Moving a collection into an attic bedroom

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shrapbackshell, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Shrapbackshell

Shrapbackshell Well-Known Member

Hi- i'm in the process of moving to somewhere in the uk and i've found a house that i and my family agree is best for us, the bedrooms are in the attic, and the walls are slanted in each room, so i need help on ideas of how i could display my collection: my collection consists of vintage masters of the universe with all of the playsets including eternia ( so they would take up a lot of space) transformers (vintage and modern) with g1 bases and generations metroplex and lastly, kenner and neca aliens and predators (downsizing is not an option!). Since the walls are slanted , it would seem that i can't put shelving in (since that is what most of my stuff is displayed on) are there any kind of special cabinets/ bookcases that i could use to display my things on??

Thanks

2. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Do the roofs slant all the way to the floor?

3. Shrapbackshell

No, there's something like 3ft of straight wall, then they're slanted all the way up

4. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Hmmm? I don't know, you could get some sort of TV stand looking shelf, that could fit into the 3ft gap.

Metroplex looks to be a bother :lol 

5. Shrapbackshell

Good idea

6. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Buying or renting? If buying I say custom build the shelving...frame the unit...have the shelves get deeper from top to bottom....

7. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I have custom shelves in my room, the roof comes down on a minor slant on one side, it's big enough for a computer desk and 32 inch TV to fit under, so yeah.

But two of the shelves that attach to the slant come out all the way to the other end of the room across the wall. I can't imagine each shelf coming out further in an attic room.

8. Shrapbackshell

Buying. Thanks for the advice :) 

9. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Hey Shrapback,I don't know if you are here in the US or you live in the UK but there are stores here called Fred's and they have storage racks to put like DVD and Bluray Movies in and I have about 4 of those in my room and they work perfectly for small to medium figures depending on the way you set them up.

I mean each rack is about 10" wide by about 30" or 32" long,now what I mean about setting them up I actually turned mine horizontally and have them stacked on top of each other but you could turn yours up vertically and they should fit with maybe 6" to spare.As for the shelves themselves each compartment (there are 3 in each one) are about 9 1/2" or 10" long and about 7" or 7 1/2" wide to put your figures in.

Finally a few more words these shelves are pretty reasonable if you catch them on sale for about $7 or $8 apiece,and my last advice is if you get some of these do like I did stack them 2 by 2 and slide the top 2 about 1/3rd over the bottom ones and you should have enough room to sit your Gen. Metroplex on one end without a chance of hitting the angle where the roof starts curving.Hope that helps.

10. Shrapbackshell

I live in the uk, but thanks anyway

11. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    custom displays might be your best option