Customs: MP-10 Assistance

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Dachande, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Dachande

Dachande Formerly Yaujta... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I took my YotH MP-10 apart to de-goldify the parts, and now I'm having an issue with the arms. If there's anyone that's disassembled this figure, could you please tell me if there's a pressure plate in the sliding mechanism of the upper arms, and if so, what does it look like?
    There's a hollow spot in the upper section that slides along the rail to allow the arm to collapse, but it seems like there's something missing that keeps the arm from wobbling around. I have a bad feeling it may be spring-loaded and the piece was lost along the way.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Dachande

Dachande Formerly Yaujta... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Okay, found the issue. There are spring-loaded pressure plates that make the click sound when extending or collapsing the arms. Unfortunately I lost them without knowing it. I luckily found one, without the spring, but the other one and spring are gone.
    I ended up finding tiny replacements for the springs, and fabricated a new piece to replace the missing one.

Lesson learned- when cracking a figure, make sure you do it slowly and away from clutter.