MP-10, MP-11, MP-12 and MP-14 reissue next year?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ambitron, May 19, 2014.

1. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Like I said, man, I understand where you're coming from. But 1) Ultra Magnus' red on his torso is painted, and 2) I don't display him with the pre-movie guys unless he's in trailer mode loaded up with cars. He and Hot Rod/Rodimus are absolutely perfect together and are best displayed on a separate shelf as a pair. :) 

2. Sa173533

Sa173533 Well-Known Member

Well, a few of these have been confirmed. Optimus got a reissue, Starscream's getting a Hasbro Masterpiece release, and Sideswipe's getting a reissue. All we need now is Red Alert, and the quad reissue will be complete.

3. Milyor

Milyor Well-Known Member

I thought Red Alert was reissued a few months ago. I considered him but couldn't bring myself to spend £50 plus. Just opened my MP-10 reissue & I'm liking it a lot. Own YOTH Prime so my need for TT MP-10 was greater than someone who has a Hasbro Prime. However I'm one of the few that loves his YTH Prime, just hated not having Roller & having a clear trailer I don't think works. From a distance the eyes do look black but up close they are a lovely deep crystally blue.

4. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    The whole point of this thread was that these were rumoured to be being reissued by Takara. In that case, they would all be available on the cheaper import sites like HLJ, Anime Export, Nippon Yasan, AmiAmi etc. With a 30% discount in most cases. All of us who came late to the MP game would be able to acquire Sideswipe and Red Alert at their original cheap prices.

The reissues we've gotten so far of Sideswipe, Red Alert and Starscream have all been Hasbro Asia releases. Only MP-10 was recently reissued by Takara (which is why I was able to get him for half of what I paid for my original Hasbro Asia MP-10 reissue).

MP-11 has been reissued twice by Hasbro Asia, MP-14 once, and MP-12 nearly twice.

Only MP-13 and MP-10 have ever been reissued by Takara, so far.

5. sleepingtiger

sleepingtiger Well-Known Member

i was hoping for TT version of MP-11.

i should of just ordered mp14 from bbts when they shipped bluestreak

6. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if Hasbro is ever going to release the lambo mold stateside

7. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    They said they were at Botcon 2014; they also announced Blue Streak at that one and he was just released. So who knows at this point.

8. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

And then there's those of us who see nothing wrong with how Hasbro's MP-10 looks with the carbots... and don't see it as not being a premium just because of paint. Not being painted doesn't lessen my feelings for Magnus or Wheeljack. And i do display Magnus with the others, and i do like how my Prime almost matches the blue of Magnus.

I prefer the lighter colors of the Hasbro, and don't see it as too toyish at all.

9. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

With Prime being my favorite character I was ready to fire away and purchase the MP-10 reissue, but with all the quality issues I have seen compared to the 3rd party figures and even the KO of this figure, I'm very hesitant and disappointed. Do I just buy it for collector purposes?

Even though I'm a MISB collector, some of these reviews made me feel like Takara seems to be falling off big time on quality. Would be nice if a 3rd party group gave this figure a go.

10. wearelegion69

wearelegion69 Banned

News Credits:
    From my esperience, I have seen as many QC issues with third parties as with official releases. Appolyon is still giving me trouble, for instance.

11. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I'm still hesitant to pull the trigger on MP-10 because I have MP-01, and he's to scale with MP-05. Problem is, they dwarf all the other bots and cons.

What is the best price for a reissue MP-10? The prices seem to be all over the place.

12. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Most are $185, cheapest I found was $180 at MP-10 Masterpiece Optimus Prime with Trailer (Reissue) – Prime Toys

13. Chiller

Chiller Failed Decepticon

News Credits:
    The MP-12 re-issue is meant to come out any week now.... Given the Tracks/RoadRage delay (and general TT history) anyone think this will be delayed too?

Personally, if MP-12 comes out on time then the Tracks delay won't bother me as it'll split the two releases nicely.

14. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

Any word if the MP-12 reissue will have any improvements to the paint scheme matching up better or panel lines lining up tighter?

I have the original release of MP-12 and love it, but the panels in car mode don't all line up like they should and of course we know about the 50 shades of red.

15. HandlesIT

HandlesIT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The paint on MP-12 reissue is what is holding me back from getting it. I need all the red to match because I plan to display him in car mode most of the time. Therefore, even though it is a reissue I need a review before I buy it.

16. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
  17. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  18. Flesh Creature

I just got my reissue MP-10 yesterday. One word: glorious. I was hesitant getting him at first because of reports of QC issues, but those seemed to be on a minor scale. I haven't transformed mine yet, but seems solid as a rock. Tighter than my Hasbro TRU version, especially in the ankles, which was an annoyance. So far I have not found any issues with chrome chips, excess flash, or paint wear/damage that some have reported. I had the Hasbro TRU version since 2012 and really didn't know what I had been missing. Always thought that one looked a bit toyish to me personally, although some do prefer the brighter colors. Guys like Dean ML and Sixo really sang the praises of the TT and thanks guys for that!

The one widespread complaint of the "dead eyes" of MP-10 aren't an issue to me. If you have him in the right light, the eyes actually appear to glow and are really quite brilliant, and in effect, the opposite of dead looking. I will not be taking the eyes out to paint them. I will echo what others have said regarding the TT MP-10, in that he really is a collector's piece. Great paint apps, solid build quality, awesome poseability, I could go on and on. If you are looking for one and have the means, I wouldn't hesitate in picking him up.

19. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Congrats, Flesh Creature! Knew you'd love him! :) 

20. Flesh Creature

Thanks dude. TT owes you a sales commish. :D