MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Fixes

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Matrix Soul, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have problem with both the side leg panels, both broken. Although the shop I bought from is welling to do a replacement part for me, I still feel it is too "troublesome" and I do not know the odd of getting a good condition one "no crack", "no broken".

I told myself not to be too "demanding" but I really cannot take it the broken toys which costs me USD 200...

And I am surprised a lot of brothers here do not really bother but find a way to glue it back. I start to tempt to do so...

2. Steenblock

Steenblock Well-Known Member

Hey guys, been applying all the helpful tips in here and they have been working out great for me with my Rodimus figure. One thing that is bugging me though is loose elbow joints, seems that they are the only wobbly part of the figure to me. I unscrewed the screws on the arms, but they wouldn't come apart all the way. Anyone else had that problem and know what to do?

3. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Be careful here. This thread was originally set up for the Takara MP Rodi. If you have the TRU version, the elbows have been completely retooled (as far as I have read), and are very different.

4. Steenblock

I have the Takara MP Roddy, not the TRU one. Just seeing if there is a way to tighten the elbows up a bit. He can hold his proton rifle just fine now (after using crazy glue on the pegs of the guns) but his lower arms flop down sometimes when he holds the rifle up.

5. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes but use clear nail polish or future floor polosh not supeglue to do it. Bend his elbow till its 90 degrees. Look at the elbow you should see the joint which has teeth and a key type thing on the upper arm. Try to get some nail polish on the key. You may want to do this by ratcheting his arm to a 90 applying some polish to the elbow teeth and move that in a position its touching the key then ratchet it out and let it dry. It may take a few Applications but you should make the key grip the elbow teeth better in the process without the perminent damage superglue would do.

6. Steenblock

Sweeet time to go out and buy some clear nail polish

7. Robticon

Robticon Out of the Game

I just got my TRU MP Roddy, and noticed that the elbow cover, which is what is actually connected to the lower ratcheting joint on the elbow, pops up and out frequently on both arms even though I'm bending the arms normally. Am I doing something wrong, or is my figure messed up, is this normal, or...?

Well, at any rate here's a picture of it:
    [​IMG]

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this! It's just that this has been frustrating me ever since I got him earlier, and I can't seem to see what the problem is.

8. Demonss

News Credits:
    Its normal.. Not sure why that was added

9. Robticon

Robticon Out of the Game

Aw man, really? That's lame. Oh well, thanks for telling me about it. At least now I know if I went and tried to exchange it for another one, it'd be the same deal all over again. : /

10. Demonss

News Credits:
    Yeah.
    Since I had returned my Japanese version adn did the review on the tru version I'm pretty sure I said in my review, "I don't remember these being here."

They are a hassle.

I assume you got yours back into proper position right?

*edit* looking at the older pictures it looks like the takara version had it as well.. Just it didn't pop out so much?

11. Robticon

Robticon Out of the Game

Yeah. I have been able to pop them back into 'place' easy enough. And if I bend it juuust right, I can fully bend and un-bend the elbow without having it pop up and out. Still way more frustration than was really needed.

Like you said, it's a hassle.

12. grimlock78

grimlock78 Well-Known Member

Help!

I got a TF Hasbro Rodimus At tfcon, when I opened it the whole ankle bracket crumbled, I got a replacement from Ebay...any ideas on how to fix,

13. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have a question about the ankles on MP-09. As far as I can tell they have outward tilt but not inward tilt, so keeping his feet flat when his legs are wide is virtually impossible?

And another question - on mine one of the screws that holds the spoiler together has come out, meaning that the spoiler can flap a little where it attaches to the roof. Getting a screwdriver in the there to screw it back in looks impossible, burt as far as I can tell I could glue it together without causing any problems. Unless anyone else knows differently?

Thanks

14. LizardbotHero

LizardbotHero I am a warrior

Ebay:
    My issue with MP Rodimus (Hasbro ver.) is that the front end of the car will not sit flush with the rest of the vehicle. There is a bit of a gap at the part right in front of the engine block (the part that you rotate around 180 degrees when transforming to robot mode). Does anyone know how to remedy that?

15. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Can't help you with the second issue, but Rodimus' ankles definitely tilt in to allow for wide legged stances. Got him like that right now. Don't know what's going on with yours. A spring issue?

16. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    As far as I can tell it's the shape of the plastic ankle joint. The shape doesn't seem to allow it. What version do you have?

17. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

Version 1. Haven't heard of your problem before. Just spring issues. Weird, man.

18. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Hey banjoted, I've got the same problem with the ankle tilts. I posted in the 3P thread but didn't get a response. This is the text of the post:

19. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hey man. I had a look at the ankles and I'm pretty certain it's not the springs - the shape of the plastic on the joint prevents it from bending inwards. Note that it's curved on the outside to allow tilt but squared off on the indie, stopping any lateral movement.

Googling images of Takara Rodimus I don't see many where his foot is tilted inward - although there are plenty of the Hasbro version standing like that, and my understanding is that his ankle joints were different. But I'm not certain as it's very hard to find a concrete answer.

My main issue is the shoulder problem I have. I think it's just been put together wrong and I reckon I could fix it if I could get it off but I don;t see how to remove the pin that holds the shoulder together. There's a distinct lack of guides online of how to do it, too :-(

It's all detailed here as pulled from my other post:

20. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Oh man. Not the springs but a structural design issue? Argh.

Can anyone confirm this and/or explain how the joints are different between Tak/Hasbro versions? Maybe we could shave something off or jimmy a fix.

I haven't transformed my Rodimus and at this point I'm too afraid to try. My toy's shoulders seem OK but I just don't know anymore with this guy.