MP-10 missing a panel, noticed months later

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by optimus124, Dec 13, 2012.

1. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    LOL! By the time it gets returned it'll be a special edition of parked-in-the-wrong-side-of-town Prime!

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Honestly, I would just wait it out. As you said, it's pretty minor and something you went months without noticing. The DIY part of me would tell you to craft a similarly-shaped piece out of styrene to fill in the gap, but I assume your GF paid $250-300 for it. And as a consumer, you should get high-end quality when paying high-end dollars.

I wouldn't judge you if you bought the TRU version solely to replace the part on your Takara copy, but you'd essentially be taking a popular exclusive off the local market and passing a defective one onto someone else (assuming TRU re-stocked it despite you alerting them of the defect).

3. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    Cracka J, what's up man been a while!

I had a similar problem with MP Grimlock. I had to switch out the figure because there were stress marks in the T-Rex hands (got marked as a defect). However, his sword wasn't in the box on return. The lady looked at me like I was crazy when I tried to add it in after the fact, so I disregarded. Grimlock can dual wield LOL!!!!!

Found it funny that my SRK fam showed up in this thread LOL!

I rather not go that route honestly for the reasons you say. Frankly thought about fabricating it or making a mold. I am doing some prop stuff for something else, and thought about doing it for this.

4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Hah...

You know, once you've "parted it out", I'd imagine that you could sell the leftovers to a customizer for a decent price. No, you won't make all of your money back that way but...

I don't know, seems better than taking it back to the store, I'm sure TRU would just put it back on the shelf for the next person to buy. I know Wal-Mart certainly does.

And maybe you've already mentioned doing it, but I'd look over the box and display area heavily. May've just popped off.