MP-10 Asia Relaunch

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by daimchoc, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

Overall, I like the deco on the Takara version better. I hate the yellow running lights and the brighter blue on Hasbro's. I'm indifferent about the color of the upper legs and Roller. Wish the eyes were like Habsro's, though.

2. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Looks like there will be another chance to purchase this mold.

3. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

I would rank the options as follows:

1) translucent yellow plastic lights
    2) unpainted lights
    3) yellow painted lights

The yellow paint draws too much attention to an insignificant detail for my taste. I don't even like the yellow on his forearms. I think it's bad color design to invite bright yellow to a party that already has blue and red prominently on its guest list.

Realism is my second concern, but I don't think yellow paint provides a realistic effect.

4. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    That stand is almost as ugly as the Seeker stands that come with most of the Seekers.
    But the Seeker stands managed to hit that perfect spot of being ugly and also unable to support any pose rather then straight and facing forwards, so they still win this round.

5. klogan4

klogan4 Rampage

Hate to say it, but Hasbro hit it dead on with their version. I like the paint application all around and this version is...meh. It would be nice to own, but the yellow does give it character and the light blue plastic is more appealing to my child side

6. FoC Grimlock

FoC Grimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I much prefer the Takara version so it's a no brainer for me to grab this version(since I'm local) but Hasbro Asia doesn't tend to go cheap so it's going to be bitter sweet just like Grimlock.

7. Isco

Isco Banned

What do you estimate Grim? About the same as the Grimlock? It's likely cheaper than what MP 10 is going for on eBay at the moment

8. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Well, if this is my only chance to get an MP-10 without robbing a bank, then I guess I'm in. I thought the TakaraTomy version had silver thighs but I could be wrong. Lights I can paint, but when joints are involved, especially on a Masterpiece figure, it's not really something I want to do unless I'm never going to so much as touch the thing.

What I don't get is why Asia keeps getting so many damn exclusives. It pisses me off (mainly because this country sucks ass and because I already have to import anything worthwhile). I mean, it's not a BAD thing, necessarily, it just doesn't make much sense to me. I know there are a hell of a lot of people in Asia, but is the market for Transformers so big compared to the western market (particularly the US and UK) that it warrants so many continuous exclusives and repaints and reissues and such?

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not against it, but it just seems so weird. Japan with Masterpiece and then the US, Canada, UK and Australia (would it really be so much trouble to get them in New Zealand? Apparently so) with the Hasbro versions of Masterpiece figures... that makes sense. But it's kind of weird that there are now Asian exclusives. I dunno. Maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing. It just seems weird to me.

I guess the thing that irritates me the most is that it's not like buying Sono Kong Transformers, where they're usually identical to the Japanese release. Prime comes with a funky stand and some potentially missing paint apps (provided this isn't a prototype shot, which I kinda doubt), and Grimlock is missing all of his Japanese-exclusive accessories (which are something I want the most with Grimlock). Not that variation is a bad thing, but it's just very confusing. Like, the market is big enough to warrant all these exclusives, and yet not big enough to warrant making them the best versions out there, despite already having a high price tag (and I know they're limited, but still).

9. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    September eh? Perfect. I can justify the purchase by saying it's my birthday haha

10. GreyFox787

GreyFox787 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really understand why anyone is crazy about Grimlock's Japanese-exclusive accessories, honestly. Season 3 had the worst characterization of him...

11. Doc Wheeljack

Doc Wheeljack Well-Known Member

Will this be available through the sponsor retailers or will he be more difficult to get?

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Any guesses as to how much this'll cost? or am I better off tracking down the US release of it? I would like to get the mold, but don't want to pay too much for it. Meaning I probably should have bought the US release while it was still available for it's retail price...

13. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ballparking 250

14. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    No improvements, wasted opportunity. Only good for people missed out on retail, but I don't see this being cheap for non-Asian buyers. I got my 2 Hasbro Primes, so I'm all gooooooda.

15. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Because people have different tastes, and I happen to think that those unique accessories are really neat. I'm not too worried about why he even has them. I just like them and that's that. Is that so wrong?

Anyway, I can't be the only one who loved "Grimlock's New Brain".

16. GreyFox787

News Credits:
    "To each his own," true...but I just can't imagine displaying him with any of them.

I actually loved "Grimlock's New Brain," I'm just referring to the whole idea that Grimlock, from the movie onward, started acting like a child - along with the rest of the Dinobots. It was a sudden and random change in character, and I enjoyed them much more as not-so-intelligent badasses.

17. bonewire

bonewire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This Prime is gonna be expensive, Takara MP 10 was 250, I'm not expecting it to be any cheaper. Hopefully for you guys that missed him last year they will release him for the 30th anniversary like when they re-released MP01 for the 20th and 25th.

18. GreyFox787

News Credits:
    Ya know, I work for Costco...and I'm wondering what we might get for the holidays as far as Transformers are concerned. I'm thinking perhaps Metroplex, the giant BH Optimus, Construct Bots 2-pack, or maybe - just maybe - something that is part of the Platinum or Thrilling 30 line. It'd be freakin' sweet if it was an MP figure of some kind...

19. Jerrymiru

Jerrymiru TF Ninja

So loving that stand.

The darker blue look better. IMO

20. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Seems pretty neat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.