MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Fixes

Discussion in 'Tutorials and How Tos' started by Matrix Soul, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I just gave in and decided to try a hot glue gun, I messed up because I didn't press down hard enough the first time. So after the glue dried it just peeled right out of the hole. I tried again and WOW it's better than the non-broken leg panel now.

So for those of you who might be worried about messing up, the hot glue gun is great because you can undo the glue once it completely dries.

I love this figure so much I just ordered a second one!

The leg panel to the screw. Sorry I briefly mentioned "leg panel" there. :lol 

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
  2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The positioning of all the ankle joints should be as follows:

Shin connection: all the way forward, so the ankle joints point 90 degrees out from the shin. That's three clicks of movement.

Foot joint: line up the ankle joint parallel to the sole of the foot, and then go one click past it, so the joint now pokes out the bottom of the foot.

Middle joint: just swing it all the way back.

If the positioning is correct, the sole of the foot should be parallel with the rest of the leg.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2013
  3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Both opt1musaber and kaotika have worked on this:

ambitron response to the differences between versions 1 and 2 of Rodimus.

- The inner leg flaps are now designed so that they can pop off. On version 1, a lot of people found theirs popped off during transformation... and were broken. (Although I never had a problem with my v1.)

- The springs in the feet no longer have a habit of popping out (easy enough to fix in v1, though).

- The torso tabs into the back better.

- They have shaved a little off the underside of the pelvic loin cloth piece, so that it doesn't touch the floor in car mode (on v1, that piece can make it really hard to get the car to sit with all wheels on the ground).

If you stand v1 and v2 side-by-side, you can't tell the difference, but my v2 Roddy fits together a lot better than my v1. Whichever version you get, you'll still want to file away the slot in the trailer where you place the spoiler. It seems to be a slightly better fit in v2, but because the spoiler is painted yellow and red underneath, it is very easy to scrape the paint away if you don't file away the inside of the trailer slot (there's a video on YouTube showing how, IIRC).

I'd get v2 if you can, but if not, v1 is still a great figure - even though it's a little more fragile than v2, v2 is still a lot more fragile than MP-10 onwards.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  4. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As someone that owned both, I'd say V1 is the better choice.

(Crazy huh?)

V1 has some MINOR problems as miscreant pointed out

I fixed all these issues on my V1 in 20 minutes.

V2? None of those issues;plus, it's easier to transform. V1 required you to be 100% accurate! V2 gaves you a lot of forgiveness around the arms. In addition, they shaved the crotch guard which is why it's easier to Transform.

HOWEVER, the biggest problem with V2 that I didn't see in V1?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I replaced my V2 with another but I've noticed the same problems. I'll never transform it but given the opportunity, I'd buy V1 over V2. Give me foot spring problems over a broken ROOF anyday.

Check out my comparison pics

Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing

Either way, I love the figure.

[​IMG]

I'm still on the hunt for a junker if anyone wants to help!

Thanks!

I put clear nail polish on the gun. It's a problem with the gun and not hand; V2's gun can be held without any assistance in V1's hand.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
  5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This still needs streamlining.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.