MP-11 Fixes Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kshaps, Nov 21, 2016.

1. kshaps

kshaps Busting Deceptichops

Ebay:
    Does anyone have any fixes for the waist tab and floppy shoulder joints on MP-11?

I doubt there is anything to fix the waist joint outside of covering it in putty or something.

My shoulders on mine droop and I'm sure it's just the design of the figure, just wanted to know if there is a way to tighten them up.

2. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Waist: don't pick it up by the shoulders.

Floppy shoulders: hold down top part of shoulder while posing arm.

3. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    I think he said "fix"
    If this was true, you could fix the articulation on Armada figures by not attempting to pose them.
    You could fix the "ugly" on Beast Machines toys by only playing with them in the dark. :D 

Anyway, I'm interested in whatever you learn. My MP-11 (2015 TRU release) is exactly like this.

I seem to recall that the waist issue wasn't a problem in the MP-3 mold because those sliders were tight enough...if so, I wonder if there's a reversible/tidy way to increase the friction in the slider on the MP-11 mold.

4. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

My advice -

If you already have MP11 Starscream or TRU Thundercracker you can tighten the sliding mechanism so the torso is tight.

Hasbro Starscream (or at least my 2 TRU ones I've owned ) doesn't have these issues, I would say go for it if you absolutely need an original (and if you don't mind the blue nosecone) but don't pay more than 110 shipped for him.

If you don't have any but don't want to pay 200 for the Takara ones, go for the BB7 ones. I have Skywarp and the thing is so high quality that it looks like it was made by Takara itself, but using a good QA.