Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Zigholtul, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    OK, don't worry about it. Sometimes I quote the wrong person.

• Like Like x 2
  2. CamaroBee

CamaroBee Well-Known Member

Alright, so I just recently finished paint work on 4 figures (SS Sideswipe, Soundwave, WWII Hot Rod, and Barricade). Is there any one in particular you all want to see first?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Budi

Budi Basically a scale junkie

Hello everyone, i'm new to this thread and very happy to see fellow movie figures enthusiasts, thought i would share my collection here, these are from several years ago when even studio series are still rumored, i really like the movie dinobots design and kinda wish they get their own origin movie because they got very minor character development in tlk, like since they speak only one language, the language of strength and brute force, i think it's interesting to see grimlock advancing to become their leader, i'm still hoping for studio series to release more of the dinobots tho, hopefully soon..

1. tiny-IMG_20161014_172759-1.jpg 2. tiny-IMG_20170604_172156.jpg 4. tiny-DMK2.jpg 5. tiny-IMG_20171010_085242.jpg 6. tiny-IMG_20171103_131552.jpg

i just read this and best of luck to you man, hope you're not gone for too long and can still be in touch with the community, explosions!

• Like Like x 28
  4. TickTockGoesTheClock

TickTockGoesTheClock Dōmo arigatō, Mr Roboto

I just want to see them!;) 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

I leave this coming Saturday. Quarantine starts Sunday!

Yeah, agreed. I just want a few of the last important, or at least notable characters, and then I’m good with SS. It’d be cool to get concept characters like Breakaway, Springer, etc, but I’m not holding my breath. If they go that route, I’ll support, because some of the movie concept art is outstanding.
    We absolutely need an official SS Frenzy and Ravage, I wish they’d knock those out already.
    We need The Fallen, Skids and Mudflap (personally I don’t, but they were prominent, so), Dino, Que, and Sideways. I also wouldn’t mind repaints for Demolishor and Grindor (I know the whole B v G debate, but the leader Blackout mold in white, gold and black would be dope). And I’d really like deluxes of Bee movie Arcee and Wheeljack, maybe even Ratchet and Ironhide too (Brawn looked meh to me)

Barricade

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    So remember everyone, Keep eyes open this Summer for a Studio Series Leader class The Fallen. And maybe depending on if preorders sell out, maybe someone help him.

[​IMG]
    Yes, you right there!
    Kid: What would happen if Studio Series the Fallen was a Voyager?
    Good question, @Megatron118?

• Like Like x 7
  7. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

As long as he’s taller and larger than Megatron and Prime, I don’t care! I’d like him slightly shorter than Grimlock, so however they wanna manage that is good with me

• Like Like x 9
  8. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette IT'S A GUNDAM!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I dunno, consider that the core concept of this franchise is "robots in disguise", it won't be impossible for said yellow Jeep to be actually a certain yellow giant robot from outer space in disguise :p 

Among them all, I'll like to see Barricade first. Consider that the stock SS Barricade has quite a lot of flat black plastic, I'll curious to how could someone paint it up to bring out those sculpted details drowned out by the flat black plastic...

• Like Like x 5
  9. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

OMG how could I forget to do that!!
    You are so right!! image.jpg Fixed! Apologies once more!
    all obviously!! Alphabettical order or group-shot?

@Budi welcome to the movieverse guys and I agree.. the dino’s need more backstory!

• Like Like x 14
  10. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Studio Series has been such a phenomenal line. I’m trying to stop and think about what I want from the remainder of the line, but I can’t articulate it. Studio Series has allowed me to step back from some of the anxieties of collecting and simply have fun. I find myself not eagerly following the news of upcoming releases, instead I’m seeing new figures released or come up for preorder and being blown away: “NO WAY THEY’RE DOING ROADBUSTER?!” I haven’t had that kind of interaction with Transformers in a long time, and it’s refreshing.

