MP-10, MP-11, MP-12 and MP-14 reissue next year?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ambitron, May 19, 2014.

1. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I have the TT Hasbro Asia reissue from late '13 (the one that had a stand) and it has a scuffed gas tank with a prominent sprue mark on the top, too, but the joint tolerances are all much tighter than the Hasbro Prime I had. Even though most of the red is painted, none of it is scratched and is beautifully and evenly applied. Same with all of his paint, really.

2. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I just got the more recent reissue and I also have the same version DeanML has, and both are flawless. Remember, people who have a complaint have more reason to post about it then those who don't. Still a damn shame people are having problems.

The red paint on MP-10 is so well-applied all over and feels like it will meet chip - it's truly fantastic!

3. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

You guys aren't helping. After nearly pulling the trigger on the TT reissue I did an analysis of all my upcoming preorders (TFs and 1/6 scale figures) and decided I needed to be happy with my Hasbro OP for now. I can't justify spending the cash on the TT when there's so much coming down the pipeline. Unless I sold the Hasbro, which I'm not sure I want to do as it's still cool and has a bit of sentimental value to it, I suppose. We'll see.

Must stay strong, must stay strong, must stay strong.

4. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

No I decided I can live with it :) 

5. Dean ML

Flesh Creature, you've probably seen me say this before, but I had the Hasbro and ordered the TT thinking I'd have two Primes - one for a s1 shelf and one for a s2. Within a few hours of taking the TT out of the box and comparing the two, I decided I had no use for the Hasbro and would sell it. The TT feels looks a higher end collectors item and the Hasbro looks like a toy - an *amazing* toy, but it's bright colors and plastic finish made it look candy colored and waxy in comparison. It the difference was too great and it felt like it didn't fit in my collection anymore against the TT. That painted interior on the trailer does wonders for it as a display piece and I'm a cartoon guy, so the silver Roller is also a huge plus. I'll say it again - TT's darker, deeper colors and painted finish are a better match for the rest of the carbots, whose colors also skew darker and deeper than depicted in the cartoon. I imagine you should get at least $150 for your Hasbro to put towards a TT. Just my two cents.

6. Flesh Creature

Damn you Dean... Damn you. ;) 

7. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    I got MP-10 two days ago and have one thing to say: Just do it!

8. Dean ML

Exactly. Unless you get a dud, you're not going to regret it.

9. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    I'm trying to resist and hold out on MP-10 until I get MP Star Saber...

None of you are helping.

10. olevelo

olevelo Supreme King of All Transformers Earth Wars

I only just started my collection a month and a half ago, and Hasbro OP was my first...stop talking like this!!

11. Flesh Creature

Must not have been too terrible then.

Damn you too!

Stop it!!

Heathens!:banghead: 

12. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

Not too terrible but something you just expect it isn't there when you are paying such dollars. But then I thought about the problems and hassle to get this exchanged and the very high probability to get another with the same defects and I just thought: f*** it :) 

13. sleepingtiger

sleepingtiger Well-Known Member

did i miss the reissue of mp11 and mp14? those are the only 2 i am missing from my collection

14. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    No they were just rumours that never panned out.

15. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

I thought red alert was on reissue as well? Could have sworn I saw him up for preorder somewhere....

MP-14 Red Alert (reissue)

EDIT: Now I just wish prowl would go back on reissue :( 

16. Prowl 76

Prowl 76 Well-Known Member

I just started my MP collection a couple months back and started with MP-10 (and a bunch of others because these things are crack).

I debated between the Hasbro and TT version of Prime and ended up going TT for a couple reasons:

1. The darker colour scheme feels more premium to me (not to mention less child-like).

2. It blends the look of the cartoon version with the colours of the original toy version nicely (I like my MPs to have nods to both, not simply the Sunbow representation)

3. I plan to go TT on all releases now for consistency purposes (I love the packaging) and for quality (although that might just be in my head)

The two MP-10s I have are fantastic. No issues I can see. They're basically the perfect toy / collector item as far as I'm concerned.

17. Flesh Creature

Congrats on your recent journey into the world of MP collecting. It's quite a ride/addiction.

1. Agree 100%.

2. Absolutely. That's what MP is all about. Not slavish cartoon accuracy, but nods to the G1 toy also.

3. I'm pretty much the same. Hasbro can (but not always) cheapen up what TT has done to lower the price point. Usually less paint apps and accessories if they change anything. And I believe I've heard their Rodimus, Sunstorm and most-recent Grimlock reissue were not up to snuff. They were the first to release the updated Thundercracker of the MP-11 mold, and they kinda messed that up with "WTF?" gaudy tampos and more of a toy-inspired dark blue, etc.

Glad you got a couple nice MP-10's. I'm jelly. I have the Hasbro. And while nice, I will sooner or later spring for the TT. It is my destiny.

18. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well MP Starscream is being released in the US at TRU. MP-11 minus the cape/crown and small paint app differences.

19. Flesh Creature

Yeah. I'm worried about that when I get mine. I honestly want a pristine gem of an MP-10 as a collector's piece. I would transform it one time and back; because its a goddamn Transformer and must be checked for righteousness. Then I plan on displaying it like I do my Hot Toys figures: behind glass and rarely fucked with. I would rather not have annoying imperfections on my holy grail on my favorite character. I'm not OCD, either. And I refuse to buy those high-end statues or even the Hot Toys version of OP. If he don't transform, then what's the point.

20. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

How can you say all this and not feel the same way about MP-22? Just sayin'.

:wink: