MP-03 Starscream design pics???

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fit For natalie, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ironhide/Ratchet would be cool. I would rather them not merely repaint Bumblebee into Cliffjumper since the originals had totally different alt modes and robot modes despite their similarities, but I guess it could work. The Soundwave/Soundblaster would definitely be interesting.

I suppose MP Prowl/Bluestreak would be a good option if they keep the line going.

What I'd really love is a MP Sixshot. Takara could do the slight retools for a Greatshot, which would be a really really neat addition to people's collections.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Not to mention using the mold to pad out their Brave Masterpiece line as Shadow Maru and his little-known non-toy brother Kagemaru!

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:

LOL, right on!

4. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I remember that thread. They had forgotten to take a piece of plastic off optimus' front too!
    Anyway, I'd love a Masterpiece Starscream/Thundercracker/Skywarp, but I think it's more likely that the images were either from a Robot Masters Concept Artist or possibly even from the TF Classic/TF Neo design team. I just think people would have already known about this if it comes with the THS 02 Convoy.

5. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I know this is Masterpiece, but do you really think Hasbro wouldn't be working on this as well, yes Takara made Masterpiece Braves, but Starscream is a hugely popular TRANSFORMERS character, you know Hasbro would be releasing this either as an Alternator or "20th" anniversary toy....even if it was all plastic...we don't even know the size of him yet, this could merely be the Classics Starscream....sure we didn't get MP-02 from Hasbro, but then again not many people wanted it, not releasing a simple repaint into a character that wasn't hugely popular is a understandable move from Hasbro.

All i'm saying is that i'm sure this is the work of the two companies, or a huge fake....

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    If there is a Hasbro version, I'm sure it won't be different enough to not get instead of the MP-03 Japanese version. If not, I'll be importing.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'd buy an MP-03 Starscream. However after the ultra laziness of Ultra Magnus I wouldn't touch repaints of it unless they involved significant remoulding, i.e. Thrust, Dirge or Ramjet.

8. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

But Magnus was only lazy because he never appeared in the show like that, and would have been far cooler with some snap-on armour or something.

Skywarp and Thundercracker were fairly important show characters who looked the same as SS, just with different paint jobs. They make a lot more sense as repaints than Magnus did.

9. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In addition to what I sadi earlier, it would be funny if this was released, and then Takara did the usual repaints.

I wonder how many people would switch sides....

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    True, but they're still just straight repaints; I can't justify dropping Masterpiece-like amounts of money on something I already have in a different colour.

11. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I agree, Draven. Masterpiece figs are too expensive to buy more than one of a mold.

12. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just because it's not 2004 anymore doesn't mean Hasbro wouldn't release it. They'd just need to get a different banner name for it, like "huge super cool die-cast version line." Or they could just call it Masterpiece as well. :p 

13. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

NIIIIICE!

I'm so glad they're continuing the MP toys! And Starscream is a great choice!

14. Subria

Subria Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  15. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Looks like a customized RM starscream...

16. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I currently would be very surprised if this is a fake. Mainly because of the F-15 drawings at the bottom. They are very detailed and very accurate, but also clearly a G1 seeker and not a "real" F-15.

In short--if it's a fake, someone spent many many hours of research and drawing to make an incredibly detailed F-15 schematic. And it's not a pre-existing F-15 drawing that's been modified. The nozzles alone are enough proof for me---they've got all the little details that even most $100 F-15 model kits don't fully incorporate. You wouldn't go to that kind of effort for a fake, especially when it's hard to see in the corner of a pic.

17. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

I've wanted this for a long time. That said, I'm gonna wait to get excited until some more definate news comes out.

18. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I hope it doesn't have shortened smokestacks.

19. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    They are still talking about the MP Starscream, the toys shown there is a kitbashed RM SS, he did a good job though, I would love to have that done to mine...

20. Subria

Subria Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah thought so. I could see the crapness despite the shinyness ;)  Still he's made some decent improvement - kneejoints for one.

One of the members on the board back home thought it might have been, so just wanted to check.