MP - 05 Gimmicks??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Emperor Bruticus IV, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Maybe the stock fusion cannon sound effect from the show every time you pull the trigger.
    Also the energy chip that he used to cheat in the fighting dueal against Prime. It could be used to light up in his chest the same way the Matrix did on MP-01

2. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

OMG!!!
    I want this now, unmodiffied!

3. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Kinda funny how many people seem to want an arm's length of stuff and believe it could actually happen. Energy mace from the TV show, gun from the movie, laser sword from the movie, attachable Laserbeak, silencer & stock, energy chip, key to Vector Sigma, etc. I mean c'com, let's be a little realistic here. Worst case scenerio is that he's a stand-alone gun with no silencer & stock attachments but we get a mace. Best case scenerio is that we DO get the silencer & stock AND the mace. Anything beyond that would be cake, but I really doubt we'll see more than that for the price he's being sold for.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Personally, I think Convoy/20th Op was a little bit over-gimmicked. the accessories were good choices. The light-up matrix and the moving faceplate were good. the pistons in the joints and the suspension in the wheels were neat but not particularly necessary. The vents and springs in the legs/feet were really unnecessary and would've been way better replaced with better, stronger ankle joints.

I don't know what to expect from Megatron, though I do worry a bit that a lot of possibilities will be held back for a "perfect edition" to come in the future. I doubt the gun will shoot anything, though a light-up or sound effect might be part of it, possibly localised in the scope. A purple mace/flail seems pretty likely. Similar to the Classics, I'll take a good-looking design over one more gimmick any day.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I still don't really understand this ongoing worry that people have about "perfect editions" coming out after the original versions do. I firmly believe that Takara thought people would be fine with MP-01 having no trailer since it's not essential to the robot itself, but only decided to do it after years of fan outcry asking for one. But I bet if no one raised a fuss, they wouldn't have ever done one.

In Starscream's case, I don't think a properly colored version will be considered a "perfect edition" as much as just finally getting it right. Then again, if Takara know they'll still be able to sell shitty product, like MP Starscream, you can't really blame them for doing a better version later. The only way they'll get the message is if the fans/collectors call their bluff and not buy the original version. I mean, just look at how many people bicthed about SS's aweful colors but said they'll buy it anyway. If they (the fans) stood their ground and didn't buy StarGreen, I bet we would have seen a properly colored version in no time.

If MP Megatron doesn't come with a silencer or stock, it'll be up to the collectors to take a stand about it since it'll be pretty obvious Takara are holding out to release a complete edition later on. But if it does come with the expected accessories, I see no reason to think a better version will come out later.

6. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

That would make for one huge gun. Not that it couldn't happen mind you.
    Even if it doesen't, hopefully somebody will make aftermarket parts for it ala the unofficial trailers for Convoy.

7. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

It looks like the scope has a push in button to light up the fusion canon, It look like the Scope may also twist (like a maglight) to zoom in alt mode.
    I also noticed there seems to be a diffrent mechanism for the trigger on the right leg, mybe the trigger will actually work? If it does I will be shocked.
    It seems like his arms could slide outwards. The fusion canon is wider at the base than his arm in its current state.

I have without a doubt that the legs will be fixed. I think they just wanted to see how much space things would take up with the proto. Im guessing we will see pictures of his alt mode in the next 2 weeks. then about another 2 weeks later, we will se Megz after eating Creatin, Steak and Steroroids.