exhaust paint job this time. fool you once shame on them, fool you twice shame on you. Keep getting fooled, you deserve the "exceptional service" they provide.

16. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    They take care of me always. Takes long for free shipping but besides that they're just as good as chosen prime, or captured prey.

17. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm. I wonder why BBTS or other retailers didn't make such an announcement. Maybe the majority of their copies are defect-free. Who knows.

18. giafunk

giafunk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sure they'll take care of you when they get stuff. But the trend has been TFS is the slowest, they have no communication about it until people complain, then they come up with the most random shit as an excuse. Stuff that only applies to them and no other retailer. Why would you want to deal with that over and over again?

And why wouldn't they want to send everything back? Hey we got a few defective ones we're keeping because takara only cares about the batch mid route that hasn't arrived yet. :rolleyes2 

19. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    To inadvertently add fuel to this, weren't they also the ones with the EVA Prime issues?

Still, if the shoulders are all fixed on their orders... lucky for those customers.

20. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

AWESOME! Good for you guys that got defective Rammys...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.