• Like Like x 11
  11. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Totally agree on this one. As neat as it might be to see "Beige Brawl" and "Dread Retool #7" in the line, I'd be super surprised to see anything like that become a reality. I love this line, but I certainly don't want to see it dragged out longer than it really needs to be just for the sake of it

I've been thinking of returning to MPMs recently as well, as I'm sure I've mentioned before. I had to sell off the few I previously had because I needed the money for college fees, and I do miss them a bit. But at the same time costs and space are an issue, so I dunno. Another thing I've considered doing is buying some figures from older Movie lines that I really liked, but again, cost and space are a whole thing. Space more-so in this case I suppose

I'm also pretty content to keep the Studio Series figures as like, the definitive versions of the characters for my collection. I'm not so sure I want/need to buy a bunch of these characters again but just bigger and/or older

But all at the same time, I'm not super sure about where my collection might go if I'm not buying Movie figures. Maybe I'll take a break? Or venture into other Transformers toy-lines? Or even other toy-lines outside of Transformers? Either way, it's exciting times ahead!

Welcome aboard! Those are some beautiful customs!

I always really liked the AOE Dinobots, at least the ones I had anyway. They weren't super accurate, but they were a lot of fun

I also thought at one point that I'd really like a Demolishor repaint from Scavenger, but now I'm not so sure. But then again, he's probably my favourite of the Constructicons, and it'd be nice to have one I could play with while the other is functioning as part of Devastator. I guess it depends on how an official one would look

Lovin' the love!

I try to avoid leaks and rumours myself, as, like you said, it's way more fun and exciting hearing about stuff for the first time when it's officially revealed, as opposed to spending months thinking to myself "I wonder when they're gonna reveal [X character]"

• Like Like x 8
  12. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    You know, Drive Thru Movies are coming back now due to what's going on now.

13. CamaroBee

CamaroBee Well-Known Member

Alright, coming up first is Barricade!

I had a few problems with painting Barricade, actually. The first of these was the use of rubbery plastic on the figure which, as I discovered, does not mix well with enamel paint. It just kind of stays perpetually tacky, even months and years later ( I repainted my TLK Berserker into Crankcase forever ago and the gold paint on the dreads still comes off on your fingers). Acrylic paint works just fine though, so I just recently got some acrylic silver paint I could use. The other problem was the purple paint - it was super thin and didn't show up well against the black plastic. To fix this, I painted all the purple sections in white and then went over it with Purple so it would show up better.

In vehicle mode I just added some small details - the headlights, orange and red reflective pieces, the license plate, silver dots on the tires, and the exhaust.

Barricade 2.jpg
    Barricade Vehicle Mode 1.jpg
    More pics:
    Barricade 1.jpg
    Barricade 3.jpg
    Barricade Vehicle Mode 2.jpg

Sorry for the low picture quality, a lot of the detail (particularly on the legs) doesn't come across very well.

• Like Like x 21
  14. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Whenever there's a long break in official merch I like to see what's going on in 3P. Some really talented people have been making MPM-ish figures of characters we will almost certainly never get as official MPMs. I mean, I own a fully articulated transformable MOHAWK for fuck's sake! But yeah, once movie stuff dies down I can only imagine I'll be less active. Unless the next movies are out by then and the hype starts all over again.... (I really hope they're not all super G1 though. That will dull my hype a lot but I'll probably still get them)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Aren't you going to put that out?
    Walking Fire.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  16. Razorquake

Razorquake Well-Known Member

20200524_182713.jpg loving this little yellow bastard.
    Ashamed to say i considered him a hard pass on reveal, due to the ridiculous wheel wings and spindly legs, but modded (i dont mind 'action master'-ing my shit - i often get a second to keep 'pure') and painted up he oooooooooozes character. Painting the inner toe bit yellow totally eliminates the odd looking feet, and just the fact that you can slump his shoulders delights me.
    So hasbro, the next time you give is a 'bee (lets face it, wave after next), please do something else with the front wheels. Anything. Please. You are this close to perfection.

• Like Like x 26
  17. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime I'm Optimus, I make Prime examples of mini-Tonkas

• Like Like x 1
  18. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which parts do I unpin?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

All of them.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Lockon Prime

Lockon Prime I'm Optimus, I make Prime examples of mini-Tonkas

These pins on each abdomen piece. And you'll have to swap sides though. So the one on the left will go on the right, and vice versa. 20200524_145636.jpg
    Also, I've completely sacrificed my Jetfire to keep him combined with Prime, so I don't know if those pieces will tab in place in alt mode for Jetfire.

• Like Like x 7