MP-10, MP-11, MP-12 and MP-14 reissue next year?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ambitron, May 19, 2014.

1. glinthos

glinthos doomed hometown

Yep, sprue marks are the bane of TFs. Even the original G1 toys have them. Good news is that you can usually sand/polish them to minimize the discoloring.

2. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I'll look into the sprue mark fix, as my MP Soundwave also has one on his shoulder cannon. Eddie at Toy Dojo said the chrome and trailer damage shouldn't be there and would swap for me. Thankful for that, for sure.

3. SideswipePrime1

SideswipePrime1 Flooded in plastic.

I have a little bit of missing/rubbed off chrome on the tips of the smokestacks. Is it from transformation? I've barely transformed mine.

4. Madgame

I did not transform him, it was like that out of the box. Unless my MP bots come in alt mode, I don't transform them.

5. SideswipePrime1

SideswipePrime1 Flooded in plastic.

Thanks for the answer! I've been trying to get an answer in the Masterpiece thread, but my posts always get overshadowed by people talking about pictures.

6. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

Mine also has minor chrome defects... and minor scratches on the trailer...
    Hope HLJ will rule that problem out

7. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    It looks like the different tones used on Spike is normal for this reissue.

I've also been checking out different pics and reviews and it seems like chipped chrome on the smokestacks is pretty common, although Madgame has the worst I've seen. I looked at my YOTH OP and Black Convoy and they don't have this issue. It's like they chromed the stacks before removing them from the sprue with this run of figures.

8. Madgame

Nice, figures I would get one of the worst of the lot!

Eddie at Toy Dojo informed me many of the MP-10 reissues have the same chrome problem on the smokestack, and trailer smudges too. Class act that guy, he hand picked a replacement and emailed me pictures to make sure it would be acceptable. It still has sprue marks on the legs, but no smokestack or trailer blemishes.

9. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also, I have the original Hasbro MP10 from TRU and my Spike has different flesh tones for the head and arms. Its weird that it ended up that way, but I'd guess they're all like that. I didn't even notice it though, till people pointed it out here, so whatevs.

10. jumpman23j

jumpman23j Well-Known Member

I'm contemplating getting MP-10 as well and I definitely don't want one with a chrome problem for the amount I will be paying. How widespread is this issue?

11. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

I got the Hasbro Asia MP-10 reissue last year, no issues. Also, Sideswipe was just recently reissued from Hasbro Asia, i bought one, BBTS still has stock...

12. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bought a couple of Hasbro Asia MP-10 reissue and no issue. Love the window package.

13. Afrecho

Afrecho Well-Known Member

Talking about chrome paint issue, yep. My Takara MP-10 reissue came with some sloppy chrome paint in the two gas tanks and one of the smokestacks.

Ironically my Hasbro MP reissue's chrome paint came very well :mad: 

14. Afrecho

Afrecho Well-Known Member

And forgot to say, Takara's trailer came with some areas unpolished and a paint blotch in the rear part. My Hasbro one... well. The silver paint is not that shiny and polished compared to the Takara version but it still works as a shiny trailer.

15. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^oh wow! outstanding pics, those! Apolyon 3-rd party Megs, I presume?! :lol  That looks good, tbh. how's the quality? should I be getting one?! Thanks! :thumb :

Edit: I see that you've painted Optimus' eyes as well, nice touch dude. looks great!

16. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

Yep, that's Apollyon. And yes, I'd recommend. Transformation is nit-picky and tedious, and there has been QC issues here and there. The second batch is out now and some of the issues have been reportedly cleaned up.

Question to those who have the new reissue of MP-10: how many have QC issues such as chrome chipping, broken fingers, parts not pegging together, or any other issues? I have the Hasbro OP, and I decided I need the Takara version. But some have reported QC problems. Just want to get a sense of how widespread the issues are. Thanks!

17. gigtigre

gigtigre Well-Known Member

Mine has chrome defects on the smockestacks and bumper

18. Flesh Creature

Thanks for the reply. Did you exchange it for a new one? For $190 I want one without defects.

19. Rookgordijn

Rookgordijn Well-Known Member

Mine is near to perfect! All pieces (except one panel) pegs together just fine and leaves no gaps, and it doesn't have any noticeable scratches from factory. The panel I am referring to is the one on the right leg, the one with the silver grid on it. It doesn't peg into the hole, but that's not a problem because it still stays on its place. I guess I am very lucky with mine! :D 

You should just go for it! I mean you can ask around here as much as you want on the forum, but in the end it's just fate that decides if you got a nice one or one that is a bit damaged.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  20. Flesh Creature

Cool! Glad you got a good one. I was just trying to get a sense of how widespread QC issues are with the reissue, but from what I'm gathering it seems the problems aren't too common. No more so than any other release, anyway. Thanks for your input.