MP-03 Starscream design pics???

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fit For natalie, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    HE designed the VF-1 but the 1/48 toys were designed by Nishikawa(FLEX).

2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:

You haven't seen any of this guy's designs have you? Look at the VF's from Macross. That should answer the question right there. And for that matter, starscream is much SIMPLER than anything he has come up with....seriously....the YF-19 alone has a much more complex transformation.

And THS-02 was limited by its size. I'm sure if it was bigger he could have made the design more realistic.

3. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

Thats not a fair comparison, if you had THS-02 you would appreciate the intricacy and engineering that has gone into him. Could it have a better alt mode? Sure, however it would cost a lot more and probably be a lot of broken ones out there. Its a truely tiny figure and should be appreciated for what it is, it isnt a BT/Alternator, if he had a 1/24th scale to work with I dont doubt it would be realistic.

Reality doesnt fulfill all of our desires

4. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I may be wrong, but I've always assumed the grand daddy of all transforming mecha and transforming robots was Raideen.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1990

It transformed into a bird-shaped jet/ship/thingie.

It's from 1974-1975. Seeing as Mazinger Z (sometimes credited as the first piloted mecha) is from 1972, I think it's possible that Raideen was the first transforming robot.

-airfox

5. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Getter Robo was the first transforming robot, created by Go Nagai.

6. airfox

News Credits:
    All Macross mecha is just beautiful. From the VF-1 to the VF-0.

Still, I think Nevermore's point is valid in that the alt modes of Kawamori designed mecha from Macross are fictional (realistic looking though).

G1 Starscream's jet mode (and by extension, MP Starscream's) has to be an F-15. It cannot be similar to an F-15 like a VF-1 is similar to an F-14.

EDIT: the previous message was not meant to belittle Kawamori's obvious skills. If he's indeed designing MP Starscream, I'm pretty sure it would be awesome. I like THS-02, so I can't imagine what goodness he can accomodate on a bigger figure.

-airfox

7. airfox

News Credits:
    Getter Robo doesn't transform per se.

It's 3 jets that combine, rather than Transform. And while they're combining, there's some morphing going on there.

-airfox

8. Jasonnin

Jasonnin Well-Known Member

I would buy this only if it was based on G1 Starscream. I ended up buying Takara 20th prime, and as well the Hasboro version. I refused to buy the Magnus version. To me, it feels like they are double dipping people's wallets. It comes with EVERYTHING prime had. The only difference was he was now white? No thanks!! I'll pass on that! But, this Starscream could be very interesting. I wouldnt purchase any other masterpiece based off
    Starscream though. I do wish they would have made G1 Megatron. (AS A GUN) But then they couldn't bring it here. Now let's see some prototype pictures, before I get anymore excited. That's my $.02 anyways.