MP-10K BAPE Black Camo

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by chrisr291, Feb 3, 2017.

1. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The latest and greatest BAPE repaint is here! MP-10K is certainly a sharp contrast from the previous green and red versions. The figure's color is hard to describe; it looks like my girlfriends mud mask. A darkish gray with a hint of blue. Sleep mode? not quite, it is loud and proud! Convoy has some fight in him!

Figure: YES!! The 100th repaint of this figure! Woo Hoo! No, seriously, the figure looks and feels fantastic. It doesn't suffer from issues other figures have after constant repaints (I.E. Seekers and Lambos). However, I do have a weird problem. I can't close the cab windows when the Matrix is inserted. Has anyone experienced this problem? OH well, Delta Magnus scored a Matrix.

[​IMG]

As with the green version, the nose and eye sockets are painted white. It's a unique choice that differentiates this convoy from the mass release versions.
    [​IMG]

Arm Camo: With the eventual knockoff, here is a photo of the arm detail. Not sure how well KO makers recreate BAPE's camo but it could help!
    [​IMG]

Vehicle Mode: The joints are extremely tight so I loosened them up before transformation. Beyond that, the wheels roll, bright chrome, and everything fits into place! No trailer!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

50 Shades of Gray? Anime Red Alert and Convoy side by side.
    [​IMG]

Convoy and Friends!

Does it fit in your collection? Hell yes!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Box:

If you're searching for this figure after the inevitable KO, please review the attached box photos.

Value:
    I'm a unique repaint fan so it's a no brainer. Now, is it worth $325+? Debatable! However, don't wait too long! I recommend purchasing the figure within the next month or so. Regarding re-sale, nobody knows if it'll fetch the green's absurd $1,000+ price or the more modest $500 red version. Either way, it won't stay sub $400 for long!

Happy Hunting!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked one of these up for a friend at work, he won't be over to collect for about a month, but I'm looking forward to seeing it (assuming he opens it to ruin that MISB goodness!) I have to say I prefer it over the green and red versions. Thanks for the usual excellent pics!

3. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 IMPOSSIBRU!

This is a known issue on every version of the mold. Known causes are the Matrix being inserted backwards and the screws holding the windshield on protruding too much. They're not needed to keep the windshield attached so removing them isn't damaging to the figure.

4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really? My other Convoys seem ok.

5. kaotika

kaotika Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    all mine are okay too.
    i have has mp10, mp10b and yoth mp10 and all are fine.
    just have to make sure the matrix is pushed in all the way and the front bumper clicks all the way down in his chest.
    then the doors close just fine and click onto the abdomen grill.
    doesnt seem all that 'known'.

6. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 IMPOSSIBRU!

It was a big thing when MP-10 came out. Perhaps it's a "mileage may vary" sort of thing or the issue has become more noticeable with Bape Convoy.

7. kaotika

kaotika Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    again, never been a problem on any single one of my mp10s which are all first releases not reissues.
    if its a 'known' thing how come ive never encountered it on those or the tak mp10 i sold a couple of years ago?
    likely overblown from a statisticly unremarkable but vocal handfull of examples.
    your in the minority on this thread since chris said his are all fine too so subtract those from 'every'.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

on topic, mp10k looks great.
    dark and moody.
    pity so expensive.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  8. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    It was definitely a common problem for some. Personally, I bought the Hasbro MP-10 and had to remove the screws because they otherwise scratched the chrome bumper underneath.