MP 10 Convoy officially unveiled

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Moroni Prime, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    How dare MP Optimus transform like MP Optimus and come with a trailer! It must not have any metal and therefore suck! He doesn't even look like Prime unless you squint at the truck mode from a distance! My God, this thing is smaller than Animated Lockdown...

Sour grapes all up in this bitch.

2. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I'm wondering if this is worth passing up an MP04 for. I already know how awesome the MP04 is, so it's not like buying a mystery here. I just wonder if it's better.

3. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i really dont know why so many ppl are bashing this....i get that its kinda annoying that we r getting another prime and its certainly not perfect but i think its definitely better than mp01 and more in scale with the deluxe cars so....

4. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Bingo. It's not Japan's fault that our money has the approximate value of tissue paper.

That video, or what I could filter out through the apparent geek-seizure the cameraman was having, has me even more excited. The size looks absolutely perfect to me. More managable than MP01 with a similar yet refined transformation. I'm glad the transformation retains some of MP01's engineering because that was one of my favorite aspects of that toy. This one looks like it will have the same fun transformation yet with a much better alt and bot mode on either end of the process. CAN'T WAIT.

5. mephisto1138

mephisto1138 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Word! Headsculpt is badass, sleak design, trailer and Spike. I don't see anything to complain about and I bought a "final edition" prime in the panic of it actually being final. I dig the first version, but its got it faults, definitely in the sculpting most noticeably to me. Mp-10 looks fantastic. The headsculpt looks a lot more like the animation to me. MP01 has way too much gap between the mouth guard and brow area, the head spike things are a little too stiff and he feels a bit too wide.

To me, MP-01 is a great modernization of the original toy. Meaty, clunky, clumsy and just a bit stale design wise compared to whats on screen. Still fun, but its true. MP10 has so much more motion to its design, it feels way more animated to me.

6. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    word.

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

That is not the case man. While the dollar is not doing well right now the cold hard facts are:

MP-04 = 18,000 YEN
    MP-10 = 22,000 YEN

Takara is charging 4,000 more yen for a figure that is smaller, has less metal content, and what appears to be a very similar transformation to the original. They can't even pull the limited release card because these will be made in the thousands, available at brick and mortar stores like TRU in Japan and will ultimately be released by Hasbro.

8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the point is not the design so much as that there has been 9 main MP releases before it, 3 of which are the old Prime mold. People wanted something new, not a redesign of something we've had quite a few times before in a very limited line.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where do we know the metal content, again? If I had to hazard a guess, the same general areas contain metal compared to MP-01.

Don't know why people are complaining about the similar transformation. He's G1 freakin' Prime! The moment you change up the transformation too much, then the entire point of the figure is lost. The new figure's still got its own tricks up its sleeve.

The 4,000 Yen increase also accounts for inflation, and increase in materials and manufacturing costs over the last several years.

10. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're forgetting:

development cost

Also, mp-04...350 dollars...big difference there. Not entirely sure where you get 18,000 yen but I'd like to have what you're smoking. Facts are substantiated by evidence so by all means, substantiate because I think a lot of use would love that deal.

haha wait, are you comparing release prices? Holy crap dude, do you know what inflation is and what it means when I say the dollar has devalued A LOT over the last 5 years?

11. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not complaining about the figure, I am complaining about the cost. At this point, from what we have seen, there is no reason why at the very least this should cost anymore than MP-04 or MP-09. Like I have said in the past, Takara Tomy want to play the high end collectable market, but they want to continue to deliver the same mass produced product they have been for years.

People went through the same thing with Rodimus, they thought when he was released they were going to find out all of these secret things the figure would do with all of these super secret accessories he would be packaged with and all they discovered was that he was exactly as he was solicited as for months.

I'm all for people getting Prime, and he looks like a great figure, but just not $250 + shipping great.

12. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here you go.

Convoy (Perfect Edition) - Transformers Masterpiece - TFW2005

Feel free to advise the Resource staff if they made an error.

13. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:

um...that's 2006 prices....INFLATION and the DOLLAR VALUE DROPPED.

Didn't even include the cost of petroleum based goods , like plastics, going up in price.

14. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Prime's trailer is a helluva lot bigger than Rodimus'. And Prime himself in all likelihood contains a lot more diecast metal. So...

He's only, what, 2000 yen more expensive than Rodimus?

15. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whatever man, I'm not trying to argue with you, clearly, you are happy with the price, think it is totally justified and that is great. I don't and it will be the first Takara MP I pass on because of cost. Hot Toys gets my money this fall.

16. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Can't argue with "cold hard facts". Whatever you buy is your prerogative. Save the energy complaining about the price because it's getting nothing accomplished. As mentioned it is comparable to Rodimus and is fairly priced in the comparison. There will undoubtedly be a U.s. release for between 60 and 80 dollars sans trailer.

17. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Yes, because clearly TakaraTomy has the power to bend the national economy to their will.

I understand fully for losing interest in the product because you can't afford it. But spinning that around and turning that into a criticism makes you sound like you don't know a damned thing about what you're talking about.

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can afford it, but it is still too expensive. Compare it to other figures of the same size, material, and complexity, and there is no way it becomes justified. Look at any leader class figure released in the past 5 years.

19. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Look at similarly sized Soul of Chogokin figures.

Yeah.

And the Movie Masterpiece figures were both priced at $100+. So...

20. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    SoCs are my measuring stick for high-end robots for sure. TT has never put out anything that can compete with SoC, but it looks like that won't stop them from trying to charge similar prices. Best of luck to them.